ForumsForum GamesDragon Age: Expedition (RPG)

78 21131
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

A year has pass since the Inquisitor's victory against Corypheus, the chaos is beginning to slow under the watch of Divine Victoria and Inquisitor Trevelyan who now poses as her righteous arm but while the situation on the surface has just begun to settle, a fear now envelops the minds of Thedas. While Corypheus's dragon may have not been a true Arch Demon, it has instilled fear into people's hearts still recovering after the last blight only a little more than a decade ago. In light of the rising powers in Thedas, a joint operation has been authorized to locate the last remaining old dragon gods of tevinter, Razikale and Lusacan, to stop future blights from ever occuring. You have been selected for this dangerous mission and its success could mean a new era of peace and safety for Thedas without the looming threat of darkspawn deep underground.

Welcome to Dragon Age: Expedition, this RPG is inspired by a recent playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition as you might be able to tell so whatever my ending for the game was will impact how this story goes.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Elf, Human, Dwarf, or Enlightened Darkspawn)
Background:
Organization: (Inquisition, Templars, Mage's College, Wardens, Orlesian Army, Dalish, etc.)
Class:
Lvl: 0
===============
Stats (Allocate 50 points)
Strength: (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 100/100
Armor: 0/100
Barrier: 0/100
Stamina/Magic: 100/100
EXP: 0/100
===============
Inventory:
Armor:
Helm:
Weapon
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
Potions: 8/8 Healing

Equipment will be given depending on your initial character, stats will be based off of starting stats in the DA: Inquistion. I will give each character a starting perk based off of race selection. Any Ideas are welcome.

• 78 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Name: Ashiwyn Teasen'ghymn
Race: Elf
Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
Organization: Inquisition, Wardens, Dalish
Class: Rouge: Daggers
===============
Stats (Allocate 0 points)
Strength: 10
Constitution: 10
Cunning: 10
Willpower: 10
Magic: 0
Dexterity: 10
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 50
===============
Inventory:
Armor: Warden Scout Recruit Armor(40 Armor)
Helm: Griffon Helm (10 Armor)
Weapon: Iron Dalish Daggers( 6 Attack x2)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raelin nods "Wildlife I can gurantee but beautiful scenery, that might be a little more evasive." he says. The caravan make its way off the mountain that contains sky-hold and back into gradually greener areas when the Warden-Commander stop the caravan.

Name: Demikas (Demi to those he is friendly with.)
Race: Human
Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
Organization: Free marchers.
Class: Warrior: Shield & Sword
===============
Stats: 0/50
Strength: 10 (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: 5 (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: 14 (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: 14 (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: 0 (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity: 7 (Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Health: 125/125
Armor: 80
===============
Inventory
Armor: Free Marches Iron Chainmail (50 Armor)
Helm: Free Marches Soldier helm (20 armor)
Weapon: Iron Longsword (10 Attack), Leather Kite shield (10 Armor)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
(My bad)

The solider gives a quick salute "Yes sir!" exclaims before leaving to get the rest of the guards ready for battle. Reaver shows up not long after the messenger leave "I can tell you know something isn't right here." he says. The wind now carrying the smell of charred flesh and smoke with barely any structures remaining untouched.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Background: Born into a small family that was headed by two factions of thought, Demi's mother believed that their city-state needed to expand their influence into the other states to join them into an empire to rival that of even the Orlesian empire in population, production and military might. His father thought that it would be best just to ransack the other states and take their lands. Demi sided with his mother's side of thought but his brother followed his father, causing friction within the family eventually leading to their split. Demi and his mother kept the house while his father and brother left. He is a warrior politician, trying to get into the higher echelons of government where he can actually make a difference while also in the defensive garrison that protects their state.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

(No worries.)

"The attackers managed to overrun the town watch, men I oversaw the training of, they knew procedure, alert the hub, we drive that into their heads first day of radial training. No matter what, you alert the hub. If there was no fire we wouldn't even know that something was going on. This is no marauding band, no raiders, no army of another nation. This is not human."

