ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165600
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

It's ok

Name: Scott Richards
Sex: Male
Superpower: Dark Psychological Manipulation
---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
XP: 3/20
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

You looked around your house, searching a few kitchen knives on the kitchen floor. You found rat poison, but you didn't know why you had it here for a few years.
As you headed out, you noticed the same business man stepping out of his three-storey bungalow with his car keys and suitcase by his side. He didn't seem to notice you exit.

I casually walk behind him as if my path happens to be the same as his. When I get close enough, I try to use my power to plant some fear in him telepathically. As I feel the knives in my pocket, I know I am prepared for almsot any reaction, but I must focus on learning the truth first.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 8/20
---
HP: 19/20
---
Inventory:
$100

You entered the ash as the man coughed again.
"YOU KILLED MY ONLY FRIENDS. YOU KILLED RESHY! YOU KILLED FAVREU!"
Instantly, it clicked in your mind. That accident. (That tragic accident in your biography)

'Oh. That. Ugh...'

It's not that I am indifferent to what happened; quite the contrary in fact. But after the accident, nearly half of my regular coworkers and so-called friends had accused me of having caused it in some way, since I was the only survivor, and given my new-found powers. It took me a whole year to convince most of them that I had nothing to do with it, and even now many still don't talk to me. But, you know, you get used to it. Life goes on.

'Not for everyone, apparently. Just what I needed. ' I reabsorb my ash layer and, if possible, the ash cloud around me. Then I address the man again, calmly.

"They were my friends too, you know. I am sorry for your loss, but it was an accident. I barely survived it myself. "

(Also, why green, of all colours?)
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
HP: 8/20

"YOU KILLED MY ONLY FRIENDS. YOU KILLED RESHY! YOU KILLED FAVREU!"

caps+font=overkill
no bold for extra?

You saw him charge up again, and you tracked where he was going to aim.

And you jumped to the side, dodging one of his lightning bolts.

I prepare to dodge again, but also create several small ice, and attempt to fire them at him.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Name: Metagut
Superpower: Assimilative Evolution
---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.
---
---

You sat in a small cave, doodling around in the sand. It was bright outside, and you heard a few goats and cows bleating and mooing. You heard laughter coming from children.

Then you heard the children screaming. You looked in front of you, and saw a scorpion as large as you (and yes, I've considered your height), heading towards you.

I jump back in surprise and grab the large rock I have been sitting on and use it as a crude weapon, throwing it as hard as i can at the head of the scorpion. Then try to run outside of the cave if I can. If the scorpion is blocking my way out I will try to find something to use as a club and defend myself. But I will prioritize defense and escape more then attack.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Donary Trunton
Sex: Trans-man
Superpower: Spoon manipulation
---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
HP: 12/20
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

I get up and stretch. After what happened last time, I open the door a crack and take a peek. "Hello?"

Scarlet stood outside with a revolver in her hands.

"Come out. I need you to do something for me. I'll explain when we get there."

===

---
Biography: Once an unremarkable software engineer, Scott developed extreme schizophrenia, or so he thought. What at first made him dangerous to others, became his solace as the rest of the world abandoned him. Listening to the voices and searching in the darkest corners of his mind. Now, he is back, having adopted an extremely nihilistic view for everything and calling himself "The Dark Prince" when out of control. He has the power to terrify people with his thoughts by tapping into their minds or create insecurities for them. Mental attacks can cause his adversaries to completely collapse by crippling them, or decaying their minds. His corrupting influence extends to himself every time he uses his power.
Appearance: Tall and very slim man, usually seen wearing a suit. Short black hair and brown eyes. Clean shaved with a discreet tattoo of a dark symbol on the top of his left hand. A larger one on his back.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

It's ok

<3

I casually walk behind him as if my path happens to be the same as his. When I get close enough, I try to use my power to plant some fear in him telepathically. As I feel the knives in my pocket, I know I am prepared for almsot any reaction, but I must focus on learning the truth first.

You got close and planted some sort of seed of terror in his mind. As you came to, you noticed the businessman glancing around and noticing you. He frowned and walked a bit further. You could see that he was walking to his car. Halfway there, he said, "What do you want?"

===

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

'Oh. That. Ugh...'

