ForumsThe TavernSo this is the tavern...

3488 667073
joshua_setyantoro
joshua_setyantoro
12 posts
Scribe

Can I order beer here?

• 3,488 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Oh. Brilliant. Hopefully it'll give me healing if I flick it a bit.

*flicks ring and it heals me before falling apart*

Well, so much for that. My neck still hurts though.

*chases after ap and DOom*

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Well, after walking a while along the trail, you notice other trails in the distance, first a few and then more, converging to a point somewhere beyond a huge dune in front of you.

You also notice things moving in the sky, aethereal forms circling over the converging trails, more and more the closer you get, though they are too high to really identify yet.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

*looks up* what are those flying things? they are flying above the trails... this can't be good, I guess HahiHa is in serious danger! *starts to hear even more voices*

Magic... is powerful here... I guess we should run, the sooner we leave this place, the better

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

*goes over huge dune*

Is that a dead sandworm I see? And are those this dimension's version of vultures who are scavenging it's remains? Let me get a closer look.

*takes out binoculars*

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

*starts feeling cold, hearing more voices and tries to be possessed*

Chryos... those are not vultures... that is... the necroman- *The Necromancer appears in front of us*

AHHHHHHHHHHH! D:

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Actually, those flying forms are vultures. The bone vultures I mentioned before. Skulls instead of a proper head, the rest of the body an aetherial shape. The corpse they circle around is much larger than a dune worm, which is easy to tell by the dune worms gathered around and writhing within it, eating it.

As for the necromancer, why would you attract the necromancer here by saying it is the necromancer even though it cannot be the necromancer since you haven't said 'necromancer' in this dimension before? Paradox! I propose we forget this happened and go with my initial plan of a large desert creature being eaten by dune worms and bone vultures; though of course if you want to face the necromancer already, go ahead.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

(don't mind ap, you are our game mod in this scenario Ha, I will follow your posts . )

So, as we are following the trail and getting closer to the point they converge, I suppose whatever we are supposed to see will become larger and larger, until we actually have to face it xD

*continues along the trail, carefully watching the vultures*

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

(Sure. I just don't want to monopolize the whole thing and you're welcome to add stuff to it, but since this is not a 'battle royale' as usual it might indeed be better if I continue to narrate the 'main story', so to say ^^)

Anyway, Chryos manages to see through his binoculars what I described above; the others notice that all the trails converge towards the carcass, which looks relatively recent. You are too far for now to attract any attention, though a small noise behind you makes you turn; a fresh new trail is being dug through the sand right now, as a dune worm approaches the carcass. In a moment it will reach your location, and will certainly notice you.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

We should probably move now. You know, just so we don't get eaten by the dune worm.

*places binoculars away before moving closer to the carcass*

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

(Sorry for that, I think my brain is starting to suffer from the cold)

*starts running towards the carcass*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

*Attempts to fly up to avoid the dune worm*

ap, I could have helped with the temperature, I offered to do so from the beginning -_- You are telling me now!? The Dune worm will notice all of us if I use my fire abilities...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

As you move/fly onward, you temporarily leave the late-coming dune worm behind, but are also getting dangerously close to the carcass. However, you begin to notice the trail that must have been left by the large animal before it died; and there's something strange about the carcass, too, though you cannot discern in detail what it is at that distance and while moving.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Can we move any faster? At this rate, the dune worm is going to catch up.

*is slowly starting to run out of energy from running*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

*Comes a bit closer to the carcass and the bone vultures*

I am more concerned about what we will find ahead, than about the Dune worm behind us. These vultures don't seem too friendly and there seems to be something weird about the carcass too.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I'm getting strange feelings, Dark magic is pretty powerful here... there IS something very weird about this place

Showing 2716-2730 of 3488