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Background:
Nivlac has been delving into the depths of dark magic since he was a child. Nivlac is an orphan who though uses necromancy which is considered a dark magic he is not evil in fact he enjoys helping others. Nivlac is smart and very good with magic though he lacks physical strength or endurance.
Organization: He helps everyone without being in any organization
Class: Necromancer
===============
Stats
Strength: 2 (Warrior Attack Damge, power)
Constitution: 4 (+5 health for every point, endurance)
Cunning: 8 (Crit. Chance and Ranged Defense, street smarts)
Willpower: 12 (Magic Defense, general Intellect)
Magic: 16 (Mage damage, arcane arts)
Dexterity: 8 (Rogue damage, agility and quick hands)
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 0/100
===============
Inventory:
Armor:
Helm:
Weapon
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Is there still room? I assume since you didn't give a list of classes we can choose whatever.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Background: The Teasen'ghymn family can be found among many Dalish clans. They are often storytellers, history finders, negotiators, and history keepers. With all of the work they do it's not uncommon to find them believing in The Maker's existence but so far only one clan has some that will follow him and yet stay with the Dalish. They stay because they want their kind to have a place to call home, to reclaim the forgotten knowledge, and to be able to chose who to worship. Ashiwyn was born to this family and was raised in the Brecilian Forest. Her family has taken her to Denerim and other human cities during their travels but she would have to say that she liked Haven and Redclif the most for they were small and seamed to be willing to let nature be. Ashiwyn joined the Wardens a month after the 5th Blight. When she thought she had heard the calling she made her way to Orzammar so she could stop by the two human settlements she loved. When she got to Redclif the fighting helped to snap her out of it. She then joined the Inquisition and has worked in it ever since.
===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I give a nod and keep up with the caravan until we stop. I then look around to try to see why we stopped.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver grunts once "I concur with your assessment however we can not out rule the possibility it was an inside job. No demon could wreak such havoc and not leave a least a trace of itself." he turns his head towards the gates "It seems your legion is ready, I do admire the readiness of your men." he comments as the sound of clanking metal comes into place "Sir, the council has given you the jurisdiction on this. It seems they wish to test your competence." the scout reports "Also, first recon teams have observed the area and have detected no signs of enemy movement however further insight into the village is obscured by an unseen force."

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

You feel it and all the other wardens do as well, the taint is present and nearby but it is not surrounding. The source feels small but powerful and everyone appears to be on edge but the Warden-Commander doesn't say a word until you see it, a single hurlock approaching up the road. He wears armor never before seen on darkspawn, the armor is very well maintained for a darkspawn "Ah Raziel, I was expecting you sooner." the commander finally speaks with a familiarity of a friend "It is not easy to travel when you are one such as I." his voice is particularity raspy. Raelin immediately fights to contain the surprise on his face, even he did not about this

Background:
Nivlac has been delving into the depths of dark magic since he was a child. Nivlac is an orphan who though uses necromancy which is considered a dark magic he is not evil in fact he enjoys helping others. Nivlac is smart and very good with magic though he lacks physical strength or endurance.
===============
Stats
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
Armor: 45
===============
Inventory:
Armor: Reinforced Robes (40 Armor
Helm: Cloth Hood (5 Armor)
Weapon: Skull Staff (4 Attack X3)
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
(There is still room and class mainly determines what I give you for items, and soon abilities once I properly figure them out)

Life has never gone easy on you but as of late you have come into good fortune. Odd jobs here and there, all to protect people. You are in travel between towns when you notice up ahead four men: one mage and three soldiers dressed in strange garbs. In front of them is one maiden, strapped to an stone altar.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"I don't believe it was one of our people, they are loyal, to the bone and blood. I don't wish to say it but what if this is a new force..." I look to the men, "The teachers are the greatest in the region, our army reflects that, it is how we have been so prosperous and peaceful." I look to the messenger, "Fastest decision they ever made, better not tell them I was going to go no matter what they said. Send the recon around the fields to the hills behind the town, use the wheat to conceal your movement, we need to know what's behind the town so we don't get caught out, send the other recon team around the other side, use the river to move quickly, I'm not getting flanked." I say to the recon leader.

