ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226277
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I know it looks like I specifically selected those powers to counter yours, but I swear this is all randomly chosen ^^

Heheh, it's alright man, I believe you we all get lucky sets sometimes. Even exceptionally lucky at times too.
Now to see what I get. Hopefully it'll be something good 'cause I don't see me countering yours without quite a bit of luck

Haemokinetic Constructs
I can create tools, weapons, objects and other things out of blood. Pretty neat honestly even if it's not the level I require

Salvation
I can save and restore souls from ****ation. I don't see many practical applications of that

Inflation
That's it. I am done -_- Even if it meant the stock exchange it would be more useful than this...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Technology Beam Emission
I can project beams of "technology". Apparently, technology in this context means hardware and machines, so I can throw around computer parts and robots, basically.
The example, Yokai's microbot beams, seem much more useful, though. Instead of throwing random blunt objects, I could throw a beam of self-replicating voracious nanobots. A bit like those in that alien movie with the spheres, what was it called...

Negative Touch
I can apply negative effects on objects/beings by touching them. It might be permanent; possibly one of the loneliest powers out there

Elemental Imprisonment
I can trap/bind objects/beings by imprisoning them in an elemental prison.

Today, I have potentially extremely versatile powers, depending on my abilities I guess. I can throw beams of various technological parts, apply various negative effects on things by touching them, and imprison things using various elements. That's rather neat.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Power Headbutt

I have a powerful headbutt. Unfortunately my skull could break.

Nigh Invulnerability

I'm basically immune to almost every attack. However I'm not immune to aging and absolute attacks, as well as any users who can bypass immunity.

Wound Memory

I can have anyone re-experience their wounds and pains. Depending on their injuries I could kill them, especially if I activate all of their previous wounds.

I have Nigh Invulnerability, a powerful headbutt, and I can cause people to remember their wounds. Well at least this isn't like @Doombreed 's set.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

@R2D21999 - You're like the final boss in a video game, which is pretty awesome! I imagine having to get you to charge at me and jump out of the way at the last second so that you slam your head into a wall, allowing me to attack. Anyway, let's see what I get today.

Telekinetic Combat

This is pretty cool--I can fight people using telekinetic powers. This is a particularly nice skill for a brain-in-a-vat.

Illusory Power Replication

Another mental ability. I can copy the powers of a user and even copy the user themselves. But it's only an illusion, so I don't think I can do any damage with this ability. I could only confuse people with this and make them think they're fighting themselves (or someone else in the room). It could be useful for misdirecting my opponents' attacks and setting up an escape if needed.

Planetary Beam Emission

I don't really understand this power, but it sounds really powerful. "The user can create and project beams of planetary energy/substances of variable size and range, capable of destroying large structures and/or areas and greatly damage anyone caught in the blast range." So, whatever it is I'm shooting, it can do some damage.

This is a nice set. I can fight people telekinetically or shoot a ridiculously powerful beam at them. And, if that isn't working out, then I can distract them long enough to escape. Neat!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Chocolate Attacks
A power taken directly from the Binding of Isaac. This seriously doesn't agree with me

Path Killer
Oooooh. This is new. I don't think I've seen anyone get that before It's a form of reality warping. I can kill 'possibilities', meaning to irreversibly remove methods to do things by literally destroying their path, that is, the sequence of actions and effects these possibilities entail. It also says:

"The effect of this power is often the result of some almost story breaking Plot Control (by rendering an all-powerful and irreversible entity useless, usually to create a plot twist), but skilled writers can script their characters to use it as a standalone power with varying strength and extent of applicability." So it ties in with my last great ability

I can have immortality by removing all paths that lead to one's death or death inducement by removing all paths that lead to one's life. I can Induce or remove curses by killing the various paths. I can remove entire possible futures completely. I can even manipulate physics and probabilities of almost anything. This is super cool! Only drawbacks are that "Path Makers" can recreate the paths that have been destroyed, plus it may have a long cooldown. Additionally, every possible application and most notably, limitation, is Omnilocked, so only omni powers can undo what has been done. By extension it also means I cannot affect entities under the effect of omni powers.

Ballistics Manipulation
I can manipulate trajectories of projectiles, internal workings of ranged weapons, motion, flight, behavior and even effect of projectiles or distance. Of course it's useless without an ammunition supply or some form of projectiles but that can be easily fixed anything is throw-able really xD

Aside from the first silly power, I actually got a great one and another one that's pretty neat this time. Maybe lady luck is beginning to return xD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Heat Breath
I can breathe out hot air... guess I could scorch your face if you get too close, but otherwise, meh.

Imp Physiology
Well, at the very least, it fits the first power. Eh.

Burning
Aw yeah. I can burn things to a crisp.

I am an imp with a hot breath and capable of burning things to ashes. I like the consistency of this set, even though the first two powers are almost rubbish (almost because the imp's fire immunity is very practical).

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

true Ha, your powers are very compatible with each other

Path To Victory

Oh my, another Path Power. These are great! I can ensure my success through a certain sequence of choices. Like the image says, "The world's a game and the user is a hacker" xD "The user merely has to pick their conceptual desire, and will find the series of steps required to attaining their path to the victory."

