ForumsNews and FeedbackAd-Free Gaming

162 64188
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hate ads? You now have an option to remove them from the site. Just click the remove button next to ads and for a nominal fee you can remove the ads from the site.

Also, there may be a super secret forum. I mean... err NO forum, that doesn't exist.

• 162 Replies
raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

so a promise is ok to break just because its dumb and you need money?

a guarantee is a promise that a product works for an intended period of time and if it dosent live up to that promise it will be replaced or fixed. how many companies make money off of replacing good for free. I bet they could make much more buy saying FU go buy another.

when a site says "hey give me your email and I will remove these ads" that's what I expect to happen. not for it to happen for a few months then come back and ask for money to remove them again.

like I said and now you have said money is more important than keep their word, so fully expect an increase in price or a new ad not removed by AFG in the next 18 months.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@raunchy Advertising has evolved. It's not about making more money, it's about making the same money - and it now requires more ads. This isn't the fault of Armor Games, this isn't us "changing" what we've always done to annoy people - it's about us maintaining enough money to pay developers and server fees. That's all.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

And I just want to say, I think this whole &quotromise" argument very weak. Where is this promise we supposedly made?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@raunchy I've already asked you the question Ferret posted. You keep making it about a supposed promise that nobody seems to remember but there is another way to see it:

"Allowing" the site to put up some ads or pay for Ad-Free Gaming out of respect.
The administrators are doing an excellent work running this site and keeping the servers up, while always keeping it friendly with users, even people who don't like them like you.
The moderators are always user friendly and available for any questions you may have, while never abusing their abilities.
The games hosted are some of the best flash games in the internet and there is also a wonderful quest system.
As such, I would gladly pay more than 1.49 USD a month to keep this wonderful site up and running. And even if you are not willing to pay, cut them some slack just for those reasons and don't complain about some ads which on the worst case will take up 30 seconds of your time.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

I find it funny that im not the only one that remember this promise from when pre game videos first got put on the site. its just the pro AFG people that seem to not remember it.

and as iv said over and over its not about the $1.50, its about their broken word. I wouldn't buy AFG for $0.01 because AG had broken their word in the past so why would i trust them to keep it now.

if i new how to view all my posts i would go back and try to find the thread i made a few years ago about pregame videos when they came back if it still existed.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

When you house is lit on fire, you don't tell the person trying to throw water on the house that you PROMISED you wouldn't make them wet. That's silly, much like this argument. That's assuming it's based on any fact at all.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

WUT?

if my house was on fire i would make any promises saying people wouldn't get wet. im not even sure how that analogy works here.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Our house wasn't on fire at the time, and again - your saying we said something I've seen no proof of. If it's true, did we give a duration? Did we say no ads FOREVER? Maybe we were gifting people who signed up as a good will gesture, and you mistook it as promise?

DeonteH
DeonteH
1 posts
Nomad

This thread sparked my interest, so I bought 30 days of AFG; nothing happened. I contacted jroyster22 hoping that he'll help me.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Lets loop in @Ferret

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

*Sigh* Yeah, we know about the Oops problem, trust me we're trying to puzzle it out.

@DeonteH You should be all fixed.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

well ferret im guessing it was 2 or 3 years before you were around and the oldest ad post I can find is from 2009 which was right around the time the site went thru the format change. im guessing all the old forum stuff from before that time is no longer around. so I have no way to drudge up a thread as proof.

like I said I remember raising a fuss back then when videos came back to the site on an old account maybe 3 months before the format change was done. the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

anyhow this thread has been going on for 6 months now. I will take another few month break from it and just lol at it on my own. the fact that this is the most active thread on this sites forum should be enough evidence that this was poorly received.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@raunchy Have fun out there.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Argument from ignorance.

Nope. To have an argument from ignorance, he would at least have to assert that this is validates some claim. All it really says is "the fact that no evidence is there does not necessarily mean that the claim is false".
raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

you must be trolling mattem. have some faith in what I say is true. you seem to believe other things that have no evidence of being true.

Showing 106-120 of 162