ForumsSupport ForumThe mod test

90 16789
alejandro_
alejandro_
50 posts
Nomad

hm. What if mods were picked throw lke a simulation of having to stop spammers. woould that be a better way thanthe traditional hand-picking mods? just wondering.

• 90 Replies
GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Hehe, my penguin never arrived. What happened there?

-Bigbowla

jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Why did you sign it with Bigbowla's name?

Also, if it comes to a tie breaker I think you guys should do 'Who Wants to be A Moderator?' or maybe like an 'Admin Feud' if you guys are trying to decide between two people in you heads.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Hehe, I am Bigbowla...

Or how about Mod or No Mod.

Instead of money you could have names up there, and the person left gets to be a mod.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Or how about Mod or No Mod.
I don't like that idea. It's too random.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Also, if it comes to a tie breaker I think you guys should do 'Who Wants to be A Moderator?' or maybe like an 'Admin Feud' if you guys are trying to decide between two people in you heads.

LOL

Hehe, I am Bigbowla...

eh?I knew you were sumbody familiar.
Lol theres bigbowla all over your comments.

I got a phone call saying an anonymous moderator ate my penguin.
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

Oh, that's kind of what I thought when you signed your comments BigBowla, just wanted to make sure. Also, Mod or No Mod would be good, but my question is would would be the person picking the suitcases, and what would the banker do?

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

what would the banker do?
That's a very good question...
There would really be no use for a banker...
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

but my question is would would be the person picking the suitcases, and what would the banker do?

My bad, I meant who would be the person picking the suitcases, so just replace the first would with who. Also, ya, it would be hard to find a new purpose for the banker.
DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Every 10 or 20k people that join AG a few mods or just the administrators gives the test to 3 people, only 1 out of the 3 people would become a mod?

(Thats just what I am thinking this would be like if they did have the mod test)

AaronM
AaronM
120 posts
Nomad

@DD

Yea I like that idea it seems good.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/sandadesigns/aaronm.png

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

@DivineDarkness
I support that, that is a very good idea. Other than the fact every 10-20k members that join about 100-600 are active.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The mods are chosen when Dan and the other mods go like "Oh noes, we is having problems and needz more modoratorz!"... then I am sure they have a list of people they think would be right for the job, people they have kept an eye on just in case of such emergancy, and they ask them if they would like to be a mod. Then they say "yes" and the mods laugh "just kidding your not gonna be a mod!" and the person feels bad... then the mod who asked the person to join their ranks are like "just kidding yo," and the person become a mod after coughing up $50. The End.

O hope this story which is only half correct answers everyone's questions and I still have no idea why people honestly care so much.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The $50 part is right on the mark.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I didn't know that there's a fee to become a mod...

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, fine or not, donating is always a good idea

Hey kids mail dan all yourz looze changez lol.

Showing 76-90 of 90