ForumsForum GamesShrouds & Magic (RP)

153 38865
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Dear Student,
Welcome to the Alder-Kast School of Magical Research, even in these trying times we appreciate the commitment you have made in coming here. It is thanks to youth such as yourself that we have a future ahead of us and know that we all appreciate the sacrifices you have most graciously accepted to become a student of this prestigious school. Our time will be a happy and tragic one as we discover ourselves and each other before submitting to the war effort that keeps our strong nation alive. I have high expectations for you and I have no doubt that you will surpass every challenge with the help of our expert and experienced staff. I eagerly await your arrival!

Regards,
Sebastian Pyrrane, Head Magister

Welcome to Shrouds & Magic, as this is a role-play the content will primarily be story driven and story points will be revealed and developed as we continue. There will be character interactions between players so I ask that you respect anything that the other user posts, and if there are disagreements I will settle them. Once we have a few people I will be posting the initial environment for everyone. I hope to have lots of fun and interesting adventures together!
=====================
Character Sheet:
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Race- (Elves, Humans, or similar. I may also allow others, just ask)
Bio: (A description of your character's past, or lack of, and their general personality type. It can be as long or as short as you like)
Appearance: (How your character looks, pictures are welcomed)

If you think I should add anything, let me know and I will consider it

• 153 Replies
silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Bump.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone, I realize that I left for awhile without any mention and I want to apologize for it. If any of you still want to continue, I will be checking more regularly however I might only be able to post every so often with finals coming up.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Yes! I would love to continue!

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I would like to continue. Maybe you could @ summon the rest of the members of this thread.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I also. I enjoy your rp's.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Thanks everyone, I might give it till the end of today to see if anyone else wants to join back up.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

I would like to try it out if that's ok

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

That's fine, just make fill out a character sheet and I will be able to post in about 2 hours.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Name-Zexed
Age-23ish
Gender-male
Race- human
Bio: Doesn't remember anything about his past beyond the last year except his name. The last thing he remembers is waking up just outside the town where the school is located. He started working for a smith in the town, where he learned that he had an affinity for Fire magic after not getting burned when the furnace fires flared up in his face. He has since been going to the school to master the element of Fire.
Appearance: 6'3", well fit due to his work at the smithy, weighs about 230lbs, black hair, blue eyes, wears plain clothes, and generally carries shortsword that he crafted himself in the smithy.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack
Say'ri lips curved into a half-smirk and nods as you explain your tastes and when you're finished she emits a soft friendly laugh "That's a pretty a pretty wide range of taste you have. I personally prefer food with a bit of...fire." She puts a few fresh peppers and other spices "My mother used to make me this dish where she would let a few pieces of chicken soak in a special mixture of herbs and peppers so that the spice would sink into the meat. After that was done, she would grill it using enchanted charcoal. I can never remember all the steps she took to make it but it was the best thing I ever have tasted." She spoke closing her eyes for a moment while she remembered and let out a satisfied sigh "Well as for those two knuckleheads over there, Aren likes chicken pot pie with a bit of brown sugar, says it reminds him of home. Hurk likes ribs with honey barbecue." She looked over at the guards who had began strapping off their armor.
Silver
Hans nods and simply smiles "Well I have other customers to attend too, glad seeing you kids again." he calmly says before heading back to the kitchen. Kalissa sweetly smiles back at Hans before he leaves and then turns her gaze back to you and nods "You're were always there for me." she says a little softly, her blush turning as red as the outfit she wore. Quietly, her hand rose to grip a spoon in order to eat the hearty soup in front of her.
Red
"It is the nature of all things to evolve. It was not always the school it is now, it was once both a place for dangerous, taboo experiments and training ground for the most vicious fighters to ever fight in the war and partly the reason it has remained a sovereign state for so long." he explains, a bit of contempt showing in his grizzled features. Shortly after this, the forest begins to clear and just in the distance you spot a large city surrounded by tall mountains, a fortress-like structure at its core "Here we are."

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Wookie
You were lucky enough to leave on good terms with the head-smith, in fact he helped supply you with basic goods for your training and wished you luck. Today's classes had gone as usual, Dr. Din of course spewed his normal lecture about the history of fire and added his typical rant about why it was superior to most elements. As the day turns into night, the ceremony of new students closes and with it most of the departments. You are outside in the court of flames, a garden with fire-like foliage, when you spot a mysterious figure in a black cloak quickly move towards the building you had just left, your roommate, Allen Drask, notices it as well.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

"What do you think, should we follow or ignore?" I ask him

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Hahahaha spice, darling you haven't tasted spice until you've tasted my mothers cooking, heh, I'd be surprised if you could feel your face once you had finished the meal. I remember once an army man came to our house, he was asking for food as the battalion themselves hadn't much, apparently they lost their supply, and my mother looked at him and said, "Sir, I don't think you can even eat what we are having tonight." The soldier took it as a challenge rather then the warning it was and made a wager with my mother, saying that if he could finish the bowl in front of her then she would help cook for the night, and if he lost then he would have to clean up the mess hall and our own plates. Hehe I've never seen a man turn so red so quickly!" I exclaim with a laugh, "Eh-heh-heh, he was busy that night cleaning." I look to the two men and shrug simply saying, "If that's what home tastes like then I'm happy to cook it for him, there isn't anything better then feeling like you are at home. Honey barbecue eh? You rather them on the bone or pulled?" I ask quizzically.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I look at the city, glad my journey is finally almost over. "Well, thanks for the information about the school" I tell the man.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

*UPDATE* Finals are finally over so I will able to post regularly

Wookie
Your roommate being as brash and wild as the fire he wielded smirked "Creepy looking guy sneaking around? He's up to something." Allen spoke with eagerness. Students were often rewarded for completing deeds or quests and this might be a good chance for recognition. The figure disappears into the building as you two speak. Allen used fire as more as a buff to his already physically fit form and preferred a sword to a wand or staff.

JACK
Say'ri laughed pretty good after your story, her lips smiling the entire time "I think you would be surprised at what I can handle." she replied fiercely. Hurk turns his head towards you from his position on the couch "On the bone please, it adds to the meal" he laughs lightly as he pulls a pack of cards from one of his pockets and begins to shuffle. Say'ri begins to start dicing some of the vegetables, her hands moving swiftly and with precision "Have you ever traveled anywhere far from home?" she asks casually

Red
He nods downwards "Anytime, if you are ever in trouble just come find me." he gently smiles. The sun is setting over the mountains casting a shadow on the valley which causes the sounds of insects and other creatures to fill the empty air "You better hurry, I wouldn't want to be locked out." he advises.

Showing 121-135 of 153