I turn to the army, "Men! We are facing an enemy that dares to come to our front door!" I shout as I stride across the walls attempting to pump up my men, "We will take back our town!" I shout beating my shield to emphasize my point, "We will avenge our people!" I hit my shield again, "We will drive them from our homeland!" I bellow to them banging my shield against the wall.

I start toward the leaders of each division, "Archers are to split between the wheat fields and the hills, you'll be covering the attack, you will also be spotting for any movement. Men your force will be split between defending the archers and send small forces to follow the routs of the recon corp, all other men will be attacking in a crescent moon shape, entering the town as one and clearing every street and building, any survivors are to be brought out of the town with an escort. They are to be set up on the road to the hub, they are to be watched and defended. As you enter you are to keep at least three people in your sight-lines at all times. We do not want to be taken by surprise. Be slow and careful. If you find Evil spawn, do not engage, surround it without relieving yourself and call in reinforcements. Archers, once all the footmen are in the town you are to ensure nothing escapes that is not with an escort." By my side I raise three fingers one after the other, Archers, Recon, Footmen... Am I forgetting anything... I think to myself.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I had heard of enlightened darkspawn but I had never seen one, nor had I known the Queen was friends with one. Because of this I stayed alert but didn't bring out the hunting bow I had packed and was ready to use from my heart. Granted I only managed to be average at it and didn't know any of the archer skills.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Background:
===============
Stats
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:
(There is still room and class mainly determines what I give you for items, and soon abilities once I properly figure them out)

I walk up to them and ask whats going on.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reaver nods slightly however his face is grim "..Or a old force with a new agenda." he says under his breath as you turn away from him. The recon team leader, a man by the name of Cray, smiles at your response "Probably the best one too. Understood sir, nothing is going to get past us." he proudly says before quickly running off with the recon unit, separating just as you instructed.

The men below you stare in anticipation as you begin your speech. Your words invigorate them and for every time you bashed your weapon against your shield, the men responded with four. The boisterous cheering and war cries echo through the air ready to die for you.

Each corps leader acknowledges your plan and proceed to march slowly into position, the sound of swords pounding shields fill the wind carrying their spirit into battle. The recon teams have now disappeared from view since they can move faster than a battalion. Reaver seems to be very on edge, constantly staring at the town "I have no doubt what we face are demons. the Fade has been severely weakened here and without as many sacrifices as I believe there to be. I'm afraid their numbers might match ours in strength." he warns "We can defeat them, my entire career was devoted to it during my soldier days in the Inquisition."

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Raziel begins to move closer to the caravan when suddenly he falls onto his knees and begins to scream in pain "No! It..hurts so much!" he says as he clenches his side. His eyes begin to glow an all to familiar red and soon after red lyrium bursts through his skin in sharp spikes "Everyone back, Now!" the commander orders as the wardens barely escape the explosion sending a wall of red lyrium spikes towards them but from the explosion rises a beast you do not quite recognize. It is a behemoth different from the red templars, with edged lyrium blades for arms and small patches of his remaining armor. It would seem an ambush had been laid.

Background:
===============
Stats
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

The mage simply points towards you speaking in a language you don't quite understand but the three soldiers rush towards you each wielding only a long sword and plate mail armor and they will be upon you in seconds. Meanwhile neon green beams of energy begin flowing from the mage into the maiden, you know enough of necromancy to understand it is to summon a demon

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

ame: Nivlac
Background:
===============
Stats
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I raise a couple of zombies to keep the warriors busy. I than cast a life drain spell on the mage.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

I jump down as I pull out my daggers since I really didn't want to use the bow. I then tell the heart to stay out of danger as I head towards the enemy that was once the Queen's friend. I didn't think this was his fault or he would not have tried to resist. Of course I could be wrong.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

