ForumsNews and Feedback[Ideas] Armor Points?

129 52503
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

the following discussion took place in count to 100 just after i made this post:

camy999: 11. I kinda wish that I'd participated more [when the AP system was around]. I only ever got to Gold Serf rank. Also I just realized that my profiles sixth birthday passed by without my notice

armorplayergc: ne::two12) another thing, besides joining AG earlier, I wish I had also bought Minecraft earlier, I only started in 2012, I wish I had started like 3 years earlier, then I could be better on it too

Chryosten: 13. My laziness when it came to gaming is why I only managed to reach Gold Knight. There was the contributing factor of constantly posting in FG.

SirLegendary: 14. Wish I could be here more often, I'm trying.

as far as i understand from this, it was more fun to be active on ag when there were armor points. would this be a reason for bringing them back?

• 129 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Ferret, but see according to @armorplayergc's stats, Legend is on top

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

How about "Galaxy" rank for hoarding more than 30,000 stars? @Ferret, I agree with you. Anyhow, I believe the AG team has taken note of a few points from the list in order to work it out?

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

And, A "Great (White) Rabbit" rank for the Leader Board topper?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Nice list @armorplayergc , but I would like to make some suggestions.

Trader - unlocked at 500 stars
Blacksmith - unlocked at 1,000 stars
Soldier - unlocked at 2,000 stars
Bourgeois - unlocked at 4,000 stars

Trader were wealthy people. I'd rather order these particular ranks that way:
Blacksmith / Trader / Bourgeois

I left out the soldier because your list is a bit of a mix of economic, military and nobility ranks. I see no way to untangle it so far, but I am not sure it is the most intuitive solution.

Noble - unlocked at 20,000 stars
Legend - unlocked at 24,000 stars

Plenty of room for potential ranks between those two left.

I have some ideas, I will try to put them into a list of my own.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We're still looking for more ideas. I rather feel "Bourgeois" is something most people wouldn't understand as well.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Chances are, some people are going to be offended by bourgeois XD

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ok then. After Noble, we can have one (or more) Lord/Duke/King ranks and the Legend rank is achieved later on. Legend especially makes sense if it is achieved at 30k stars

I rather feel "Bourgeois" is something most people wouldn't understand as well.

How about Townsman or Citizen then?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So instead of a hard number on ranks, right now we're working on a % ranking system. This means that as the amount of Quests grow, the ranking system will slide with them.

In this system, Legacy/Merits/Other Forms of points will be "Extra Credit" on top of what a person could just start playing and earning today. If you can't earn a Quest right now, it won't be calculated into the % tally. Thus, any person could achieve the highest ranking on Armor Games.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

That's a great system, will help newcomers.

BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

It can motivate some people to play and complete more quests

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

My idea, inspired from a game (Morrowind) and the comments here is to use a kind of medieval guild rank system + nobility ranks. Here's what I got so far:

Serf
Apprentice
Craftsman
Journeyman
Itinerant tradesman
Master craftsman
Grandmaster
Nobleman
Councilman
Chairman
Baron
Earl
Count
Duke
Grand Duke
Regent
King
Emperor

I consciously left out clerical and military titles as they are kind of separate branches (also doing that for the latter has the advantage of avoiding confusion about the AG Knight title). The idea is that you climb your way through the social class system as if in an actual town.

I tried to do a kind of 'historically accurate' ranking. It may be perceived as bland by some, who may prefer ranks including magical crafts and other fantasy-related stuff. That would be great too; I just feel that the two do not mix all that well.

In this system, Legacy/Merits/Other Forms of points will be "Extra Credit" on top of what a person could just start playing and earning today. If you can't earn a Quest right now, it won't be calculated into the % tally. Thus, any person could achieve the highest ranking on Armor Games.

Sounds great! That should be interesting for everyone.
armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Well, I made a new list, with some changes, tell me what you think

Peasant - starter rank
Farmer - Top 40%
Hunter - Top 20%
Guard - Top 10%
Blacksmith - Top 5%
Trader - Top 1%
Sorcerer - Top 20,000
Cleric - Top 9,999
General - Top 2,500
Warlord - Top 1,250
Royal Guard - Top 250
Noble - Top 125
Lord - Top 60
Legend - Top 20

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@armorplayergc Just to clarify a bit, all rank windows will be a %. This means that anybody could be the top rank. It's unlikely there will be many, as insane Quests will do the job of preventing many.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@ferret % is with inclusion of website quests ?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The 100% of all points will only include Quests that are currently earn-able by players. This might include some website Quests, I don't think that's for certain yet.

Showing 46-60 of 129