ForumsForum GamesShrouds & Magic (RP)

153 38868
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Dear Student,
Welcome to the Alder-Kast School of Magical Research, even in these trying times we appreciate the commitment you have made in coming here. It is thanks to youth such as yourself that we have a future ahead of us and know that we all appreciate the sacrifices you have most graciously accepted to become a student of this prestigious school. Our time will be a happy and tragic one as we discover ourselves and each other before submitting to the war effort that keeps our strong nation alive. I have high expectations for you and I have no doubt that you will surpass every challenge with the help of our expert and experienced staff. I eagerly await your arrival!

Regards,
Sebastian Pyrrane, Head Magister

Welcome to Shrouds & Magic, as this is a role-play the content will primarily be story driven and story points will be revealed and developed as we continue. There will be character interactions between players so I ask that you respect anything that the other user posts, and if there are disagreements I will settle them. Once we have a few people I will be posting the initial environment for everyone. I hope to have lots of fun and interesting adventures together!
=====================
Character Sheet:
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Race- (Elves, Humans, or similar. I may also allow others, just ask)
Bio: (A description of your character's past, or lack of, and their general personality type. It can be as long or as short as you like)
Appearance: (How your character looks, pictures are welcomed)

If you think I should add anything, let me know and I will consider it

• 153 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack: Say'ri is in the main room unpacking her things, decorations and other memorabilia from home as you walk into the dorm. The dorm is the size of decent-sized house, with a spiral staircase leading up to a second level, and wide window overlooks the interior of the school. A full-sized kitchen also is contained with the dorm room which seems more like a higher-class apartment. She turns her head towards you as she pulls out a old, worn wooden clock and giggles in a short burst, before smiling with a sassy posture and look in her face "Well whoever is left will just have to pick up the slack." she says menacingly as Hurk and Aren enter the room, also bearing smiles "Glad to know you care." Hurk remarks right back. Say'ri smirks a little more as she places the old clock on a table, before walking over to the window, holding her arms together as she exhales "Quite the view.." she says quietly in a gleeful manner then she lowers her head slightly "I just hope I'm strong enough." she says softly, almost inaudible.

Eliakith: The lights re-ignite shortly and you see the student slumped against the wall coughing a little before struggling to get up and seems a little embarrassed as he rubs the back of his head, a uneasy smile on his lips "Ah..haha don't worry about it." he shyly says as he slowly bends down to pick up a few fragments of the disc "Well by combing a multitude of runes imbued with certain detect enchants and certain movement runes I was hoping to make a projectile that would be able to be thrown with great force and when it detonates, sap the user of all their mana but sadly.." he seems about to cry over his failure "I can never get it to function properly...." he places the fragments back on the workstation before walking up to you "My name is Ingram Vale, youngest rune-focused student to attend this academy." he says with a sudden sense of pride.

Gene: He nods with a understanding look "Well home is where your family is, right?" Desmond puts his hand on your shoulder, grabbing slightly "I'm sure time will get better, and if you succeed here..."he takes his hand off you and falls backwards onto the back of couch, his legs hang over the top while the rest of his body falls out of view. His hand raise and make a wide, grand motion "..you'll be set for life." he chuckles a little after saying it before rolling backwards onto his feet "So Gene, what is your dream?" he asks suddenly with a slight smirk.

Lowco: The man nods "Hmph, well take your time. This is a pivotal choice." he says critically before pushing the chair in, collecting his things "I will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning, you can reach me at my room at the Gilded Sea Inn." he gives a short bow "A pleasure speaking with you, Mr. Shark." before heading off. As he walks away, a man you have known for a long time walks over, you know him as Mr. Garn, a fisherman who used your abilities to help further his business with quite a respectable pay rate "So the day has finally come, huh Shark?" he calmly says

Red: The waitress waves goodbye, cheerfulness in her voice "Safe travels!." and you begin your journey once again, the sun is has just began its ascension and you hear the chirping of birds overhead but the road is unusually empty. It seems this story of an un-dead traveled quite quickly but a un-dead cannot exist without the will of a higher being. You see a bright object gleaming shortly up the road, the sun reflecting off of what must be metal. As you come closer you realize that is a fully plated warrior, carrying a large backpack with his face hidden within his helmet. He simply keeps moving forward, no weapons visible on his person.

