Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

The Israel and Palestine War

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 2:08am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

In this thread let's discuss about the war that is going on right now against Palestine and Israel.Do you guy's think what Israel is doing is right? I don't think so,lately i have been reading about it and there is even a page on Facebook of a guy who used to live in Gaza and so everyday he post's pictures about what's happening and how bad Israel is but nobody is not helping them and he posted this recently :"Israel has broken 65 U.N resolutions with no consequences. Iraq broke two and got invaded, bombed and destroyed." This is quite unjustice and even nobody is helping Palestine,Anyway's whoever want's to read more just go like his page called Mohammed Zeyara. Now let's discuss further more.

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 2:29am

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject, but from what I do know, neither side is innocent.

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 7:50am

09philj

09philj

1,776 posts

neither side is innocent.

Aside from the civilians both sides seem intent on murdering in their hundreds.

Hamas is a militant organisation dedicated to dismantling Israel, regardless of the human cost. Israel is in turn, entirely focussed on subjugating the Palestinians, again regardless of cost. If this was 1948, the issue would be relatively clear cut: Israel was created due to an Illegal invasion of another country, and shouldn't exist. 66 years and countless atrocities later, there is basically no hope of a peaceful solution, or any other solution, except the complete annihilation of both sides, unless the Pope really is God's representative on earth and performs the miracle of brokering a lasting peace when the leaders of both side visit him in the Vatican.

Posted Jul 11, '14 at 1:12pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

America sides with Israel because they don't want to look bad. Any intervention there is probably moot, though.

Posted Jul 12, '14 at 4:28pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

Hamas is a militant organisation dedicated to dismantling Israel, regardless of the human cost. Israel is in turn, entirely focussed on subjugating the Palestinians, again regardless of cost. If this was 1948, the issue would be relatively clear cut: Israel was created due to an Illegal invasion of another country, and shouldn't exist. 66 years and countless atrocities later, there is basically no hope of a peaceful solution, or any other solution, except the complete annihilation of both sides, unless the Pope really is God's representative on earth and performs the miracle of brokering a lasting peace when the leaders of both side visit him in the Vatican.

hmmm why destory both sides? it seems that your idea of peace is a world where those who dont want it are anihilated instead of changing their mind? in that case destroying just one COULD get you peace.

but what is this really about? even if we do agree that israel "shouldnt exist" it does. whats the solution? whats the actual problem? do those who dont live in israel NEED the place? how come there are so many arabs/muslims/beduins etc. who live peacefully in israel with jews who are also getting hurt by the rockets?

does a person over the other side really feels homesick for this place? i dont get the point in this fight. whats the objective? is it that important to cause war and risk (in many cases give) your life?

i might be totally wrong but i keep getting the idea that its just grudge/revenge/ego that is the main problem here. honestly, if someone kicked me out of my house by force and i couldnt do anything about it and 60 years have passed i really wouldnt still try to get it back or hurt the persons family.

two wrongs dont make a right and eye for an eye makes the world go blind. whatever happened in the past, if the only reason for this war is blinded anger theres really no doubt about who takes the offensive/deffensive sides in the present.

Posted Jul 12, '14 at 5:45pm

09philj

09philj

1,776 posts

hmmm why destory both sides?

I meant one or both.

how come there are so many arabs/muslims/beduins etc. who live peacefully in israel with jews who are also getting hurt by the rockets?

Because Netanyahu doesn't give a **** about collateral.

last edited Jul 12 2014 05:52 pm by 09philj

Posted Jul 13, '14 at 7:37pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Thebluerabbit, the war is due to nationalism. Those groups have had rivalries for nearly 2 thousand years. Mostly it was caused by religion. It's actually not even that complex. It's just a war-torn land with hate-filled people.

Posted Jul 13, '14 at 10:06pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

Posted Jul 14, '14 at 5:22am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

5,378 posts

Thebluerabbit, the war is due to nationalism. Those groups have had rivalries for nearly 2 thousand years. Mostly it was caused by religion. It's actually not even that complex. It's just a war-torn land with hate-filled people.

how is it about religion? there has to be more then that really. isnt it about how israelis got this land? wouldnt that be the main basis of this whole war? if religion was really the only reason i think this would have looked very different.

also, israel really isnt much about religion unlike what most people think. in fact, most people here are either atheist or agnostic and dont care about details of judaism at all.

Posted Jul 14, '14 at 1:34pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

u w0t m8

I said it was due to nationalism with a large basis of that nationalistic tendency coming from religion. That means it is also about land, economics, culture, heritage, social structure, and lots more. There weren't many atheists in the middle east when Christianity and Islam were at their peaks.

Nationalism = "My country can beat up your country!"

last edited Jul 14 2014 01:36 pm by Salvidian

Reply to The Israel and Palestine War

You must be logged in to post a reply!