ForumsSupport ForumThe mod test

90 16783
alejandro_
alejandro_
50 posts
Nomad

hm. What if mods were picked throw lke a simulation of having to stop spammers. woould that be a better way thanthe traditional hand-picking mods? just wondering.

• 90 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It is a warehouse because a warehouse is cheep, thats what I would imagine. How else would they aford a bigger place than that with them plane tickets?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

@Carlie Why a warehouse?

It has to be big enough for the Wheel of Moderation, our contestant booths, and all of us to fit of course.

but wait, you just but random screen names on it and if luck happens to land on...xXxTetimaruxXx, then he would become a Moderator?

Yep, we have had really good luck so far, it hasn't landed on any spammers yet.
xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Well, I guess they could buy a hole dug by a farmer, couldn't they?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I guess they could buy a hole dug by a farmer, couldn't they?

No no no... see, another thing that the warehouse provides is mood. We have to be able to get it dark in there, and get the fancy game show lights going and everything. This would be much harder to do in any place other than a warehouse. So you see, we have to do this in a warehouse.
zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

Wow that must be a really really big wheel cause it has to fit a full 106500 names on it!!!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Wow that must be a really really big wheel cause it has to fit a full 106500 names on it!!!

Well you see, we don't add ALL of the members to the Wheel of Moderation. First we have to narrow it down with the Super Moderator Lotto.
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I think the idea would have to work in cooperation with other thngs, such as admin. Admin would choose say 4 people that they think could be mods and have them all take the test and see which one handles it best.

^why wouldnt that be fair berberto?
soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

the mods should just choose people who starts saying things this should be locke dor this is spam i think that would be fair not a big wheel

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I still don't see why they would have a test when users could prove themselves in real life (on ArmorGames).

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

the mods should just choose people who starts saying things this should be locke dor this is spam i think that would be fair not a big wheel

If the mods did this, there would be about 50-100 mods. If they chose only a few from this group to become mods, others would get mad for not being included.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

It hasn't let us down yet!
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

But Asherlee hates back seat moderators ROFL'S

zocc1
zocc1
183 posts
Nomad

Does that mean that you like take your wheel and mod lotto and put the people down who said this is spam or something like that so every time the person said this is spam it's just like your buying a mod lotto ticket!!! so that the other 80,000 or something like that people who have like 2 points cause they quit never get nominated by random pick!!!

Just wondering when you tag a comment or forum post as spam does it show up who tagged it as spam.

MAD_MASTER
MAD_MASTER
35 posts
Nomad

carlie's the best of all the mods or what ever she is.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I guess I will break the news... You do know Carlie was kidding right?

Showing 31-45 of 90