ForumsForum GamesThe world of TOME: L&R (Main thread)

272 70039
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

If you're here and you do not have a character sheet, please go here.

Otherwise, here is where you post and play. Have fun!

• 272 Replies
wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Name:Zexed
Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Class: Swordsman
Subclass or battle style: speed demon
Bonds: Nale (acquaintance)
Exp: 0/20 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Speed boost (N/A, self, + to speed for 3 turns, 3)
After Image (N/A, self, Evade, 3)
Quick Slash (low, melee, 1)
Blade fury (low, melee, repeat X2 (3 10%), 3)
HP: 44/60
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bit of glowing silver, NPC shop coupon, 100 gold.
Equipped inventory: Rusty sword, old enhanced leather armor
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 to speed, +3 to movement

I will use the UP on the Blade Fury upgrade. I then look back to the NPC, "Excuse me, what can I get here for 100 gold?"

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Jegan
Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Class: Mechanical
Subclass or battle style: General-Purpose
Exp: 8/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Quick Attack(Low, Melee, Sprintable, 1)
Combo(Med, Melee, X2 (x3 10%), 3)
HP: 21/50
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 350 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block, bleeding (2 dmg)

You rolled a 1/36, and a 1/6 on the same turn. Just in case you were curious.

You hit for 4 dmg. He fires another needle, for 6 damage and the bleed effect. You take 1 bleed dmg.

Zath: 14/60, medium

Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Blade fury (low, melee, repeat X2 (3 15%), 3)
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bit of glowing silver, 100 gold.

UPGRADE COMPLETED.
She frowns. "Not much. You could start a necklace string, but it would only be able to hold three charms. If there's anything in your inventory to sell enchantment-wise, I'd buy. I've been looking for the Mythril components."

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bit of glowing silver, 100 gold.

I show her the glowing silver item, "Does this help?"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 350 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block, bleeding (2 dmg)

OOC: Somehow something without blood can bleed. But not that actual game mechanics make the most sense irl

IC: I snipe, again...

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Keket Vix
Description:
Her hands and feat can turn into white fox paws and the tip of her tail is red.
Bio: Keket's father was guard for a king. Her mom was an assassin that worked for the spymaster of the same king. Keket has learned things from both of her parents. She wishes to use her skills and her family's connections to go on adventures.
Class: Animalistic
Subclass or battle style: Poison shredder
Exp: 0/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Stoneskin (N/A, self, +defense 3 turns, 3)
Poisoned tips (Med, melee, psn T1, 3)
Cross swipe (low, short, x2, 2)
Lacerate (N/A, melee, bleed T1, psn T1, 2)
HP: 35/50
Inventory: Paper detailing inscribed old coin and location where it was found, 3200 gold, 10x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none).
Equipped inventory: none.
Bonuses and countdowns: +def % (1)

I try to poison my opponent with Poison Tips.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

She whistles. "That's definitely a Mythril component. There are four, and I have two, the copper and gold. They're not unique, but they're definitely rare. You could get 3000 gold for that, even more if you find a smith who has the other 3. So yes, it helps a lot." She explains, struggling to contain her excitement.

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 14/50
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block, bleeding (5 dmg)

You hit for 6 damage. He fires another needle, which only hits for 3 DMG, but it adds to the bleed effect. You take 3 bleed dmg.

Zath: 8/60 medium

Description:
Bio: Keket's father was guard for a king. Her mom was an assassin that worked for the spymaster of the same king. Keket has learned things from both of her parents. She wishes to use her skills and her family's connections to go on adventures.
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
HP: 28/50
Inventory: Paper detailing inscribed old coin and location where it was found, 3200 gold, 10x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none).
Bonuses and countdowns: None

You hit for 8 dmg, but you don't land the poison effect. LinkOZ's aura powers down before he slashes at you for 7 dmg.

LinkOZ (Bleed 3): 49/60 melee

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

"What's the last component? Do you know where could I get the different components?"

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Bonuses and countdowns: None

I try to down a potion and then use Stoneskin.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 14/50
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block, bleeding (5 dmg)

I snipe from this distance.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

"Oh, the last one is the rarest, enchanted with platinum. Getting it is the easy part..." She shivers. "There's a mine on the cliffs of Lavendera, just near the underside. You can get in, but the more you hold on your way out, the stronger the elementals will be. Platinum has the most enchantability, which, all other being equal, makes for the strongest elementals. There are always miners you can hire! That's how I got these two. There's also shops near the mine, which tend to have all four in stock. Whatever you do, best of luck."

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Bonuses and countdowns: +%def (3)

ERROR: INVENTORY DISABLED BY BATTLEGRID CREATOR. COMPLETEING SET ACTION.
After the error finishes, you use stoneskin as normal. LinkOZ is exhausted, and looses the turn. LinkOZ takes 3 bleed dmg.

LinkOZ (Bleed 5): 46/60

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 45/50

I hope you don't mind. I decided to cut this short a turn.

Locked in a battle of true skill and exitement, you snipe him for 7 dmg and he fires a needle at you for 6 dmg. You take 5 bleed dmg. You fire another shot and finish him off. You're recovered, and Zath is teleported out. A scoreboard and match list pops up for a minute.
"Jegan: 1 Zath: 0 Codeth: 1 Esst: 0" "Match 3: Jegan Vs Esst and Codeth Vs Zath"
Esst, an unfocused, scout class, humanoid mini mech teleports into the arena. Her blue eye goes from a small haze into a sharp beam, as speakers where a mechanical mouth should be drone,"Target acquired. Preparing battle sequence." A battlegrid is activated.
BATTLE ON.
Esst takes the initiative, rushes from medium to short range, and fires off two pistol shots from her fingers for 5 (2,3) dmg.

Esst: 45/45 Short

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 45/50

I charge while preparing a combo, then use combo after moving.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

"Thank you." I say as I leave the store to go explore Mechcity in the direction of Lavendera

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Bonuses and countdowns: +%def (3)

I try to use Lacerate again.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Normal Shot(Med, Med, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
HP: 41/50
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block,

You pull into melee range and preform a combo for 15 (6,2,7) dmg. She kicks you down for 4 dmg and jumps back to short range.

Esst: 30/45

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bit of glowing silver, 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.

You take a walk through the right, dirtier end of Mechcity. These three districts are mostly player shops and small parks. You take note of a couple general stores, an accesory shop, A smith, and an enchanter. You decide to make it into a piece of paper, and keep it in you inventory. You end up arriving at the bridge that separates Lavendera from Mechcity. Where to?

Description:
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Bonuses and countdowns: +%def (2)

Lacerate hits for both effects, but bleed T1 has already maxed out. LinkOZ slashes at you for 4 damage before running back to short range. LinkOZ takes 5 bleed dmg and 3 poison dmg.

LinkOZ (bleed 7): 38/60 short

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bit of glowing silver, 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.

Lavendera, with caution.

Showing 136-150 of 272