ForumsThe TavernArmor Games is testing chat + Messaging

20 10360
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Try it for yourself, it's on Clicker Heroes!

Let us know what you think.

• 20 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

If you can't find it, look for the "New" tab under the game.

http://i.imgur.com/J9rtRqs.jpg

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Please don't double post! No ,ok I was joking!

Anyway, the feedback...

Just like many people pointed out, it needs a mute button, even though if you are doing nothing else, the notifications are pretty neat.

I imagine if it becomes a thing it will be polished a bit, for a slick design

Also, many users may be online at the same time...won't it need different chat rooms? Otherwise it will move very fast for any actual replies to be read...

Aside from that, it may need some constant moderating... I am not sure if that is possible. but really it depends, on how you want it to function. Users can still report other users for spam and abuse, but I don't know if it will be actually re-viewed. The chat seems to be moving very fast, so, unless you can view the chat log from the time the report was filed, I don't know what else can be done

Anyway, it is an excellent idea and one I've always wanted to see implemented here. So great work, and thanks for it

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Doombreed Thanks for the feedback!

We're opening some new rooms right now. Everything flagged will be reviewed.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We've updated the forums, you now have a way to message other users on the forum. Look at the bottom right!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

What do you see when the chat list breaks?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Apparently a message appeared when I hovered over this thread from the Forums home page.

Did I actually do something wrong on the chat or was that suppose to be the message?

Edit: It only appeared when I hovered over this thread. I took it off for a sec and it was gone, I put it back on, it reappeared.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Wish that the chat would be available anywhere on the site. Like how facebook works. Also, perhaps only people who have added each other may chat with each other.

Edit: scratch the the idea that both people have added each so that they can chat with each other, it's already been implemented I think lol.

Otherwise this looks pretty cool

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Along with what I said in my last post, it also doesn't seem that the message appears when I click "See all notifications."

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It seems that besides Clicker Heroes, new chat rooms have been added.

The following are the new chat rooms: Moderators(Moderators only), The King of Towers, Wartune, SFH3, Dawn of the Dragons, Sushi Cat: StoryCraft World Creator, and the Tavern.

These are the chat rooms so far.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

When I have multiple tabs on the forums in IE, I can open the chat in one tab and get this on the other ones:
http://i.imgur.com/ilswbz6.png

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Wait...... You can chat with the mobile too.... (Mobile Chat) With this added, will there be individual chats in that future?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So because I've seen so many people ask or wonder about the icons, I'm going to explain what they mean.

A green dot means the user is online. That's kind of obvious.

A crescent moon means the user is idling(Not too sure on this but it seems likely.

And a black box that looks like a phone means that the user is using a mobile device.

There could be more icons I haven't seen yet.

gringok79
gringok79
1 posts
Blacksmith

dont workssssssssssssssss

dukec2
dukec2
2 posts
Blacksmith

Showing players name by avatar pic would be helpful. It is annoying having to mouse over their picture to see who is posting especially since many people have the same picture.

Or another method of differentiating people with the same avatar pic

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

@dukec2 :
Top border, far right corner symbol; select "Always Show Names" from the dropdown.

Showing 1-15 of 20