ForumsThe TavernSo this is the tavern...

3488 666619
joshua_setyantoro
joshua_setyantoro
12 posts
Scribe

Can I order beer here?

• 3,488 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Anyway, seeing as you got behind me *Turns around simultaneously performing a horizontal swipe with the sword* I now have to focus on close combat!

Woah!

*raises the portal shield and bashes it forward, trying to get Doom's sword and arm into the portal, and raises his axe to sever the arm*

Perfect for getting around any defence, this shield is ^^
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

*swipe is deflected off the side of the shield as the latter is pushed forward*

I don't see many ways for that little trick of yours to work honestly. Your shield will have to be in a very particular positioning compared to my sword, especially since I don't use many 'stabbing' moves. Unless if I am underestimating the portal's strength, in which case it would be very likely to start jamming other objects around the shield in it as well.

So, hmm, this gets me thinking...what are you trying to achieve here?

*Stabs the sword in the ground, charging it with fire*

Let's see if I can force you out of the defensive with THIS!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What I am trying to achieve? Not getting hit by fireballs any longer. What are you trying to achieve? Even if I can't make your sword disappear into the portal, it still serves as an impervious shield because physics. Whether your sword is ablaze or not, apart from looking cool, won't make much difference.

By the way, planting your sword in the ground in the middle of a combat is a very bad idea... *throws adamantium axe at Doombreed*

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Yeah. *coughs blood* I'm in.

*painstakingly gets back up from the floor*

It's a good thing this tavern is self-repairing. Saves a lot of money in the long run.

*grabs a bottle of whiskey* Cheers!

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Cheers!

Yeah, I've noticed the self-repairing enchantment. If not for it the tavern would have been busted an hour or two ago.

You know, I've been thinking.
*We sit down on the floor by the bar and the sounds of the battle seem much more quiet*
I've been thinking... Everybody is having fun in here, there's boose, brawls, medieval music... Moreover, I can't remember when I came here and why I am never leaving.

I've been thinking... Maybe this tavern IS the hall of Valghalla?
*dreamer's absent smile*

*Coughs badly, clasps shest*

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Nobody really knows the origins of the tavern anyway. What I can say is that it's a gateway to multiple universes.

*takes out two healing potions and passes one to mamibo*

Just so our injuries recover quicker. I really don't like being in pain.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

... WOW! *gets up* what happened? I think I drank too much wine, did I miss anything?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So stabbing your sword in the floor is a bad move? and throwing your weapon at your opponent isn't? Especially when said opponent can do THIS!?

*pulls sword from the ground creating a large volcano-like pillar of flame as the axe was headed my way. The adamantium is not even lightly scorched by the flames but the force sends the axe away from it's target, id est, Doom*

And now...you have no weapon xD

*glances at the axe lying a few feet back and jumps towards it, attempting to step on it and grab it.*

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Eh. I have a large arsenal XD

*calmly pulls out a javelin from his bag of holding while Doom is busy chasing the axe, and throws it after him*

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

*Drinks potion*
Is it just me or was it Georgian red semi-sweet mixed with human blood?

Never mind.
*Sighs with relief as wounds start healing and pain diminishes*

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

*also drinks potion which leads to my wounds getting healed*

You're probably imagining things. I'm not really tasting anything specific.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

*Reappears form the void known as the Magnus Chase series*
did i miss anything? sorry, Hammer of Thor took over my life for a few years there.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

That stranger said "hammer of Thor!"
This is certainly the Valhalla!
*Looks more than happy*
*Stands up, shouting:*
Whiskey for everyone!

*sees continuing fight*
Oh, yeah... later.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

No, Valhalla would be full of einherji. and it would be a hotel, not a tavern.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

More like a combined mead hall and training pit, I'd say. Which, I guess, is close enough to what this tavern is, if you squint the eyes a bit

Showing 3016-3030 of 3488