ForumsForum GamesShrouds & Magic (RP)

153 38867
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Dear Student,
Welcome to the Alder-Kast School of Magical Research, even in these trying times we appreciate the commitment you have made in coming here. It is thanks to youth such as yourself that we have a future ahead of us and know that we all appreciate the sacrifices you have most graciously accepted to become a student of this prestigious school. Our time will be a happy and tragic one as we discover ourselves and each other before submitting to the war effort that keeps our strong nation alive. I have high expectations for you and I have no doubt that you will surpass every challenge with the help of our expert and experienced staff. I eagerly await your arrival!

Regards,
Sebastian Pyrrane, Head Magister

Welcome to Shrouds & Magic, as this is a role-play the content will primarily be story driven and story points will be revealed and developed as we continue. There will be character interactions between players so I ask that you respect anything that the other user posts, and if there are disagreements I will settle them. Once we have a few people I will be posting the initial environment for everyone. I hope to have lots of fun and interesting adventures together!
=====================
Character Sheet:
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Race- (Elves, Humans, or similar. I may also allow others, just ask)
Bio: (A description of your character's past, or lack of, and their general personality type. It can be as long or as short as you like)
Appearance: (How your character looks, pictures are welcomed)

If you think I should add anything, let me know and I will consider it

• 153 Replies
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

"A room would be nice! I don't have many belongings, so I take pride in the places I belong to. By the way, thank you much ,Jaryl of Stormrend, for showing me around, but might I ask... what do you major in?" For a second I began to think about meeting others of my race here, but I quickly dismissed the idea, considering that my race holds little respect for establishments outside it. The runes on the building must have been from a time before we closed our borders. Quickly, I thought up a substitute question.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

"I'm headed to the Alser-Kast School of Magical Research." I say uneasily to the man beside me. "What about you?" I say.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK:She gives a playful glare, with a wide smirk as she calmly says "Well you better prepare for total warfare the likes you never seen." she laughs like a menacing villain before giggling at herself before your last comment "I should show you my estate sometime." she says with a smile back as she walks past you into the kitchen area, bumping into your shoulder slightly "If you like to cook, how about you help me with dinner?" she challenges you, putting her palms on the island counter, looking towards you with fierceness.

Silver: She nods with a widening smile, the blush still ever present in her cheeks as if some permanent stain "W-what are you saying, Akihito?" she nervously asks, this time it is Kalissa looking back into your eyes with a hopefully curious look in them and you notice her glasses slightly shifted out of place.

Eliakith: Jaryl nods with a friendly smile "It's been a interesting time, I enjoy showing the newer students around. Currently I am looking to be certified in teaching basic magic instruction to children so that I can help them control the power they have. We should get to the dorms if you don't have any more questions." he casual says, and without waiting for further conversation begins to make his way to the residential area of the school, the brightest place in terms of lighting.

Red: "Hmm, I guess that makes you an acolyte..." he simply says as he finally looks down at you, his head still straight forward "I am traveling there as well, an old friend is waiting" he says without any indication of his meaning.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"What made you think I'm unprepared? A chef is always prepared for a dinner royal! Though I doubt you've been challenged by the likes of me."a wicked smile crossing my face, it easing to a more playful one, "Well then you'll have to invite me over to your mansion, would hardly be fitting if I just arrived unannounced, the guards wouldn't know what to do with me!" I say laughing out loud, as she bumps me I ease my shoulder out of the way slightly, I turn around and plant my own palms on the island, brining our eyes level, "I would be delighted to help you with such things!" I say my wild smile returning, attempting to match her fierceness.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

"Okay then" I say. I decide to ask the stranger two more questions. "Have you been there before? What's it like?"

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

"I believe you would make a fantastic teacher. So, how much do the dorm rooms cost by month? Or is it included in tuition? I want to whether I can survive off of the charms I've been selling as I travel, or if I need to find an actual job."

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

Looking at her with a nervous smile I say "I don't quite know, but I think what I am trying to say is... that we could be... together..." My face turning red.

