ForumsThe TavernSo this is the tavern...

3488 667074
joshua_setyantoro
joshua_setyantoro
12 posts
Scribe

Can I order beer here?

• 3,488 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Your senses are way too unreliable. I doubt there's anything wrong with the corpse itself. Besides it's not like HahiHa became enormous and died here.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

*Pokes the corpse with a stick* Nothing is happening... yet.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

As you come even closer, you begin to realize what it is that bugged you about the corpse. While it is being eaten by the desert creatures in front of you, there are marks and cuts on it that look unlike anything the creatures would do; rather, it looks like someone with a sword hunted, killed and partly dismembered the creature. You also notice a new trail going away behind the corpse into the desert.

However, coming closer also drew the attention of some of the creatures. Half a dozen bone vultures veer off from the feast and circle closer to Doom, while on the ground Chryos and ap are trapped between the dune worm coming from behind and a few curious ones from ahead.

Back at the tavern, Swarmlord pokes at a corpse; but what is it, and where did it come from? 0.0
(To get you up to date, Swarmlord: Doom, Chryos and ap are currently in another dimension, and the portal they used to go there collapsed, so they're currently off-limits so to say. You can still do whatever you like in the tavern of course ^^)

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Oh boy. Time to fight! ^^

*Shouts to Chryos and ap from above*

I'll provide aerial cover in case you need it.In the meantime, I shall try to keep the vultures away. You focus on the Dune Worm

*Fires a fireball towards one of the oncoming vultures*

Come on! Let's see what you've got

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The blast of the fireball blows the aetherial body of the vulture away like a candle flame, leaving only a blackened skull tumbling down. The other vultures shy away for a moment, only to come back circling above you a moment later. Suddenly, you hear the sound of wings flapping behind you; turning around, you see a vulture bigger than the others, sporting mean-looking bony talons on its aetherial feet... and a blackened skull. Its empty orbits seem to stare at you with murderous intent as the vulture hurls itself at you, screeching.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Well, I guess it's time to fight. Let's start things off with something simple.

*summons a rain of swords onto the enemies although most of them bounce off harmlessly off the dune worm*

Well, that didn't go as planned. At least now I know that normal weapons don't work on dune worms.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

What? everything that is alive or not has a weak spot, we should probably find it and attack it. I guess they are weak to Poison *tries to poison the dune worm*

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

*summons two laser pistols and starts shooting the dune worm*

Knew I should have brought more explosives. These guns are hardly doing any damage.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

*shoots lasers from eyes*

Mussankhamon
Mussankhamon
1 posts
Blacksmith

Hello!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Welcome to the tavern Mussankhamon! Have a seat. Our regular bartender is currently on adventure in another dimension with a few of us, but there should still be other people around in the tavern.
-
ap tries to poison a dune worm; it reels and twitches for a while, before its digestive system assimilates the poison and it recovers slowly.

Chryos shoots lasers at the worms, but the light beams are reflected by the worm's tough hide.

Back in the tavern, nicho shoots lasers from his eyes, but what is he shooting at and why?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Considering how tough it's exterior is, I guess the only way to destroy it is from the inside or use armor piercing moves.

*disposes of guns before taking out a large flask with some strange powder in it*

AP! Doom! Could one of you try toss this flask into the dune worm's mouth? And make sure it breaks upon landing! Hopefully the decaying powder would kill it from the inside.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Sure thing! Got it!

*Swoops down to avoid the vulture and grab the flask from Chryos's hand*

Now, to take this thing out. But how to get it to open its mouth?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Wait. Isn't it's mouth always open? I mean, how else would it travel through the sands?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The big vulture swoops down after Doom; at the same time, a large dune worm erupts from the sands behind Doom, lunging at him with its toothed maw wide open.

Showing 2731-2745 of 3488