Silver: You hear your mother call out as you leave the house, her back being turned facing the kitchen "Enjoy yourselves, be safe." she calmly says with a small laugh as you leave your home. Outside the village is going about its daily routine, a truly calm and peaceful scene and besides you Kalissa is smiling as she looks around, her hand squeezing slightly "I never thought I would miss it here sometimes but now that you're coming back with me, It will be just like old times." she says happily

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Oh look one that looked like the one I just ate, how fantastic, was worried that I'd have to pick up the slack!" I say with a hearty laugh. I look around, "This place is bigger then my house... How odd..." I say as I move over to stand beside her, just after what she says last I gently place my hand on her shoulder, "You are." I whisper, keeping my hand in place for a moment before heading toward the staircase. "Now, which room do you want?" I say nearing the banister, first one up gets to pick?" I say looking back with a sly grin on my face.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I attempt to pass by, but keep my distance from this strange traveler.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Yes mom!" I yell back. walking out of the house.
I squeeze her hand back, "Yea, gonna miss this place, but I would rather be with you at the School then without you here." I smile into her eyes, taking in her beauty. "Just like old times."

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

"Greetings Vale of Ingram. Sadly, I am keeping my guide waiting, so I should be going. Farewell, and I pray we meet again!" I say, before I take my leave and head to the courtyard to find Jaryl. Back in Runeterra, it is shameful to leave a superior without proper goodbyes, but I never cared extremely about the intense formalities of my people. Might be one of the reasons my old teachers heated my guts. Also maybe one of the reasons I find dwarves to be good company, considering the less than formal nature of the lot.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: She doesn't say anything in response to what you whispered to her, but you get the sense she took it to heart and looks back as you once you reach the banister with a small smile, a look of determination in her eyes "How about ladies' first?" she declares before making a move for the staircase slightly bumping into you as she quickly climbs up the staircase to the upper level, which comprises of four rooms along a single corridor which ends in a sort of library area with another large window except on the ceiling giving way to the open sky. Say'ri happily takes the first room on the right "I pick this one!" she gleefully exclaims before opening the door upon which she practically squeals "It's so cool!" she enters the room, which again appears larger than the outside dimensions would suggest meaning some kind of magic was at work. You can hear her fall onto the bed "The bed is so comfy as well.." she begins to get out before letting out a cute, little yawn. Since the second level overlooks the living room, you see the guards unpacking Say'ri's belongings, including the food that especially pack for her.

Red: You manage to make it past the armored man who doesn't even acknowledge you passing him, he just seems to stare forever into the horizon with his hands on the straps of his pack "You headed somewhere?" he finally speaks, his voice deep and raspy, after you move ahead of him a bit. He slowly makes his way back next to you, just looking straight ahead.

Silver: She giggles a little with a small smile "That's sweet..." she says before your eyes connect, in the time since you last saw her she had definitely grown as woman, her body also seemed to be well exercised "Yeah.." she says before looking away sharply, a blush filling her cheeks as she begins to pull you along as she begins to walk in the direction of the tavern where she always ate her favorite dish, scrambled eggs with a side of bacon and toast, she always liked breakfast food since it fit her morning type of personality "So I wonder if Chef Hans is still cooking the food." she changes the subject, appearing to completely disregard that little moment you just shared. Kalissa was always closed off towards boys, due to her beauty she was frequently approached but she just ignored them the best she could. You were the first and only guy she is friends with, and confided in when she was feeling low. When she left, it was your shoulder she cried on about how much she would miss all of you and for a moment it seemed there she might of been ready to say something but she just walked away. Now the two of you are going to the same school where you can pick up where it was left off.

Eliakith: He smiles before waving bye "You got it." he says happily as he cleans up as you leave. Upon exiting the building, you notice Devenar has left and the atrium is silent. You find Jaryl sitting underneath a cherry blossom tree in full bloom, a little out of season, and reading a small book which appears to be hand-written notes. He stands up after hearing you approach, tucking the small black leather book inside of his robe "Well did you satisfy your curiosity?" he asks in a friendly tone.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

"I did! Sorry to leave you waiting, I'm..." I scratch the back of my head,"not the best at farewells. Anyway, where should I be heading to next? As far as I can tell I need to wait for a while until they get to my application, correct?"

