ForumsForum GamesHow Gantic Are You? SEASON 2 | Is Over!

161 66308
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to How Gantic Are You? the quiz thread game show that measures your Gantessence. This is a highly accurate patented process. Get ready to prove your Ganticness with Gantickery and Ganticisms. Are you a Ganticable Gantoid? or a Ganticious Gantian? Find out now!

Sign-ups are open until 10-20 spots are filled or 1 week passes, whichever happens first. Please do not drop out in the middle of it. While signing up, please wager the amount of Gantic Points that you are the most Gantic of all Gantestants.

Gantestants will be scored with Gantic Points up to the final round.
Gantestants with low Gantic Points at the end of the round may be eliminated.
Gantestants may complete secret challenges to win bonus Gantic Points.

In Season 2, things will be the same but different! Are you ready to Gantic?

ROSTER
3/4 pi Hectichermit
03 gringrant
03 TheMostManlyMan
05 Saphire24
07 cobbcannon3423
10 R2D21999
19 StormWalker
20 Doombreed
20 Lowco1
22 Miraidematro
e^π FishPreferred
25 Darkfire45
27 trigon123
42 09hilj
2003 devansh_asthana
2378 jcwgames
1000000 GhostOfMatrix
c² philimaster
∞ akshobhya
∞ red303

ELIMINATED
X Gogotank
_____
[Season 1]

• 161 Replies
philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

FishPreferred already got mine

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Fish Preferred had something in every line I think. And I did not find any secret in Sapphire's post...

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

The first and third lines are punctuated with tiny words which read "ELIL FOREVER".
Because that message might be construed as external to the poem itself, I also included the series )(1 ! which, when converted from ASCII to hexadecimal becomes 29 28 31 20 21, all of which look like base 10 numbers. Looking at the second line, the 29th, 28th, etc. characters spell out the second message: "frith".

If anyone is at all confused, it is because these are Lapine terms and you are not Gantic enough.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Whoops, Round 3 is over already, isn't it. Whatever. I'm not really that Gantic anyway.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

So I got elil, forever and the third line's message right, Fish Preferred?
And, it is a well written last line. So much of information in 3 characters!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'm probably already late, but here's a good, exciting poem that I definitely didn't come up with in fifteen seconds.

rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit

Thank you, thank you, I'll be collecting my points at the end of the round.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

We're down to the final 5. With this much attrition, I won't post the eliminations and I'm pretty sure the points don't matter when I don't even have to eliminate who scores the least.

SCORING
@R2D21999 +10 +0 +0 +50 +50
@philimaster +10 +20 +0 +0
@FishPreferred +10 +20 +20 +50 +50
@Saphire24 +10 +0 +0 +0
@akshobhya +0 No points can be scored for this round.

+50 points for what I wanted if you referred to my thread presence, rather than a generalized identity of the White Rabbit.
+50 bonus points were scored if you mentioned or referred to Mental Poop.

STANDINGS
00235 akshobhya
00230 FishPreferred
00140 R2D21999
00065 philimaster
00060 Saphire24

ROUND 4
ROUND 4 is "How Gantic Are You?" round.

Rank the following objects by how fun they sound and how gameifiable they are.
- Cheese
- Dinosaur
- Barnacle Boy
- Forumnaut
- Wooberly

It is up to you to figure out a metric with which to balance these into one ranking. The score for this round will be based on the accuracy of your results. "Gameifiable" in this context means how likely a new forum game can be made with it.

Your score for this round will be 500 - 50 Gantic Points for each rank off you are in a ranking, so if you rank what I ranked #1 as #2, you will lose 50 points for that and at least 50 points for having an incorrect #1 as well.

You can score a maximum of 500 Gantic Points this round. You can also lose points if you answers are completely off and ranked poorly.

The Gantestant with the lowest score will be eliminated and we will start the semi-finals where all the points earned up to here do not matter.

You have one week to submit your ranks. You may not change your answer after you have submitted.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Your score for this round will be 500 - 50 Gantic Points for each rank off you are in a ranking, so if you rank what I ranked #1 as #2,you will 50 points for that and at least 50 points for having an incorrect #1 as well.
How exactly does one 50 points? I'm finding these instructions lacking in clarity.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Added in the missing word.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

#1 - (60%,90%) Forumnaut, as there will almost certainly be another forum game with the subject of forumnauts, even if it isn't Gantic's, and if it is Gantic's, it'll most likely be fun (at least for Gantic).
#2 - (70%,70%) Wooberly, because such an object carries with it a vast potential unconstrained by conventional definition.
#3 - (50%,60%) Cheese. Many non-derivative things can be done with cheese, but only if you know which cheese derivatives not to take. Fun could go either way, depending on its method of integration.
#4 - (30%,60%) Dinosaur, as these are generally only popular in RP/RPG things, and probably not even the more popular ones at that.
#5 - (10%,20%) Barnacle Boy. As an object of little variation and possible copywrite issues, there isn't much that can be done with this one.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Should we post why we chose the option along with our list?

Miraidematro
Miraidematro
738 posts
Blacksmith

Noooooooo! I missed the deadline :'(

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

In ascending order:
5: Dinosaur, you could make a game but it wouldn't be very interesting
4: Barnacle Boy, what?
3: Cheese, It has been done and will be done again
2: Forumnaut, It has the word 'forum in it'
1: Wooberly, there are millions of unexplored possibilities

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Okay here is my entry - (It is arranged from rank 1 according to me till the last rank according to me)

1. Wooberly. This word does sound funny and is gameifiable according to me. Also, I don't think there was some game related to the word and so, there is scope for it to be gameified.
2. Barnacle Boy. Though it doesn't sound funny, but it has already been gameified once and has been used in a very large forum game. There was once a Count to 100 - The Tale of a Barnacle Boy.
3. Cheese. This has been gameified already by The Great White one and is a very popular forum game . It is - Slap the Cheese.
4. Dinosaur. There has not been a very big game mainly involving Dinosaurs except for the last round of ASC maybe but is certainly gameifiable and doesn't sound very funny too.
5. Forumnaut. Though it may seem to sound a bit funny, I think it's okay to say that it is not very gameifiable as there is one thread in the AMW - Adventure of a Forumnaut that is completely owned by The Great White One. The main thread and the discussion thread both have not come to life for long.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

Ascending order:
5. Barnacle boy, you could probably make something out of this, but it is not general enough. Also, I think there are some copyright laws...
4.Dinosaur. Would be pretty fun, but but still a little limited
3.Cheese. We have seen it done, I'm sure the possibilities have not run out yet.
2. Forumnaut. It has been done a few times now. and is still gamifiable.
1. Wooberly. You could say that this was anything from a space chimp being sick, to an undiscovered sea creature. Also, what a word! :P

Showing 106-120 of 161