ForumsForum GamesThe world of TOME: L&R (Main thread)

272 69951
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

If you're here and you do not have a character sheet, please go here.

Otherwise, here is where you post and play. Have fun!

• 272 Replies
wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Name:Zexed
Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Class: Swordsman
Subclass or battle style: Speed Demon
Bonds: Nale (acquaintance)
Exp: 11/20 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP, 1 LEGEND point
Speed boost (N/A, self, + to speed for 3 turns, 3)
After Image (N/A, self, Evade, 3)
Quick Slash (low, melee, 1)
Blade fury (low, melee, repeat X2 (3 15%), 3)
HP: 60/60
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.
Equipped inventory: Rusty sword, old enhanced leather armor
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 to speed, +3 to movement.

I extend my hand to shake his, "See you later. Message me when the ingots are done. I'm gonna see if I can't purchase a map from one of these NPC shops."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Jegan
Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Class: Mechanical
Subclass or battle style: General-Purpose
Exp: 8/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Burst fire (low, med, 3, 25% miss chance, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Quick Attack(Low, Melee, Sprintable, 1)
Combo(Med, Melee, X2 (x3 10%), 3)
HP: 50/50
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 650 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block

I decide to do Invisible Thief. I head to Mechcity south side.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Libra sheet:
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.

"Will do!" He assures before you head off in opposite directions. As you exit Sanctuary and enter Mechcity, you notice one of the many betting locations loaded up with about fifty battlegrids. The noise of all the fights is deafening, even from this far away. The help center is still along this street, and in your sight, do you investigate or continue on?

Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 650 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.

As you walk over the bride to Mechcity and turn right to go to the docks, you notice a rambunctious crowd at one of the popular battle and bet locations. You scan and find over fifty battlegrids. You tone down your sensors, as the noise would deafen anyone near. Do you investigate or continue past?

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:

I will cautiously investigate the bet-and-battle location

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Description or pic: 5"10 slim man, wears red robes, has black eyes and black hair
Bio: Nivlac is a self taught wizard and he learned his magic from books and scrolls. He chose to learn the most raw from of magic, arcane magic.
Class: Spellcaster
Subclass: Arcane Wizard
Exp: 0/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Blink [N/A, Short, Teleport T1, 2]
Magic Missile [Medium, Medium, AOE small (selected), 3]
Arcane Shield [N/A, Short, Shield AOE T1, 2]
Arcane bolt [low, low, amr pierce T1, 2]
Arcane blast [low, med, 1]
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none).
Equipped inventory: old Arcos infused staff, lightweight robes.
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 armor, +1 speed

OOC: I thought I spawned in sanctuary? But it doesn't really matter.

IC: I investigate the battle area looking to test my skills.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

I continue investigating, trying to avoid the battlegrids as much as possible.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:

You head over and find that not only are 57 battlegrids loaded, but also that there are two business looking fellows betting on each match individually. Money's changing hands quickly, and you never see or hear them talk. Whenever a match finishes, another finishes at the same time, and they're re-paired into more battles. Everyone's trash talking each other, and half of it is the famous "no u". No one seems to notice you, not even the mechanical on your right.

Description or pic: 5"10 slim man, wears red robes, has black eyes and black hair
Bio: Nivlac is a self taught wizard and he learned his magic from books and scrolls. He chose to learn the most raw from of magic, arcane magic.
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

You decide to head east along Main Street to the battles, and find that one just finished. Small sacks of gold change hands before the winner, a human sized mech with a wheel for a leg and a turbine for a chest, takes a mic from one of the managers. "Anyone else? I've been dying for a challenge!" A small archer pushes his way to the front of the crowd and raises his hand. "I-I'd like to try." He pushes from his mouth timidly. "I said a challenge. I did not say free exp. Run back to your pre school and find me someone else to fight."

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

As you get closer you notice that as battles end, the two winners and two losers are paired into new battlegrids immediately. You count and find 114 people in 57 battlegrids, all trash talking each other in what might as well be a foreign language. Two well dressed businessmen are standing beside each other, passing money each time a battle ends. Not a word is said between them, and it's off-putting. The only other person in the area is a fighter class on your right, who seems too pre-occupied to notice you.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

"What if you fight both of us? Is that enough of a challenge for you?" I say sternly.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

I pass along and start searching for the man on the bench.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:

I walk up to the two business looking gentlemen, "Hello there, my good sirs. My name is Zexed the Speed Demon. Could one of you perhaps tell me what is transpiring here? If not then could you point me to a good place to buy a decent map at a reasonable price?" I say as I extend my hand for a handshake.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

"Ha! This will be the fight of the ages! One level ten Sniperwheel versus two level one's with no combat record! Everyone make your bets!" He pauses for a second as a man walks around collecting bets in two tins. One is noticeably empty. "Look at those odds! Someone better bet the other team or there's no excitement!" You notice the archer reconsidering, before he straightens his shoulders. The two tins keep moving around before it gets to the last person, a purple morphological. Everything seems to pause as he states, "Ten thousand on Archy and Nivlac." If Sniperwheel had a jaw, it would have dropped. "W-w-well then! F-free money for us, eh? Fine! Let's go! Two on one for 2:1 odds! No potions! No terrain! Just a winner and two losers!" Sniperwheel says, loading up a battlegrid. You and Archy are on one side at a medium distance from Sniperwheel. Archy amazingly has initiative, and shoots a fire arrow. It hits him for 7 dmg, and a *resist* notification pops up. Sniperwheel proceeds to fire a beam at Archy for 14 dmg. It's your move.

Archy (ally): 36/50

Sniperwheel: 68/75

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

You pass along and continue to the docks. You find several benches, but only one with a man on it. He's sleeping somehow in his... Sailor-steampunk-robe-cowl-toga type thing. As you approach he mumbles out, "A thief could hear you miles away. I assume you're here for the quest, so listen. Every time I dock here, I lose a box. No one sees it move, no one is seen entering the ship. My counts are right, so your job is to find him or his stash. We've set up motion sensors, and a ship is coming in soon, so you need to apprehend the dirtbag. We've been able to load up battlegrids with him, but the battles end instantly. Try to figure it out, and you'll be rewarded as promised.

Libra sheet:

They curiously look at you. "We can tell you both, actually." Says the one on the left. "What's happening here is a friendly bet between friends. Nothing out of the ordinary here." States the one on the right. "There are free maps at the help center ahead on the street you were on, or you could go to the player shop district and find a cartographer who sells detailed ones. Be on your way."

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:

"I apologize, but I have some more questions then. Do the fighters earn any share of the bets placed on them if they win, and is this a regularly scheduled event? If you cannot or wish not to answer these questions, then I thank you for the map information and I shall be on my way."

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP

I use arcane bolt.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

I give him a nod. "I'll do it." I say with a small tone, and head to where the ships would dock. I wait for the ship to come.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:

The one on the left starts talking again. "No and no. They're just playing for fun, we're just betting for fun." They both speak in unison, "Now be on your way."

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Arcane bolt [low, short, amr pierce T1, 2]
HP: 34/50

You get closer and use arcane bolt for 11 dmg. Archy goes back more and fires a ton of arrows into the sky at an incredible rate. They look like they'll obliterate the area around Sniperwheel. Sniperwheel swaps out his laser for a cannon, and fires a hefty ball at you for 16 dmg.

Archy (ally): 36/50

Sniperwheel: 57/75

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

You wait for a while before you see the ship in the distance. As it starts to come in, one of the wires that was set up is tripped, and lights go off indicating it. None of the wires around it have been tripped yet, and the ship is still pretty far off. The man gets up off the benchs and start looking around.

Showing 196-210 of 272