ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165849
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Name: Metagut
Sex: Male
Superpower: Assimilative Evolution
---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.
---
---
HP: 19/20

I shout at the kids to get out of there, if they are still around. I take caution about the stinger and claws so i move in circles/zigzag because scorpions limited attack range is in front of them. I distract the beast long enough for the kids to get to the village then I'll make my way towards the village and look for a hardware store.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Name: Donary Trunton
Sex: Trans-man
Superpower: Spoon manipulation
---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
XP: 8/20
---
HP: 12/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"But this isn't right!" I shout. "We're going to kill four people for something a single person did. Do we even know if the perpetrator is even here?"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---

You summoned a block of ice just as Gerald sent another bolt of lightning at you. The block shattered into pieces.

Gerald got closer to you. And with the closing distance, you could see that Gerald had extremely white irises. He wasn't fueled by hatred towards you. He looked possessed.

'Zap!'

You didn't notice the last bolt. It surged through you and you felt your wounds disappearing altogether.

(7 HP)

You were startled by the jolt you felt. Apparently you pushed your covers away.

In a morgue.

It seemed like a morgue to you anyway, with more covers resting on top of other bodies. In fact, you only saw two others next toyou. You looked around, and the room felt cold. You got off your bed and curiously turned the cover over.

A glimpse of your dad's pale face.

I cry. Heavily, but rather quiet tears. "Why? How?" I thought as i kept crying.

Once i stopped crying, I sit on the bed for a few minutes, then analyze the room. Please, be another dream... I think as i pinched my hand.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
He had the face of realization.

---
XP: 6/20
---
HP: 18/20 {IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--}

"What the hell?! He threw a vine at me?" I thought to myself.

"Wait a minute, does that make it 3 Nuckelavees?"
"Whatever it is, it's probably not much different than the other Nuckelavees and will probably back down when I show it who's the man." I also thought to myself.

Figuring the Nuckelavee probably doesn't have any means of hurting his beloved house effectively, the shovel puts his beloved Dolan in his left hand and tries to creatively use his power, he tries to squeeze the Nuckelavee's bollocks, of course if that failed, the shovel decided to use it simply increase the gravity of the situation, hopefully causing it to be harder for the Nuckelavee to summon and use his thing effectively.

The shovel also tries to dodge anything if possible.

Why are you referring to yourself as a shovel? Huh?

You tried to squeeze Todd's balls, but he just frowned as he looked down. Nothing seemed to be happening.

Instead, you used the distraction to pummel him with your shovel. You actually cut deep into his skull, like the previous time. Still, he managed to move, wrapping vines around your shovel and pulling it out, screaming as he did so. He sat on the ground, dazed. You saw small ants crawling out of his head.

===

---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.
---
---

I shout at the kids to get out of there, if they are still around. I take caution about the stinger and claws so i move in circles/zigzag because scorpions limited attack range is in front of them. I distract the beast long enough for the kids to get to the village then I'll make my way towards the village and look for a hardware store.

The kids had already run, so you made a run for it too. The scorpion couldn't catch up, but you knew that it would chase after you and in turn, massacre the small village.

You couldn't see a hardware store, but you did find a workstation. You would still wonder after dealing with the scorpion (if you do) why a workstation was placed in the middle of a village in the middle of nowhere.

The scorpion had moved away from you, heading towards one of the houses.

===

---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"But this isn't right!" I shout. "We're going to kill four people for something a single person did. Do we even know if the perpetrator is even here?"

"You'd think I wouldn't know?" Scarlet turned towards you with a frown, then turned towards the four of them.

"One death is better than four. Admit-"

"ALRIGHT! I DID IT!"

It was the woman. The three men turned towards her. Even with the sackcloth, you knew that it was a shock to them.

"There's your perpetrator," Scarlet said to you, grinning. "Kill her."

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

I cry.

Press F to pay respects.

I cry. Heavily, but rather quiet tears. "Why? How?" I thought as i kept crying.

Once i stopped crying, I sit on the bed for a few minutes, then analyze the room. Please, be another dream... I think as i pinched my hand.

You pinched your hand, and it felt painful.

You analyzed the room, your heart sinking lower and lower the closer you got to the next bed. At this point, you were struck with a choice:

• Open the sheets. Or leave the room without knowing.

