ForumsForum GamesKill the King RPG

81 22915
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

KEEP IN MIND THAT ANYONE CAN DROP INTO THIS RPG AT ANY TIME. DON'T BE DISSUADED BY HOWEVER MANY PAGES IN WE ARE. THE MORE THE MERRIER!

Alright, so I like the idea of playing in an RPG, but I never have because I hate how complicated they are. Making a character sheet and all that always just seems like too much work to me...maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but just in case I'm not, I'm creating a simpler RPG where I, as the creator and narrator, have more control, and you, as the player, need only to worry about little things like combat and decision-making. I'd also like to make this unique (I think?) in that you have to learn many of the mechanics of the RPG on your own, so feel free to experiment with what you can do and how certain things work. Let's see how it goes, and feel free to provide feedback....

Darkness has descended across the land. In a stunning coup d'etat, a man named GhostOfNinja has seized the reins of power from the beloved, and now deceased, king. Since then, the feudal society has been turned on its head, with peasants, middle-class merchants, and even the lords of the various counties of the nation rendered helpless to the whims of the self-proclaimed god "GoN". Roll 1d4 and 1d20 to join the fray. You might also want to tell me your gender; I'll just take a wild guess if you don't.

-----------------------------------
REVEALED: Combat mechanics
Combat is turn-based, with the participant with the higher speed going first. Each turn, you attack for damage equal to your attack stat, which is subtracted from the defender's HP. Defending HP is equal to the defense stat. Each time a defender takes an attack, they roll a 1d4; a 4 dodges the attack completely, a 3 cushions the blow and halves the damage taken (rounded down), a 2 takes normal damage, and a 1 represents a critical hit, doubling the damage.

• 81 Replies
Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

"I will go and search my king."

As I leave the throne room, I think to myself:

(If there is a leader, I will not kill him. Instead, I will help him. If there is not, I will go to the king and tell him that there is no leader and then see what he will say.)

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@RazorLash

Attack: 7 [+2]
Defense: 5 [+2]
Speed: 8
XP: 4/40

The rabbit begins devouring the bear. Slowly, you creep up behind it in the underbrush. The rabbit, completely invested in its prey, doesn't seem to notice. You attack without hesitation. CAUGHT BY SURPRISE: You take an extra turn to start combat.
Combat: You (7[+2] / 5[+2] / 8 ) vs Giant rabbit ( 3 / 10 / 15 )
Giant Rabbit has higher speed, but you get an extra turn due to surprise, meaning you attack first for 9 base damage. Giant rabbit rolls a 1d4: Rabbit = 3
Rabbit rolls a 3, cushioning the blow and halving the damage (rounded down). You deal 4 damage to Giant Rabbit's 10 HP, leaving Giant Rabbit at 6 HP.
Giant rabbit attacks next for 3 base damage. Roll a 1d4 for your defense.

DICE RESULTS
3 = Rabbit
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@Loop_Stratos

Attack: 10 [+2]
Defense: 11
Speed: 11
XP: 13/35

You walk up to the soldiers, a feeling of apprehension at the pit of your stomach. That feeling only intensifies when you realize that they are currently in the process of ransacking your bakery. You turn to run, but you're too late. One of the soldiers spots you. He grabs you by the back of the jacket and asks you gruffly: "Do you know who the owner of this bakery is? He's wanted for aiding the peasant rebellion." How do you respond?

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant
DICE RESULTS
3 = 1d4
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@Gogotank

Attack: 21 [+12]
Defense: 21 [+6]
Speed: 20
XP: 2/35

Your course of action decided, you exit the king's stronghold on horseback and debate where to go. The peasant rebellion so far seems very disorganized; if there even is a leader, you have no idea where you might go about finding one. Perhaps it might be best to consult with someone who knows a little more about the world than is natural...there is an oracle who lives high in the mountains to the east who you can consult. CHOICES: Travel to see the oracle or Search major cities by yourself or Propose your own solution

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

NOTE TO THE 3 CURRENT ACTIVE PLAYERS @RazorLash @Gogotank @Loop_Stratos:

To avoid more instances in which the website glitches and I lose an entire post, I have begun dividing up my updates into multiple posts, one for each player I am addressing. This may make it harder for you to find the last post that pertains to you, sorry about that.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@RazorLash

You roll a 3, cushioning the blow and halving the damage (rounded down). Giant Rabbit deals 1 damage to your 7 HP. leaving you at 6 HP.
You attack next for 9 base damage. Giant Rabbit rolls a 1d4: Rabbit = 2
Giant Rabbit rolls a 2, taking normal damage. You deal 9 damage to Giant Rabbit's 6 HP. Giant Rabbit dies.

Breathing slightly heavily and wincing at the minor blow the rabbit's claws have dealt you, you sit down for a minute to take a breather. After a suitable amount of time, you chop the rabbit's head off and carry it out of the forest. The hooded figure almost seems surprised when you reappear. "Good work," he says. Then he pauses. "For your first bounty, would you like a low, mid, or high profile target?"
Received 15 XP for dispatching low-level opponent.
XP: 19/40

DICE RESULTS
2 = Rabbit
RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I start low for now.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

"I don't know, sir." I say lying anyway.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

"The Oracle has helped the kingdom many times, maybe he can help me find the leader of the rebellion."

I start travelling to the east mountain.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@RazorLash

You've traveled to a city about five miles north of where your crew is waiting for you. You tried to bring them along, but the hooded man was adamant about their involvement, or lack thereof, in such a "delicate" mission. Not that you were given any equipment to make this mission at all delicate...you're going to have to kill the target in direct combat. But first things first, you need to figure out where the target is. You know he's in this small town; the hooded man told you as much. But where is he exactly? Fortunately, there are only a few buildings in the town to check, and he's supposed to be traveling alone. CHOICES: Go to the inn or Go to the eating establishment or Go to the market or Go to the jailhouse (It's 3:00 in the afternoon)
Received 10 XP for surviving a day.
XP: 29/40

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@Loop_Stratos

He puts you down and grunts. "Run along then. Big important things happening here." You walk away as quickly as possible without seeming suspicious, wondering what to do. You sleep on the upper floor of your bakery; you're now homeless just like all the displaced peasants in the country. Fortunately, as a merchant, you have a bit more money than the average peasant, but it's still not a good situation to be in. Then a peasant runs up to you. You recognize him; he's a member of the rebellion who you've been feeding lately. "So sorry about what happened," he says breathlessly. "But the rebellion can supply you with a bed to sleep in if you fight for us." Fight for the rebellion or Refuse or Propose your own solution

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

Forgot XP count for @Loop_Stratos
Received 10 XP for surviving a day
Received 1 XP for fooling a soldier
XP: 24/35

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

@Gogotank

You sigh as you stare up at a sheer wall blocking the path up the mountain. Why is it that oracles always have to live in locations that are so hard to get to? You know that there are wyverns that frequent the area. Perhaps you should try to find one and somehow make it give you a lift? CHOICES: Try climbing the wall (you would roll a 1d6: a 1 would mean you fall and die, anything else would mean you made it) or Look for a wyvern or Propose your own solution
Received 10 XP for surviving a day.
XP: 12/35

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Hmmm.... he could be at the inn or someone might've seen him.

Showing 46-60 of 81