It's not that I am indifferent to what happened; quite the contrary in fact. But after the accident, nearly half of my regular coworkers and so-called friends had accused me of having caused it in some way, since I was the only survivor, and given my new-found powers. It took me a whole year to convince most of them that I had nothing to do with it, and even now many still don't talk to me. But, you know, you get used to it. Life goes on.

'Not for everyone, apparently. Just what I needed. ' I reabsorb my ash layer and, if possible, the ash cloud around me. Then I address the man again, calmly.

"They were my friends too, you know. I am sorry for your loss, but it was an accident. I barely survived it myself. "

(Also, why green, of all colours?)

"They were my friends too, you know. I am sorry for your loss, but it was an accident. I barely survived it myself."

You have never seen a face so angry in your life.

"YOU DARE SAY THAT? YOU MURDERER!"

He turned towards you and swung another green wave of liquid from his arm.

(You'll see if you ever touch it.)

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
Nuckelavee.

---
XP: 6/20
---
HP: 18/20 {IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--}

(Hey I noticed everyone in this RP has weird names so just call me Dolan and pretend my actual name didn't exist)

Sure, go ahead.

Woohoo! Only 4994 XP left to go!

If I indeed could not keep my eyes.
I scream.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!"

If I did keep however, I say to my chef before jumping out of the window to chase down that Nuckelavee:

"That's the mailman!"

After I jump out of the window I try to see if I can see Todd nearby, if so, I try to slow him down with gravity in order to see if I can catch the Running Nuckelavee, if the Nuckelavee engages in combat directly I dodge whatever projectile he throws at me and I see what I can do later.

If he is already gone, I go back in and say to my chef:

"Well it was worth a try..."

I look to see where the other cooks are.

If possible after the yadda yadda conversation I ask him how the Nuckelavee got here in the first place.

(Oh, what I meant was that you tried to keep an eye on Todd. Misphrasing. Pfft.)

"That's the mailman!"

"What?!" the main chef said as you dashed past the window.

You looked to your left and right, and yet you didn't see any trace of him. He's escaped, again.

"Well it was worth a try..."

"He was that mailman? Oh god.."

You asked him how Todd got into the restaurant in the first place.

"Huh?" the chef said. "I opened up the restaurant, got to the kitchen and did my own things, my preparation. Then I hear the door opening and I see this mailman coming after me. I don't know much else, boss."

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

caps+font=overkill
no bold for extra?

Guess I forgot to add that in. Plus, the new features here are amazing. I have to try out all of it, even the dice rolling one. I've only ever seen bold, italics, underline, quote and link. That's how long I've been here.

I prepare to dodge again, but also create several small ice, and attempt to fire them at him.

You created small ice and fired at them like a barrage of ice pellets. Some hit and you noticed blood leaking from his arms and legs. He fired another bolt but you dodged it.

Your vision started to blur due to the bliss you felt fading.

===

---
Biography: Once a simple intern at an industrial research lab he was exposed to a batch of unstable nanites that integrated into his cellular structure. He gained a strange power in that what ever he ate would change him. The nanites also give him an altered form of metabolism allowing him to digest non biological materials and an impervious immunity to disease and poisons.

Appearance: After integrating several animal dna found in common meals he has grow larger then most people, Currently stands around 6 ft 8 in, weighs some 400 lbs, mostly muscle. Along with the various plant dnas that he absorbed his skin is green/plantlike and has the ability to photosynthesis.
---
---

I jump back in surprise and grab the large rock I have been sitting on and use it as a crude weapon, throwing it as hard as i can at the head of the scorpion. Then try to run outside of the cave if I can. If the scorpion is blocking my way out I will try to find something to use as a club and defend myself. But I will prioritize defense and escape more then attack.

You picked up the large rock you sat on and threw it at the scorpion. It hit it square in the chest, and it was stunned. You ran outside without it getting you and you saw the same children looking at you. One cried in horror and the others instinctively backed off. Out of the cave, you stood on grassland that stretched all the way out to a cliff a hundred metres from here. You could throw dirt at the scorpion or run to the village nearby, but there was probably nothing else to grab.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

You got close and planted some sort of seed of terror in his mind. As you came to, you noticed the businessman glancing around and noticing you. He frowned and walked a bit further. You could see that he was walking to his car. Halfway there, he said, "What do you want?"

"The truth. All I ever wanted, all I ever tried to do was live. But you just couldn't stand watching me enjoy my rights as a citizen could you? You could not bear the thought that I am treated as your equal. So how do you feel now? The system is not here to save you. And if you don't answer truthfully, nothing will. Why did you vandalise my house?"