Of course, there are other options. It's up to you.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

(It's entirely up to you)

Ok. Thanks

Name: Scott Richards
Superpower: Dark Psychological Manipulation
---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

"Get off of me!"
The man pushed you off, causing you to stagger a few steps back.
"Why are you talking to me like you know everything? Just get out of my way. I have a job to do, alright?!"
As a sign, his eyes glowed a dizzying blue.

I stay still for a while, stunned. "Interesting" I say. "What did you just do? You can't be...like me. You would not hate me so much. This is...peculiar to say the least."
After a brief pause, I continue:
"You just now gave me one more reason to be interested in you. Seems like you are not just a little man. What can you do? Show me. What? you are going to go to work otherwise? Who there respects you for what you are? Hm?"

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

[Still not quite sure the full details of how this is supposed to work, so I think I'll probably be asking a lot of questions, such as "doesn't many of the things in this thread violate the 'No sexual/lewd things' rule?". It's good to know that the powers advance as the level goes up, so I won't accidentally do something too complicated at lvl1 (I'll take out the part where it says he has yet to discover his power's details, since no lvl1's would, anyways). By the way, what are we supposed to do for the appearance, just put a visual description of sorts?]

Name: Zernus
Superpower: "Tree-Walking" (More Specifically "Forest-Possession&quot
---
Bio: He formerly lived in the forest-lands of WA, USA with his family, suffering humiliation throughout elementary school due to his extreme lack of height. At age 11, when exploring the forest with a group of friends, he tripped over a rock and fell face-first "into" a tree. His friends went to get help because he was stuck half-in the tree, and brought back his parents, who helped him figure out how to "slip" back out. After that incident he experimented with his powers & started to notice low-level, temporary physical & mental enhancement such as a small-level growth spurt, a slightly higher metabolism, & a more accurate & speedy comprehension/processing.
---
---

"ZERNUS!"

You awoke from your bed to a familiar voice. You could already tell that it was your mom.

School, you thought. At least it's Friday.

You go to school as normal, before being struck by a small-scale explosion in science class. You have a burnt & damaged face, but before you go to the school nurse's office for healing (since most nurses have healing-related powers), you somehow (maybe due to a concussion of sorts) come up with the idea to further test your powers. You go to the largest tree of the school courtyard & enter it, shortly after which you feel slightly refreshed/relieved. You eventually come out and let the nurse heal you, though you do notice that after entering the tree, the wound had shrunken a bit.

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

[also, for the powers so far, he has the ability to create a split/slit (imagine drawing a straight (or mostly straight) line along a tree's trunk, which causes a split to open up like a mouth in a living tree trunk, which he (and possibly other things/people) can enter. From there he can connect & gain benefits from inside]

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

[Wait... I just noticed a problem, if he has to draw a line then how did he fall into it? Umm... how about, instead of that, a split is created through pressure/force against a tree's trunk caused by him?]

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

I take my crowbar and smack the woman in the head as hard as I can. "There. Happy?" I ask Scarlet

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Press F to pay respects.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

You pinched your hand, and it felt painful.

You analyzed the room, your heart sinking lower and lower the closer you got to the next bed. At this point, you were struck with a choice:

Open the sheets. Or leave the room without knowing.

Of course, there are other options. It's up to you.

I leave and search for the nearest worker in this hospital.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

---

---
---

I look for anything I can use as a weapon, something made of solid metal like a steel pipe, a sledge hammer, or an axe, along with anything that would be used as a make shift shield, a hunk of wood, a plate of metal and after that go after the scorpion.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

I stay still for a while, stunned. "Interesting" I say. "What did you just do? You can't be...like me. You would not hate me so much. This is...peculiar to say the least."
After a brief pause, I continue:
"You just now gave me one more reason to be interested in you. Seems like you are not just a little man. What can you do? Show me. What? you are going to go to work otherwise? Who there respects you for what you are? Hm?"

He looked a degree off of you and blasted a blue beam from his eyes. Even though it missed, you moved out of the way instinctively and saw a hole at the sidewalk.

"That'll be your head if you don't get out."

