ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? SEASON 2 | Is Over!

161 66481
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

In Season 2, things will be the same but different! Are you ready to Gantic?

ROSTER
3/4 pi Hectichermit
03 gringrant
03 TheMostManlyMan
05 Saphire24
07 cobbcannon3423
10 R2D21999
19 StormWalker
20 Doombreed
20 Lowco1
22 Miraidematro
e^π FishPreferred
25 Darkfire45
27 trigon123
42 09hilj
2003 devansh_asthana
2378 jcwgames
1000000 GhostOfMatrix
c² philimaster
∞ akshobhya
∞ red303

ELIMINATED
X Gogotank
_____
[Season 1]

• 161 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

ROUND 3

ROUND 3 is a poetic round. Analyse Gantic's mind and create a poem that he would want at the moment.

You will have to write a 4 line poem to the The Great White One that should suit his mood at the moment. Rhyming ones may fetch more..... The Gantestants will have to write the poem keeping Gantic's mind in mind and write a befitting poem attributed to the Great One.

10 Gantic Points will be awarded for writing a befitting poem to The Great White One.
20 Gantic Points will be awarded for writing a rhyming poem with a secret message.
20 Gantic Points will be awarded to the person who decodes another person's secret message correctly. (No cheating here. Cheaters will find something wrong in their total score at the end of the round.)
50 Gantic Points will be awarded for finding out what lines The Great White One wants at that moment
No Gantic Points will be awarded for writing irrelevant poems.

A maximum of 150 Gantic Points can be earned this round..... Wait a second.... Everything should add upto 100. But, The Great White One may award bonus(es) for delighting the The Great White One's mind and mood!.

The Gantestant(s) with the lowest score this round will be eliminated.

The Gantestants have one week to write the poem and a Gantestant may not change his/her poem after he/she has submitted it.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Scores have been corrected.

gringrant
gringrant
40 posts
Nomad

ROUND 3
ROUND 3 is a creative round related to "How Gantic Are You?". Create ROUND 4.

You may reference Season 1 to help you complete this round.

10 Gantic Points will be awarded for proper formatting.
10 Gantic Points will be awarded for proper scoring.
30 Gantic Points will be awarded for something that I would actually do.
150 Gantic Points will be awarded for the chosen submission.
No credit will be awarded for including bonus points.
No credit will be awarded for including a questions round.

A maximum of 200 Gantic Points can be earned. The Gantestant(s) who score(s) 0 will be eliminated.

However, if your submission is chosen, you will not participate in the next round and skip to ROUND 5.

You have one week to submit your entry. You may not change it after you submit it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Round 3
Round 3 is about rolling dice. Choose the correct type and the amount of dice.

30 Gantic points will be awarded for the right type of dice.
30 Gantic points will be awarded for the right amount of dice.
An additional 10 Gantic Points will be awarded for each time a 1 is rolled.

A maximum of 60 Gantic Points can be won, not including every 10 Gantic Points awarded from having a 1 included.

You have one week to submit your roll. You may not reroll after you have submitted.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

Round 3
ROUND 3 is a humor round. Submit the most humorous title to "Click Bait" you can think of. The winning title will not feature in the thread.

80 Gantic Points will be awarded to the most humorous.
70 Gantic Points will be awarded to the second.
and so on down to
10 Gantic Points will be awarded for the last.
10 Gantic Points will be awarded for a link to today.

No credit will be awarded for using a title that was already used.
No credit will be awarded for using a title that is close to something that was already used.

A maximum of 90 Gantic Points can be earned this round.The Gantestant(s) with the lowest score(s) may be eliminated.

You have one week to complete this. You may change your submission at any time before the final submission date.

Miraidematro
Miraidematro
738 posts
Blacksmith

ROUND 3
ROUND 3 is a writing round related to verse (as opposed to prose). Submit two lines of verse that would fit into the poem "computer illiterate"

10 Gantic Points will be awarded for a correct submission.
No credit will be awarded for re-using a line.
No credit will be awarded for going 'out of character'
25 Bonus Points will be awarded for keeping with the sense of humor.
150 Bonus Points will be awarded for making me laugh.

A maximum of 185 Gantic Points can be earned this round. The Gantestant with the lowest points scored this round may be eliminated. You have one week to submit your two lines. You may not change it after you submit it.

The following are verses from "computer illiterate":

"I know it's the rage but I haven't caught on
I can't seem to get it. what the hell is .com?

I consider myself an intelligent female
but won't someone tell me how do I get my e-mail?

I've heard all the jargon but my brain is like wax
I need some assistance. How do I send a fax?

I've been told to quit trying and I just might consider it
My mouse even says I'm computer illiterate!"

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

ROUND 3
ROUND 3 is a drawing round. Submit your best portrayal of The White Rabbit.

20 Gantic Points will be awarded for a proper submission.
40 Gantic Points will be awarded for using my favorite color.
60 Gantic Points will be awarded for abstract imagery.
80 Gantic Points will be awarded for the chosen submission.

A maximum of 200 Gantic Points can be earned. The Gantestant(s) with the lowest score(s) will be eliminated.

You have one week to submit your entry. You may not change it after you submit it.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

ROUND 3
ROUND 3 is a creative round. In 250 words, write a short essay comparing The White Rabbit to any fictional character of your choosing. Be sure to back up your claim with evidence and at least one quote. Use complete sentences.