For a brief moment, I could feel something dark stirring in my mind. Of course. This was already the second time I used my power today. Maybe I should take it a bit easier from now on.

(the last bit is a reference to my power's corrupting side-effect )

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
Biography: Was kicked out of high school from his extreme spoon fetish. After being kicked out, he stupidly jumped down a well and became unconscious. It was when he woke up that he found himself with his unusual power of spoon manipulation. When he returned to the surface using spoons as picks, he immediately got a job at the local cafe as a dishwasher.
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Ugh fine!" I shout with annoyance. I follow behind Scarlet to wherever she leads me.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

You created small ice and fired at them like a barrage of ice pellets. Some hit and you noticed blood leaking from his arms and legs. He fired another bolt but you dodged it.

Your vision started to blur due to the bliss you felt fading.

(Due to the bliss? wait what? What'd that last line mean exactly?)

I hope he's okay... I think while fully focusing on dodging instead. Maybe he'll tire out.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

"The truth. All I ever wanted, all I ever tried to do was live. But you just couldn't stand watching me enjoy my rights as a citizen could you? You could not bear the thought that I am treated as your equal. So how do you feel now? The system is not here to save you. And if you don't answer truthfully, nothing will. Why did you vandalise my house?"

For a brief moment, I could feel something dark stirring in my mind. Of course. This was already the second time I used my power today. Maybe I should take it a bit easier from now on.

The man looked a little uneasy from your speech, but then eased himself.

"All this? Leading up to your house being trashed? Go away. I don't know know who did it."

He turned and walked, grabbing his car key to a pretty luxurious sedan.

(the last bit is a reference to my power's corrupting side-effect)

(Woah, dude. I can see this RPG becoming a game where you and I have almost equal control on your character and your environment. Alright, I'm intrigued to see where you're gonna take this.)

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Ugh fine!" I shout with annoyance. I follow behind Scarlet to wherever she leads me.

Scarlet raised an eyebrow, her pretty face becoming a bit more sophisticated.

"Alright, alright. Come."

You two headed down the same corridor to the interrogation room. As she opened the door, you noticed that the room was bright, the light bulb gone from its hanging wire. You didn't seem to notice any light source.

In front of you knelt three men and a women, all covered in sackcloth with rope tied around their necks.

Suddenly Scarlet shoved a spoon in front of you, forcing you to take it. It had a beautiful pattern on the handle, almost like a religious mural.

"There's more where that came from," she said with a grin. "Now, I heard that one of these four revealed information to the Axes."

"Now," she continued, turning towards them. "Tell me who did it, and only one of you dies this morning. I don't like the smell of four corpses in the morning."

You heard a man towards the leftmost sobbing while the woman started to breathe heavily. The other two waited in silence.

===

---
---
---
HP: 13/20

(Due to the bliss? wait what? What'd that last line mean exactly?)

I hope he's okay... I think while fully focusing on dodging instead. Maybe he'll tire out.

(You felt a bit of bliss and pain when the bolt hit you. It even healed some of your internal wounds.)

You dodged another bolt, thinking, Hah, easy. Then you felt a little woozy from moving too much, and you were zapped again.

You screamed involuntarily, while enjoying it at the same time.

(5 HP)

It felt stronger this time, better, bigger.

So far, you haven't notice him utter a word.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
Nuckelavee.

---
---

(How are the religions in this RP? was Jesus like a super mutant or something?)

Religions? I'm not too sure about that.

Also, this is still considered your first encounter. Others have gone towards the next arc while your character is still in the first arc. And I'm estimating that it'll take you awhile until you solve it. Heheh.

I tell him:

"Well, the guy has been fleeing from me for quite some time, I don't think he'll come back here anytime soon, I think I might be able to predict what he does next, I'm going to leave right now, call the police and barricade this window while I'm gone, I may or may not return here in one piece."

I then proceed to storm out of the restaurant, before putting my shovel inside the car, I check to see how much blood is in it, to see how many centimeters deep it went into his skull, after that, I put it in and drive to the nearest shop that sells an axe (I'm getting serious now), and then Dolan goes home to check his house, to see if it has not yet been immolated by the nuckelavee.

"But, sir.."

You already stormed out of the restaurant. You checked the shovel and saw frosted flakes of skin all over it. You frowned at it as you put it in your car.

