ForumsForum GamesKill the King RPG

81 22917
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

KEEP IN MIND THAT ANYONE CAN DROP INTO THIS RPG AT ANY TIME. DON'T BE DISSUADED BY HOWEVER MANY PAGES IN WE ARE. THE MORE THE MERRIER!

Alright, so I like the idea of playing in an RPG, but I never have because I hate how complicated they are. Making a character sheet and all that always just seems like too much work to me...maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but just in case I'm not, I'm creating a simpler RPG where I, as the creator and narrator, have more control, and you, as the player, need only to worry about little things like combat and decision-making. I'd also like to make this unique (I think?) in that you have to learn many of the mechanics of the RPG on your own, so feel free to experiment with what you can do and how certain things work. Let's see how it goes, and feel free to provide feedback....

Darkness has descended across the land. In a stunning coup d'etat, a man named GhostOfNinja has seized the reins of power from the beloved, and now deceased, king. Since then, the feudal society has been turned on its head, with peasants, middle-class merchants, and even the lords of the various counties of the nation rendered helpless to the whims of the self-proclaimed god "GoN". Roll 1d4 and 1d20 to join the fray. You might also want to tell me your gender; I'll just take a wild guess if you don't.

-----------------------------------
REVEALED: Combat mechanics
Combat is turn-based, with the participant with the higher speed going first. Each turn, you attack for damage equal to your attack stat, which is subtracted from the defender's HP. Defending HP is equal to the defense stat. Each time a defender takes an attack, they roll a 1d4; a 4 dodges the attack completely, a 3 cushions the blow and halves the damage taken (rounded down), a 2 takes normal damage, and a 1 represents a critical hit, doubling the damage.

• 81 Replies
RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I'll take your test and prove me and me men's worth.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@Loop_Stratos

Your decision to provide rebellious peasants with free bread has left you strapped for cash; it's time to turn to a part-time job. Recently, you've seen a lot of flyers around advertising the need for a good bounty hunter...or you could always go with something safer, like an apprenticeship with a blacksmith or some other manufacturer. What job do you take?
Received 10 XP for surviving a day.
Received 1 XP for choosing a side.
XP: 38/30, Level Up to Level 2! For leveling up to Level 2, you may add 2 points, divided as you choose, to any of the categories of Attack, Defense, or Speed. New XP: 8/35

@Gogotank

"I cannot, Sir Gogo, for I do not know myself."
XP: 31/30, Level Up to Level 2! For leveling up to Level 2, you may add 2 points, divided as you choose, to any of the categories of Attack, Defense, or Speed. New XP: 1/35

@RazorLash

The hooded man sneers. "Just you. Your men are hopeless." He brings you to the edge of a forest, and takes a seat on the ground. "Inside this forest is a species of giant rabbit. As large as an adult man, carnivorous and very dangerous. Bring me the head of a rabbit by the end of the day." As you enter the forest, you wonder how to go about this task. CHOICES: Set a trap or Fnd and fight one or Propose your own solution
Received 1 XP for accepting the test.
XP: 21/35

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Ok. Kill a giant killer rabbit. .... best set a trap gives me the best odds I figure. I mutter to myself

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@RazorLash

But any good trap requires bait...and where are you going to get bait for a giant carnivorous rabbit with no money? You turn to walk back to the town. Might need to steal from another street vendor...How will you acquire the bait?
Received 1 XP for not being stupid.
XP: 22/35

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

Also, I just want to re-emphasize that anyone can drop into this at any time. Don't be dissuaded by the fact that we're 4 pages in. The more the merrier!

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Hmmm..... bait maybe I can trap a squirrel or something fir bait. No harm in trying.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@RazorLash

You decide to attempt to capture a squirrel for bait. Unfortunately, squirrels are cheeky little buggers, so it takes you the better part of the morning to finally capture one. Now you're lying in the undergrowth, waiting for a giant rabbit to take the bait, when you notice a bear shambling towards your trap. Unfortunately, you've attracted the wrong predator. CHOICES: Enter combat with the bear (bear base stats: 6/6/6) or Try to scare the bear off or Let the bear take the bait, forcing you to set up a new trap or Propose your own solution
Received 2 XP for setting up a trap.
XP: 24/35

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

The he!!I'm letting that take my bait. I think before ambushing the bear.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I take an apprenticeship to a blacksmith.

Also, Def and Spd.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

"Ok, thanks for telling me. I will go see the king now."

If I have a golden coin or something, I give it to him saying, "Here, take something for your hard work." I also increase Attack and Defence.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@RazorLash

The bear lumbers towards the trap you've set, then pauses, its nose twitching. At that instant, you ambush the bear from your spot in the undergrowth. CAUGHT BY SURPRISE: You take an extra turn to start combat.
Combat: You ( 5[+2] / 5[+2] / 7) vs Bear ( 6 / 6 / 6 )
You have higher speed, so you attack first for 7 base damage. Bear rolls a 1d4: Bear = 2

DICE RESULTS
2 = Bear
RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

(So is the bear dead? )

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

Dammit, I just lost all of my last edit of that post. I don't feel like typing it all again so here's an abridged version.

@RazorLash you killed the bear but now the rabbit has arrived and is going for the dead bear, not your trap. You need to decide whether to confront the rabbit, let it eat the bear, or propose your own solution. You gained 15 XP, leveling you up to level 3. You have 3 points to put in any category. New XP is 4/40.

@Loop_Stratos you work a day for the blacksmith and return to your bakery, only to find that there are three imperial soldiers outside it. You need to decide whether to go ask them why they're there, hide and watch, run away, or propose your own solution. New base stats are 10 +2 / 11 / 11. You received 5 XP for a day of work. New XP is 13/35.

@Gogotank you go see the king and he tells you you have a mission: Discover if there is a leader of the peasant rebellion, and eliminate him if there is. You need to decide whether to accept the order or reveal your true allegiances or propose your own solution. New base stats are 21 +12 / 21 +6 / 20. You received 1 XP for generosity. New XP is 2/35.

Sorry the writing is bad for this update, I'm really angry that I lost everything.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

2 in attack 1in speed.
Hmm.... maybe if I let it start eating I can still ambush it.
I let it start eating and try to sneak up and ambush it

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I confront them and ask why they're here.

(I would hide but causes more problems if spotted)

Showing 31-45 of 81