===

Name: Zernus
Superpower: "Tree-Walking" (More Specifically "Forest-Possession&quot
---
Bio: He formerly lived in the forest-lands of WA, USA with his family, suffering humiliation throughout elementary school due to his extreme lack of height. At age 11, when exploring the forest with a group of friends, he tripped over a rock and fell face-first "into" a tree. His friends went to get help because he was stuck half-in the tree, and brought back his parents, who helped him figure out how to "slip" back out. After that incident he experimented with his powers & started to notice low-level, temporary physical & mental enhancement such as a small-level growth spurt, a slightly higher metabolism, & a more accurate & speedy comprehension/processing.
---
---

You go to school as normal, before being struck by a small-scale explosion in science class. You have a burnt & damaged face, but before you go to the school nurse's office for healing (since most nurses have healing-related powers), you somehow (maybe due to a concussion of sorts) come up with the idea to further test your powers. You go to the largest tree of the school courtyard & enter it, shortly after which you feel slightly refreshed/relieved. You eventually come out and let the nurse heal you, though you do notice that after entering the tree, the wound had shrunken a bit.

Um.. What?

I guess if you want to orchestrate your own situation, you're pretty much a GMPC (Game Master Player Character).

I don't know what to do here, actually. What am I supposed to do here?

[also, for the powers so far, he has the ability to create a split/slit (imagine drawing a straight (or mostly straight) line along a tree's trunk, which causes a split to open up like a mouth in a living tree trunk, which he (and possibly other things/people) can enter. From there he can connect & gain benefits from inside]

I might not allow that. We'll see.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

I take my crowbar and smack the woman in the head as hard as I can. "There. Happy?" I ask Scarlet

You smacked the woman in the head with a crowbar. She seemed unconscious.

Scarlet strode over to where the woman was and checked her pulse.

She then stuck her hand into the woman's mouth, her hand glowing green as she did so. You heard an agonising scream, then a cutoff. You saw Scarlet throw away something slightly smaller than her hand.

The woman hit her head on the floor, blood seeping out of the sackcloth.

"Do a better job next time."

===

---
---
---

I leave and search for the nearest worker in this hospital.

You left and came across a ground floor balcony. You didn't know where the hospital was, even after stepping out. It seemed like the morgue either had an exit opposite of the hospital or that it was separated.

There was a single tree a few fifty yards from you. And you saw a figure under it.

===

---

---
---

I look for anything I can use as a weapon, something made of solid metal like a steel pipe, a sledge hammer, or an axe, along with anything that would be used as a make shift shield, a hunk of wood, a plate of metal and after that go after the scorpion.

In the workstation, you definitely found a steel pipe only slightly shorter than you. For a shield, you came across a plate of metal. You could only lift it and protect yourself with it if you held it from the top. Not much of a help there.

You went after the scorpion which was about to enter the house. It seemed unaware of you.

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
Psycho mode.

---
---
HP: 18/20 {IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--}

HEY YOU, ZERNUS!
SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG WITH WHAT YOU DID.
IN ALL RPS YOU'RE NOT GOD, YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
ALSO YOU'RE THE PLAYER NOT THE GM.

Harsh, but truthful.

(Once I'm level 2 or 3 will I be able to submit people by squeezing their ballsacks? Though I have a feeling you'll throw women or men missing bollocks because of that.)

We'll see.

Dolan tries to free the shovel from the vines, if he succeeds, he lifts the shovel and prepares for another strike at the Nuckelavee's face/head with the edge of the shovel, while increasing the gravity, Dolan attempts to repeat this as much as possible until the shovel is either yanked away from him or the Nuckelavee is knocked out cold.

If he cannot free the shovel Dolan just tries to stomp the sh*t out of the Nuckelavee without stopping.

You got the shovel out and whacked at him a few more times before he fell onto the ground.

(2 XP)

Ants continued to crawl out of his head wound, plus a few other wounds you've created.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

---

---
---

I sneak up on the scorpion and try to jam the pipe in one of its soft spots on its back and aim for its vital organs in its back

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Duly noted." I grumble. "Anything else you need to happen?"

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

He looked a degree off of you and blasted a blue beam from his eyes. Even though it missed, you moved out of the way instinctively and saw a hole at the sidewalk.
"That'll be your head if you don't get out."

I decide to back away for now. "Very well. I am out of your way. But we will meet again. You have my word."

I realize that if he is...like me, lack of a better term, then he is not likely to have left my house a mess. I need to move onto the next 2 people in my suspects' list, but without forgetting this one altogether. It has gotten a lot more interesting now after all...

Showing 211-225 of 721