10 Gantic Points will be awarded for proper grammar and spelling.
10 Gantic Points will be awarded for comparing to Gantic's favorite character.
20 Gantic Points will be awarded for correct length.
40 Gantic Points will be awarded gratuitously, based on personal preference.
20 Gantic Points will be awarded for using the secret word.

100 total Gantic Points can be earned. The Gantestant(s) who score(s) the least Gantic Points will be eliminated.

You have one week to compose your essay. You may not change it after you submit.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

I take it the remaining four forgot all about this?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This will be judged later today or tomorrow.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

SCORING
@09philj +5 +5 +0 +0 = +10
First two ROUNDs are in CAPS. # Gantic Points is bolded and it comes after the objective. The time limit is also bolded. The point total is kind of low here and I wouldn't do ciphers for How Gantic Are You because anyone with a solver can do it. You don't need to be Gantic.
@FishPreferred +10 +10 +0 +0 =+20
I won't do ciphers. I'll do gibberish, but I won't do ciphers.
@red303 +0 +0 +0 +0 = +0
I won't repeat a round word for word. 0 all across for not coming up with it yourself.
@philimaster +5 +10 +0 +0 = +15
First two ROUNDs are in CAPS. # Gantic Points is bolded. Time limit is bolded. I don't even know what Mornington Crescent is.
@akshobhya +10 +5 +30 +150 = +195
Heck yeah! But your total points are a litle low.
@gringrant +5 +10 +0 +0 = +15
Missing some bold in the ROUND 3 title, # Gantic Points, and the time limit. I also won't repeat the same kind of creative round.
@R2D21999 +5 +5 +0 +0 = +10
First two ROUNDs are in CAPS. Possibles are low for something where no one might earn any points.
@Saphire24 +5 +5 +30 +0 = +40
First two ROUNDs are in CAPS. Why is the max 90? The Standings has 15 users before the end of this round. Will half the users be cut?
@Miraidematro +10 +10 +30 +0 = +50
This one is cribbed from a previous round, but it is something I might have done had I had a verse that was floating around. That said, I wouldn't write those verses in the examples, because it has the cadence of a cheesy 90's educational rap.
@GhostOfMatrix +10 +5 +15 +0 = +30
I would not outright ask for abstract imagery. It would be secret bonus points.
@StormWalker +5 +10 +0 +0 = +15
Bold # Gantic Points and time limit. No. I'm not reading 10+ papers. I don't want to read essays unless there's like <5 Gantestants left.

STANDINGS
00235 akshobhya
00080 FishPreferred
00060 Miraidematro
00060 Saphire24
00040 red303
00040 GhostOfMatrix
00035 gringrant
00035 StormWalker
00035 philimaster
00030 R2D21999
00020 09hilj

00040 Darkfire45
00013 trigon123
-3/4 pi Hectichermit
-00003 TheMostManlyMan
-00007 cobbcannon3423
-00020 Doombreed
-00020 Lowco1
- 02358 jcwgames
- 01993 devansh_asthana

Darkfire45, trigon123, jcwgames, and devansh_asthana are eliminated for non-participation.

Guess what ROUND 3 is?

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

The next Round is going to be -

ROUND 3

ROUND 3 is a poetic round. Analyse Gantic's mind and create a poem that he would want at the moment.

You will have to write a 4 line poem to the The Great White One that should suit his mood at the moment. Rhyming ones may fetch more..... The Gantestants will have to write the poem keeping Gantic's mind in mind and write a befitting poem attributed to the Great One.

10 Gantic Points will be awarded for writing a befitting poem to The Great White One.
20 Gantic Points will be awarded for writing a rhyming poem with a secret message.
20 Gantic Points will be awarded to the person who decodes another person's secret message correctly. (No cheating here. Cheaters will find something wrong in their total score at the end of the round.)
50 Gantic Points will be awarded for finding out what lines The Great White One wants at that moment
No Gantic Points will be awarded for writing irrelevant poems.

A maximum of 150 Gantic Points can be earned this round..... Wait a second.... Everything should add upto 100. But, The Great White One may award bonus(es) for delighting the The Great White One's mind and mood!.

The Gantestant(s) with the lowest score this round will be eliminated.

The Gantestants have one week to write the poem and a Gantestant may not change his/her poem after he/she has submitted it.

Because, here in page 7, The Great White One said -

150 Gantic Points will be awarded for the chosen submission.

And, in the result of Round 2,

@akshobhya +10 +5 +30 +150= +195

Along with this, I think the title of the thread at this moment -

How Gantic Are You? SEASON 2 | ROUND 3 (page 8)

is also referring to a page where my submission for Round 2 is and not to the page where the scoreboard has been put up.

And @Gantic, in the scoreboard,

The spelling of 'little' has a small error.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

[...] and I wouldn't do ciphers for How Gantic Are You because anyone with a solver can do it.
Does that mean you decrypted my message 3 without the key?

I won't do ciphers. I'll do gibberish, but I won't do ciphers.
My cipher may have been more Poe than Gantic, but the first two messages are directly derived from demonstrably Gantic things.

Also, I don't guess.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There are plenty of users who do ciphers. I just happen to be one of the more prominent, but I use ciphers as a bandage for the lack of something more creative.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The Great White One sees all.
He knows when you trip and when you fall.
He watches your wins and watches your oops.
He reads your soul when analyzing your mental poops.

Showing 76-90 of 161