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

"Well," I say as I, too, grab a seat, "I have always dreamed of having formal magical training. Everything I learned has pretty much been from books, tomes. I'd say I'm a collector. A lot of the tomes I've obtained are about defensive block magic and wards. I'm eager to learn some offensive spells as well. How 'bout you? What are your dreams and aspirations?"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

JACK: Say'ri smiles with delight "Let's get started then." she says with determination, a cheerful tone hinted in her voice as she pulls a kitchen apron, adorned with a flowery design, from one of the drawers and ties it around her back with a strong pull to tighten the knot "We'll be making our favorite food tonight sooo, what's yours?" she asks curiously as she begins to pull out various utensils, a mixing bowl, pan, and a cutting board with agility and speed, before taking out almost every known vegetable you could find.

Red: He speaks almost immediately after you propose your questions "It is a wondrous area with its own unique culture and shape. The surrounding mountains protect it from armies and the farms sustain the ever-growing population. Ground-breaking research and discoveries have been made at the school but it also has its share of a dark history." he ends his brief summary.

Eliakith: Jaryl shakes his head "As part of becoming a certified mage here, you are required to do jobs for the school. It can be as simple as curing a town of a small disease or as dangerous as killing a feral dragon. Each job pays differently and you take in a bit of the money as well." he explains further that usually newer students are formed into teams by a year-older student as he walks you towards the dorm building's front door "Here we are, I wish you the best of luck. Just head inside and the woman at the front desk will direct you from there." he says with a friendly smile as he holds out his hand for a handshake.

Silver: There is a pause for a moment, an apparent look of shock in Kalissa's face before a bright smile breaks the silence "Really?! " she excitedly asks, the color from her cheek fading slowly "I-I always hoped you would ask me..." she nervously says, her hands placed on her knees. A delicous aroma begins to fill the air around the two of you and you notice Hans carrying two plates containing the food you and Kalissa would always eat here together "How are we two love-birds making out, hmm?" he says in his usual joyful manner as he sets the two plate in front of the both of you.

Gene: Desmond relaxes into the soft cushions of the couch, placing his hands behind his head as he looks out the living room's window with a more serious look in his features than before "I always wanted to find out where I came from, I was orphaned and practically died before getting so much as a chance to live my life. Since then, It's been my dream to uncover the mysteries of this world and protect the lives of innocent lives everywhere, whether they be human, demon, seraphim, elves, or otherwise peaceful creatures..." he laughs slighlty "Pretty ambitious and crazy, huh?" he asks in a half-joking manner.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I smile with my teeth showing, "Darling I can be a very simple cook, I would have to say, a carbonara, but not a regular one, just a little altered, or I could be a little more complicated, like a lobster dish with a side of venison with spices, veg, and buttered potatoes, I could go native but they don't grow the plants I would need in this lovely country nor do they have the animals. What about you then? What do you enjoy?" I ask with raised eyebrows.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I Blush at her response "...You did?..." and as Hans comes over I regain enough mental control to say "No comment." straight-faced in response. Waiting for him to leave before I continue the conversation.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I reach out and complete the gesture. It's not a normal gesture of my country, but I learned it in my wandering. "Thank you Jaryl of Stormrend, you have been a great help." I reach into the pocket on the inside of my robes and pull out a communication rune, etched a little better than most of mine. "I'm sure you recognize it, but it's a communications rune. They normally last me a year after I link them." I say as I connect the one I'm giving him with the one I have on my neck. It already has 2 links: one to the nearest inn, and the other to a dwarf companion of mine. "Anything else I need to know before next morning?"

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

"Dark history?" I say, interested.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Hope I can still join.

Name- Nivlac
Age- 24
Gender- Male
Race- Human
Bio: Nivlac's father was a druid but his mother was an aquamancer. Nivlac decided to become a druid because he liked the idea of shapeshifting.
Appearance: Short, brown hair, light skin, 5"11, slim build.

Lowco1
Lowco1
1,035 posts
Nomad

I reply," What do you want."

Showing 106-120 of 153