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I smile as I say "I think so, but I don't eat outside of the house often enough any more to remember." deciding to just to commit that moment to Memory and savor it for now and not bring it up. I walk with her into the tavern still holding her hand thinking Dang I love her., I look around for the Chef.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Hahaha m'lady how could I not agree with ladies first." I say trudging after her laughing. My oh my she is cute. Almost like a puppy. I laugh harder at that thought. I look through the other rooms seeing which one could give me easiest access to the roof. "All these rooms are bigger then I thought they would be." I exclaim to nobody in particular, after finding my room I call out, "This ones mine." I lightly scratch a transmutation circle into the inside of the door. "That'll do nicely." I say to myself with a smile before heading down to the guards again, "What's all that food for?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Eliakith: He chuckles lightly, a quick smile flashing on his lips "It's quite alright, I enjoyed the brief read." he says in a laid-back manner before shrugging "Well you have free range of the majority of campus grounds, I;m sure though if we stop by the dorms we can find you a room." he lightly strokes his chin. The grounds are slowly becoming scarce of students as the sky forms shades of pink, orange, and blue bringing encroaching darkness. Luckily every building is marked with the specifics of its purpose.

Silver: As you as you enter you hear the rugged voice that can only be Hans "Eh! Look who it is! Little Kalissa haha!" he heartily says, his voice loud and friendly as he steps out from the kitchen to greet the two of you personally with a wide grin on his face "Finally got together, did ya?" to which Kaliss deeply blushes "N-no it's not...we're not 'together'" she blurts out nervously, still holding your hand, but it serves nothing to lessen Hans's smile "Well you to sit down and I'll make your usual" he nods before heading back into the kitchen. The rest of the tavern briefly looked all at you which caused Kalissa already rosy cheeks to finally turn the brightest they could get before the patrons returned to what they were doing. Slowly she slipped her hand out of yours as she moved towards the old table where you would always sit, corner right by the window where you could speak without interruption.

JACK: Hurk heaves a large box onto the kitchen's island countertop "Well these would be her ingredients. Say'ri prefers to cook her own meals." he mentions while his cohort begins to put items into the ice-box "She is a great cook, make me hungry just thinking about it.." he says just as his stomach rumbles loudly "Ah haha" he shamefully says as he walks over to the counter, unpacking various utensils "Tastes just like the food her mom used to make for us growing up." he says in remembrance while Hurk nods in response "Who knows, maybe we'll just a surprise dinner tonight " he laughs hopefully with a smile

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"She cooks?" I look toward the stairs, "You know what I don't doubt it, though, I cook myself too, we'll have to share who cooks, sounds like I'll have competition in the kitchen." I say with a wild grin, "This'll be interesting. Right, while she's upstairs, what's the story with guard duty? Do you take it in turns during the night or what? I can put some defensive spells on the doors and windows if you think that'll help, was planning on doing it anyway, but if yer doing it then I don't want our magic to interfere with the others." I say seriously.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I blush as well at Hans's comment, I walk over with her, my hand unconsciously staying in the position of if I was still holding her hand.
"Sorry about that... I probably should have stopped... you know, before coming in." I say rubbing the back of my head while sitting down, "And now everyone will think we are together, I hate how fast news travels here." Dropping my hand, my head a little and going into a silence.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: Aren nods as he unpacks the last of the groceries "That would be the best course of action, we don't know what kind of trouble we'll get here." he casually says, turning around to face you leaning against the kitchen counter while Hurk takes off his helmet, his blonde hair falling around his shoulders, a scar stretching from his cheek towards the back of his head "I just hope we won't need them, well in any case you have our trust." he gives you a approving smile just as Say'ri make it down the stairs, her shoes already kicked off "This place is great, almost as nice as home." she says happily

Silver: She gives a small, nervous smile "Well that's a small town for you..." she says softly and the awkwardness is thick between you two before she breaks the silence, her facing slightly to the right, her eyes looking down "I-Is that such a bad thing?" she asks quietly, her hand gripping her upper arm as her blush remains, the question asked in a nervous manner.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Thanks, I'll get on that right away." I say with a wink and a smile, "I heard you like to cook, seems we have something in common. Also sounds like we'll be fighting for territory too." I say with an easy laugh. "It's better then my house, better then every house in my town." I say smiling again.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I say nervously "Only if it's a lie... But it doesn't have to be..." Looking up at her with a hopeful expression, my hands in my lap gripping each other to the point of turning white, a blush rising to my own cheeks.

Showing 91-105 of 153