You drove back home and saw a figure at your front lawn.

Same body shape, same haircut, same shirt.

But you didn't seem to notice any wounds on his head. It was too far to tell anyway.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

(Woah, dude. I can see this RPG becoming a game where you and I have almost equal control on your character and your environment. Alright, I'm intrigued to see where you're gonna take this.)

If you want me to limit my control over it, I don't mind. You are the GM after all I was planning on making my character change the more he uses his power, so he starts this way but gradually becomes more arrogant and violent if he continues using his power frequently. That is only part of my character development, so it is not related to the way the game will progress. However, like I said, if you want me to just describe my actions without the effects, I can stick to the player role easily xD

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

The man looked a little uneasy from your speech, but then eased himself.
"All this? Leading up to your house being trashed? Go away. I don't know know who did it."
He turned and walked, grabbing his car key to a pretty luxurious sedan.

I laugh casually to show him that I don't believe him. I then proceed to grab him by the shoulder and turn him around.
"You know I have the feeling you are not being entirely honest here. I know as well as you how much you hate me. There is no way you weren't there when the cops dragged me off my place and down to the department. So either you did it, or at the very least, you know who did."

"I am giving you the chance to be sincere with me peacefully. We didn't ever see each other eye to eye, but you can either tell me what I need to know and be spared, or face your greatest fears."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
HP: 13/20

You dodged another bolt, thinking, Hah, easy. Then you felt a little woozy from moving too much, and you were zapped again.

You screamed involuntarily, while enjoying it at the same time.

(5 HP)

It felt stronger this time, better, bigger.

So far, you haven't notice him utter a word.

(You forgot to use the quotes there)
(I don't know what to make of this situation. rip)

I... try going away from him i guess? While keeping an eye on him, aka backpedaling. And prepare to make an ice block to defend me if he attacks.

Altrivotzck
Altrivotzck
71 posts
Nomad

[So anyone can join at any point along the way?]

Name: Zernus
Superower: "Tree-Walking" (More Specifically "Forest-Possession&quot
---
Bio: He formerly lived in the forest-lands of WA, USA with his family, suffering humiliation throughout elementary school due to his extreme lack of height. At age 11, when exploring the forest with a group of friends, he tripped over a rock and fell face-first into a tree! His friends went to get help because he was stuck half-in the tree, and brought back his parents, who helped him figure out how to "slip" back out. After that incident he experienced physical and mental enhancement such as a growth spurt and a higher metabolism. He has still yet to figure out the full details of his power!
---
---
---
[I'll use brackets for things not in the story/Character Sheet!] [Would it be possible to put a more detailed description of the powers somewhere, other than the bio? And (because I haven't looked) how are XP/HP gained/lost? Like, could he have gained XP between age 11 and age 17? Also, what do levels in general do?]
(The enhancement only happens directly after being in a tree for an amount of time & when in a tree, he need not eat/drink, can feel as the tree feels, has enhanced comprehension, etc..)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Woah, hey! What's going on?" I shout.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

---

---
---

As I exit the cave and see the kids, knowing that they would be in danger if i just fled I throw off my duster coat and the green/plantlike part of me begins photosynthesis, I gain a boost to my physical energy, and in combination with adrenaline I try to grapple the scorpion by its tail, being careful not to be stung and try to break its tails stinger off

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Kitchen knives (3)
Rat poison

If you want me to limit my control over it, I don't mind. You are the GM after all I was planning on making my character change the more he uses his power, so he starts this way but gradually becomes more arrogant and violent if he continues using his power frequently. That is only part of my character development, so it is not related to the way the game will progress. However, like I said, if you want me to just describe my actions without the effects, I can stick to the player role easily xD

It's entirely up to you.

I laugh casually to show him that I don't believe him. I then proceed to grab him by the shoulder and turn him around.
"You know I have the feeling you are not being entirely honest here. I know as well as you how much you hate me. There is no way you weren't there when the cops dragged me off my place and down to the department. So either you did it, or at the very least, you know who did."

"I am giving you the chance to be sincere with me peacefully. We didn't ever see each other eye to eye, but you can either tell me what I need to know and be spared, or face your greatest fears."

"Get off of me!"

The man pushed you off, causing you to stagger a few steps back.

"Why are you talking to me like you know everything? Just get out of my way. I have a job to do, alright?!"

As a sign, his eyes glowed a dizzying blue.