Applications include Path Killer and Probability manipulation, though I think, in reality, Path Killer is a greater power and this is a sub-power of it. One drawback is that users with power immunity or some other form of resistance may well, increase my chances of failure. However, hypothetically, I can add that condition to my scenario and that way construct a scenario which leads me to victory despite my opponent's resistance (because it will have already been calculated in my possibilities). The second drawback is that absolute impossibility of things makes them unattainable by this power. I cannot warp reality or make things appear out of thin air. Impossible things remain impossible. However, with enough time, in the constantly flowing universe, variables change and so I may find impossible things to be eventually possible through a sequence of actions

An example of this is the Felix Felicis potion in Harry Potter. Liquid Luck

I am a planning, calculating mastermind, expert at ensuring victory is mine. This power is great so I am leaving it here

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Causa Sui Physiology

I am a self-created being. Because I am self-created, I possess godlike powers. I am free from any being or law. This is a really OP power. Some of the applications include: Meta Transcendence, Conceptual Transcendence, Primordial Force Manipulation, Ultipotence, Superpower Manipulation, Absolute Will, Absolute Condition, Meta Power Manipulation, and Perfection. Obviously a cool power.

I'm going go stop with this one. Fight me, @Doombreed.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Quest Inducement
I'm a quest-giving person, lol. It says under limitations that I cannot manipulate the quest, just induce; but that is irrelevant as it says I can determine the length, hazards, beginning and end of the quest. So really, who needs quest manipulation if careful planning can handle it?

This one is a sort of weak version of Doom's path powers. Still very useful.

Demonic Metal Manipulation
Hell yeah! \m/ \m/

This is a combination of demonic force manipulation and metal manipulation, and includes applications from both powers.

Ionikinetic Constructs
The ability to create tools, weapons, appendages or constructs out of plasma. The article says "solidified plasma" but that's nonsense, even for science-fantasy, so.... lightsabers, wee!

-----

I am a quest-giver armed with a lightsaber and armoured in demonic metal from hell. I totally approve that combination ^^

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Oil Attacks - Using oil for various combat purposes.
Urban Manipulation - Having total dominion over one or more cities and apparently everything in them.
DNA Replication - Using copied DNA to transform into other things.

In summary, I can change into powerful creatures and use oil as some kind of projectile weapon to defeat weaker foes, and avoid dangerous ones by turning into something innocuous and disappearing into heavy traffic or a maze of back-alleys only I can navigate.

Or maybe just have them flung off a highrise, crushed between walls, or swallowed by the pavement.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Dimensional Exchange

I can basically "insert" one dimension into another. The only "users" I'm familiar with is Bill Cipher's Weirdmageddon and the crate from the Cat in the Hat Movie. So depending on what dimensions I bring into this one, I can do some serious damage.

Elemental Bomb Generation

I can turn elements and energies into bombs. Pretty nice I suppose.

Water Generation

I can create water. The list of applications is very small, with tidal wave generation and flood creation probably being the best ones. However, with my second power, I can cause the water to explode. So this is even better!

I can exchange dimensions, create water, and explode the water, along with any other elements. A nice little set.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Alien Dragon Physiology
I'm an alien dragon hybrid, apparently 'highly capable of intuition in nearly anything', 'vicious and are a force to be reckoned with', and 'advanced in their wits, high in their prowess'. The applications Scientific Prowess and Technomagic probably indicate the alien/space heritage. Neat!

Whip Generation
Self-explanatory.

Subterranean Mode
I can adopt a form perfectly fit for underground environments.

I am a technologically advanced space dragon that can create whips and morph into a subterranean form. Whips are pretty useless underground due to confined spaces, but the alien dragon physiology is pretty awesome.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Precognitive Artistry

I can predict the future through drawings. Man, I could make a living out of this. If only I could draw...

Magic Books

I can use magic books and obtain powers from them. However I need to have a magic book. Where would I find one of those?

Time Magic

Speaking of magic, I can use magic relating to time. This gives me Time Manipulation as well as Meta Time Manipulation. A power I can actually fight with without the need of an object!

I can predict the future through art, use magic through books, and be able to use Time magic. Interesting... these all relate in some way. I like it! I think this is the first set I had that was magic-focused.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Earth Blast
I can "release" "earth" on a specific target area. If I understood it correctly, this means hurling earth or stones which create a shockwave on impact?

Empathic Objects
I have a strong bond to a personal object that possesses powers depending on my personality and the object's nature, powers from which I can draw.

Fire Beam Emission
Finally a straight-forward power!

I am empowered by a personal object, can release earth and shoot fire beams.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Floortilting

I can change the direction of gravity. So basically, I could make me, as well as other things, stand on walls or ceilings instead of the floor. I think there's more to it than just what I'm understanding, but I like it!

Psychic Wave Manipulation

I can manipulate psychic waves. So I'm basically a psychic Pokemon. Nice!

Omnipotence Embodiment

Well uhhh... I guess I don't need the first two powers anymore.

Showing 571-585 of 685