ForumsForum GamesThe world of TOME: L&R (Main thread)

272 70028
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

If you're here and you do not have a character sheet, please go here.

Otherwise, here is where you post and play. Have fun!

• 272 Replies
wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Name:Zexed
Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Class: Swordsman
Subclass or battle style: Speed Demon
Bonds: Nale (acquaintance)
Exp: 11/20 lvl 2
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP, 1 LEGEND point
Speed boost (N/A, self, + to speed for 3 turns, 3)
After Image (N/A, self, Evade, 3)
Quick Slash (low, melee, 1)
Blade fury (low, melee, repeat X2 (3 15%), 3)
HP: 60/60
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.
Equipped inventory: Rusty sword, old enhanced leather armor
Bonuses and countdowns: +1 to speed, +3 to movement.

"No problem," I say, a little creeped out, " thank you both again for the information," as I finish my sentence, I extend my hand to shake either of theirs.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

OOC: Can i get better description of the place and the motion sensors?

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Description or pic:5'10" slightly slim, white hair, purple eyes, typically wears leather armor with steel plates embedded on important areas(I.e. The chest, upper arms, forearms, and shins), and carries a shortsword in right hand.
Libra sheet:
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity.

Neither of them take the gesture. "Be on your way." The one on the right says with more 'heft' in his voice.

Name: Jegan
Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Class: Mechanical
Subclass or battle style: General-Purpose
Exp: 8/10 lvl 1
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Burst fire (low, med, 3, 25% miss chance, 2)
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Quick Attack(Low, Melee, Sprintable, 1)
Combo(Med, Melee, X2 (x3 10%), 3)
HP: 50/50
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 650 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.
Bonuses and countdowns: +2 armor, +2 speed, +1 attack, T1 block

Of course. I'm sorry, I should have thought about that.

You're standing at the start of one of the docking ports in line with the fence. From here on there are no wires. Looking away from the sky, there's a wall 10 yards away. Along the wall, evenly spaced three yards apart, are five tripwire poles. They run five yards before hitting another pole, which continues to the fence. The second and third poles in each row are all linked in the same manner. The benches are twelve yards away from any point at the fence, and ten yards from each other. The ground is all wood, footsteps are easily heard. On top of each pole is an alarm, two are triggered when a wire is tripped. There's not another docking port for fifty yards in either direction.

Is that helpful? I'm sorry, I should have done that earlier.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:

I turn around, use Speed Boost, and get the heck outta Dodge and toward the shop they pointed me to as fast as I can. As soon as I'm inside I take a deep breath and look around.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Description (Pic Page 1): 1.8 meters in height, and with the back thruster removed. Wears a cape for looks outside of combat.
Bio: It was once a wearable armor set. It then was given an orderable AI. Shortly before the creator passed away, it was given an advanced AI. It's made to act as much as human as possible. It then was set free with quite a lot of knowledge.
Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 650 gold,
Equipped inventory: Hardened Laser Dagger, basic Light shield, old Beam Rifle, 3-slot hand grenade holster(1/3), Middle weight class mech.

It's a little hard to understand.

If i get it right:

I'm in front of a docking port, along with the fence. 10 yards in front, there's a wall(how tall?). Inbetween the wall and the fence are five tripwire poles, spaced three yards apart horizontally(from me). The poles are spaced five yards apart to the fence. The benches are behind me. Others doesn't seem confusing, but do i get this part right?

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:

The bell inside the shop dings very loudly, and the five people inside are all looking at you. A quick look shows a fighter, swordsman, mechanical, spellcaster, and a help NPC. There's not much inside besides some pamphlet centers and a counter with the NOC behind it. Everyone looks like they were checking out pamphlets before you came in. The Spellcaster speaks up, "What's the matter? Did a wee mouse scare you?" Everyone else giggles and gets back to what they were doing.

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

This should be more helpful. Sorry for low quality and bad lighting.

https://imgur.com/wOjLhvW

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:

I try to compose myself before replying, "Hardly. The two men in charge of the arenas outside were really beginning to creep me out. Where are the maps, please?"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

OOC: Ty.

IC: I check the area near where the wires was tripped.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity, world map detailed with districts.

Before answering you, everyone except the NPC opens their inbox and composes a message. The spellcaster speaks up again, "I noticed something odd. only happens when a ton of battlegrids are loaded up, and that's their M.O. Administration is notified, prepare for a little show outside. They enjoy demonstrations." The swordsman hands you the map he was holding before heading outside himself. You follow suit and walk outside. You hear a woosh from above you, and see a pulse shooting over the whole sky. The game starts running much more smoothly, and a beam shoots down by the battle and bet place. After a minute passes under a black sky, a beam shoots back up followed by a cage. The sky returns to normal. Everyone grins and heads back into the shop. "I love it when they do that." says the swordsman.

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

You rush over to the area and bump into whoever it was. He? It? Falls back into the far right wire in the second row from the wall. You only felt something cushy, there was nothing hard at all behind it. You hear scraping before a thud on the wall.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
Inventory: 1x basic potion, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), 1 encrypted knowledge nugget, small bits of glowing (copper, silver, gold, and platinum), 100 gold, Map of eastern Mechcity, world map detailed with districts.

"What was that? I'm Zexed by the way." I say to the swordsman after putting the maps in my inventory.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

I Combo into the seemingly empty air where he presumably is.
(aka Combo onto the square area made by tripwire alarms, assuming i'm in the wire he tripped and the other wire isn't tripped and he's in a corner)

If i can't use battle skills outside of battle, replace "Combo" with "Jump and try to slam"

OOC: complex locations tho

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:

He takes no heed to your name, and looks surprised you don't know. "That was the admins." He states in awe. "They deal with reported hacker threats by halting all code coming in from their character, then removing them from the game world, before debugging the area and characters. It's not glamorous work, but they love to make a show."

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

As you're in the air to body slam the ground, you see the wire on you left trip. You hit the planks and hear them creak under the impact. The next wire left is tripped as well as you lie down, stunned from the hard landing.

wookie1196
wookie1196
856 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:

"I'm a bit new here, so that's why I asked. I didn't catch your name by the way."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)

I run over to where the wires are tripped while trying to hug target on impact.

(OOC: I'd look stupid if i did it irl :/ )

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Libra sheet:

He chuckles. "You weren't meant to." He states with a smirk. "Besides, Codeth, we've both started new." He says, leaving into the alleys.

Libra sheet:
10/10 SP, 0 UP, 0 MP
Snipe(High, long, 4)
Inventory: Five health potions, portable healer, Passage privileges (none), old canister grenade, 2650 gold,

OOC: I was looking for a good Fullmetal alchemist .gif, but I failed. I'll leave the thought of Alric air hugging in your style.

You manage to air hug successfully. He's caught inside your arms. He tries to squirm out, but you're gripping him too hard for him to do anything. The ship arrives and the man grabs metal belt like things to immobilize him. He makes no sound, and doesn't resist. He's still invisible, and it looks like it'll stay that way. The man hands you 2000g. "If you find his stash too you can have half of that, whatever's in there. Either way, pleasure doing business with you."

Showing 211-225 of 272