===

---
Nuckelavee.

---
---

I thought I was going to buy an axe or something, but I guess I forgot my wallet at home or something.

"I suppose I've been a little violent with the Nuckelavee recently, I suppose I could be a little nicer, atleast before I jump at him like a rabid animal" I thought to myself.

I park nearby but not too far away nor too close, Dolan grabs his rusty shovel and exits the car and while threatening the Nuckelavee with his shovel, he yells: "Get off my property you filthy vagrant!" while also preparing anything the Nuckelavee might throw at him.

"Get off my property you filthy vagrant!"

Todd turned towards you. Without any hesitation, he summoned a brown branch-like whip and tried to grab you with it. You dodged it in time before you noticed him summoning something else. Something circle.

===

---
---
---

(You forgot to use the quotes there)

Yeah, I forgot. Hehe.

I... try going away from him i guess? While keeping an eye on him, aka backpedaling. And prepare to make an ice block to defend me if he attacks.

You summoned a block of ice just as Gerald sent another bolt of lightning at you. The block shattered into pieces.

Gerald got closer to you. And with the closing distance, you could see that Gerald had extremely white irises. He wasn't fueled by hatred towards you. He looked possessed.

'Zap!'

You didn't notice the last bolt. It surged through you and you felt your wounds disappearing altogether.

(7 HP)

You were startled by the jolt you felt. Apparently you pushed your covers away.

In a morgue.

It seemed like a morgue to you anyway, with more covers resting on top of other bodies. In fact, you only saw two others next toyou. You looked around, and the room felt cold. You got off your bed and curiously turned the cover over.

A glimpse of your dad's pale face.

===

Name: Zernus
Superpower: "Tree-Walking" (More Specifically "Forest-Possession&quot
---
Bio: He formerly lived in the forest-lands of WA, USA with his family, suffering humiliation throughout elementary school due to his extreme lack of height. At age 11, when exploring the forest with a group of friends, he tripped over a rock and fell face-first into a tree! His friends went to get help because he was stuck half-in the tree, and brought back his parents, who helped him figure out how to "slip" back out. After that incident he experienced physical and mental enhancement such as a growth spurt and a higher metabolism. He has still yet to figure out the full details of his power!
---
---

[Would it be possible to put a more detailed description of the powers somewhere, other than the bio? And (because I haven't looked) how are XP/HP gained/lost? Like, could he have gained XP between age 11 and age 17? Also, what do levels in general do?]

Hmm, you'd only have to explain it once to me and I'll remember what your powers do.

XP can only be gained (unless there are certain circumstances). HP is lost through injuries and such.

Well, if you want, you can start at a higher level. But that would mean tougher enemies (and subsequently, harder thinking).

Levels in general determine how much prowess and mastery you have over your power. For example, a fire manipulator can probably only shoot fireballs or cast walls of flame at level 1. At higher levels, I'll think of the parameters.

(The enhancement only happens directly after being in a tree for an amount of time & when in a tree, he need not eat/drink, can feel as the tree feels, has enhanced comprehension, etc..)

So, it's not exactly combat-oriented. But that's fine. It'll be interesting where I can take this to.

"ZERNUS!"

You awoke from your bed to a familiar voice. You could already tell that it was your mom.

School, you thought. At least it's Friday.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
Butterfly knife
Phone
5 spoons
Crowbar
Pistol [3]

"Woah, hey! What's going on?" I shout.

"What's going on?" Scarlet said. "One of these people violated Pulse's rules. 'Do not reveal any information to anyone.'"

"Now, Donary. Kill them all."

Now the four of them were trembling and sobbing.

===

---

---
---

As I exit the cave and see the kids, knowing that they would be in danger if i just fled I throw off my duster coat and the green/plantlike part of me begins photosynthesis, I gain a boost to my physical energy, and in combination with adrenaline I try to grapple the scorpion by its tail, being careful not to be stung and try to break its tails stinger off

Hmm..

You threw off your duster coat, taking in the sunlight. You felt invigorated, but your physical energy had little to no boost. You did feel a bit of rush. You grabbed onto the scorpion's tail and tried to break the stinger. Instead, it turned its whole body while jumping. You lost your grip, and its shell bumped into you. You staggered back, clutching your ribs.

(-1 HP)

The scorpion hissed at you, and moved towards you, its stinger raised.

Showing 196-210 of 721