===============
Perks:
Abilities:
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

"But an entire towns-worth of sacrifices? What kind of evil are they trying to appease... I guess we will soon find out. Join the fight where you want, I shall be in the center with my men." I say joining my forces.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Background:
===============
Stats
Perks: Righteous Necromancer (Undead summoned will never turn on you)
Abilities: Life Drain (Heal half of damage done - 10 mana)
===============
Health: 98/100
Stamina/Mana: 100/100
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Allies:
Decayed Zombie Lv1 X2: 8/10 HP, Rusted Sword: 1 Dmg, 1 Poison Dmg X2
Enemies:
??? Henchmen Lv1 X2: 14/20 HP, Weak Iron Sword: 2 Dmg
???Henchmen Lv1: 20/20Hp, Weak Iron Sword: 2 Dmg
??? Necromancer Lvl1: 1/15 HP, Oak Staff: 4 Dmg

Two undead with flesh barely clinging to their bones and swords old and rusted rise from the ground in front of you and take on two of the soldiers, cutting deep into their armor as their targets struggle to fight back. The mage is knocked out from your life drain spell and the maiden's head drops but she is still alive. The third soldiers makes it pass your zombies and swings his sword as you, catching you in the arm.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks: Dalish Origins (Knowledge of Elvish culture)
Abilities: Whirlwind (Attack ten times - 20 Stamina)
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Allies:
Warden Raelin Lv1: 43/50 Hp, Iron Straight Sword: 5 Dmg X2
Warden-Commander Elissa Lv1: 50/50 HP, Silverite Longwsord: 10 Dmg
Warden Sentinel Balthasar Lv1: 14/50 HP, Iron Straightsword: 5 Dmg
Enemies:
Red-lyrium Raziel Lv1: 100/100HP, Red-lyrium blade: 7 Dmg (AoE)

You approach the blast site where the warden-commander and balthasar are already engaged with Raziel however Balthasar is bleeding and wounded and the warden-commander. Raelin is close behind "I got your back!" he yells

===============
Perks: Natural Leader (Able to recruit and inspire allies more effectively)
Abilities: Shield Charge (Do damage to target equal to shield's armor - 15 mana)
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Reylan He laughes briefly "I'm heading into town ahead, I can stay hidden." he says as he runs on ahead, disappearing as he gets close. A recon scout from the field team returns "Sir, we have found no enemies in the surrounding lands but have discovered wheel tracks leaving the town. I am certain they have captives." he formally says with a salute

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

===============
Perks: Dalish Origins (Knowledge of Elvish culture)
Abilities: Whirlwind (Attack ten times - 20 Stamina)
===============
===============
Inventory:
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

Allies:
Warden Raelin Lv1: 43/50 Hp, Iron Straight Sword: 5 Dmg X2
Warden-Commander Elissa Lv1: 50/50 HP, Silverite Longwsord: 10 Dmg
Warden Sentinel Balthasar Lv1: 14/50 HP, Iron Straightsword: 5 Dmg
Enemies:
Red-lyrium Raziel Lv1: 100/100HP, Red-lyrium blade: 7 Dmg (AoE)

You approach the blast site where the warden-commander and balthasar are already engaged with Raziel however Balthasar is bleeding and wounded and the warden-commander is busy blocking Raziel's attacks, distracting him from the wounded warden. Raelin is close behind "I got your back!" he yells

===============
Perks: Natural Leader (Able to recruit and inspire allies more effectively)
Abilities: Shield Charge (Do damage to target equal to shield's armor - 15 mana)
===============
===============
Inventory
Ring(s):
Necklace:
Belt:

ReaverHe laughes briefly "I'm heading into town ahead, I can stay hidden." he says as he runs on ahead, disappearing as he gets close. A recon scout from the field team returns "Sir, we have found no enemies in the surrounding lands but have discovered wheel tracks leaving the town. I am certain they have captives." he formally says with a salute

(Made some edits)

Showing 61-75 of 78