ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165628
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
XP: 3/20
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"As long as you're quick enough that i'll last." I reply.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Feel free to leave, mate. No one's playing. I'm just gonna fill up the failure of this RPG up once everyone packs their relatively small bags and leaves.

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"As long as you're quick enough that i'll last." I reply.

The principal just nodded and shooed you.

You stood outside, waiting. Looking.

You noticed passers-by, minding their own business. You did see a few men vandalising a trash can in an alley. Of all things and all places, you thought.

There was the local barber shop across the road with its dizzying barber pole.

And the man you recognised inside the shop, getting a haircut.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What is this defeatist talk about failure? None shall dare talk about defeat! You will remain unwavering in the face of adversity!

Also, I am very sorry for not notifying you of my short absence, again...

-------------------------
Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 11/20
---
HP: 16/20
---
Inventory:
$100

Oh, oh. From where I live, there are LRTs above ground. So I thought, "Hey, the train station's like this."
But it's alright. Yes, you do need to take the stairs up. And the exit is right in front of you.

Oh yeah, you did mention that.
The city center would be a few minutes walk then.

Alright, thanks!

You felt pretty sure that the man had lost you. So you headed to the public library.
The place looked like a public library. Nothing much to describe. (I'm just lazy to describe something you're familiar with already.)

I enter the library and walk up to the information desk, asking the clerk about any tomes containing extensive lists of known superpowers. My intention is to look for anything that resembles either the green goblin or the hallucination-inducing, green-slime-throwing guy. Knowledge is power, after all.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Feel free to leave, mate. No one's playing. I'm just gonna fill up the failure of this RPG up once everyone packs their relatively small bags and leaves.

wait what

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

So does that mean I'll never be able to do horrible things to Axorez?

Hey axorez do you want to add me so I can roleplay with you and do horrible things to you later?

nop ty

The principal just nodded and shooed you.

You stood outside, waiting. Looking.

You noticed passers-by, minding their own business. You did see a few men vandalising a trash can in an alley. Of all things and all places, you thought.

There was the local barber shop across the road with its dizzying barber pole.

And the man you recognised inside the shop, getting a haircut.

I prepare to fight, but without moving. Maybe I'll get a drink if there's one nearby(and nearby only).

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

What is this defeatist talk about failure? None shall dare talk about defeat! You will remain unwavering in the face of adversity!

Also, I am very sorry for not notifying you of my short absence, again...

I just feel like the players aren't having enough fun, maybe because, "Oh, the GM decides whether what I do would be eligible or not. It takes away from the tension!"

Should I just add the dice rolling system?

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

I enter the library and walk up to the information desk, asking the clerk about any tomes containing extensive lists of known superpowers. My intention is to look for anything that resembles either the green goblin or the hallucination-inducing, green-slime-throwing guy. Knowledge is power, after all.

The female clerk looked up at you and directed you to the aisle of books.

You went to the shelf and picked out the ones that seemed relevant and began reading.

For the green goblin, there were mentions of shapeshifters and about how rare cases of shapeshifters permanently end up as the creature they shifted into. It wasn't because they couldn't change back, but because they wouldn't want to change back.

For the green-slime man, you knew that he could throw acid around. That was his only power. The books did say that there were people with hallucinatory powers that could induce what you were experiencing.

"TOM!"

You jerked to your feet as you saw the man with acid dripping down his arm.

"You're mine."

He walked towards you.

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.
I figure this should be preserved for important situations, such as defending the core from an invasion.

---
---
HP: 13/20 {IIIIIIIIIIIII-------}
---
Inventory:
Shovel

"Oh"
I turn whatever my expression was into a blank face, I then grab the Nuckelavee's fingers which are on my throat, and bite into them as hard as possible.

I'm not sure about the mind part, whatever that is, I don't know what is the logic of the mind world.

The two states of mind mean that you are in two worlds at once. Picture yourself controlling two characters at once, but both of them are you. Powers are fully active for both states of mind.

You managed to grab onto his fingers, but then you felt your control over your hands fade as the Todd inside your mind gulped you whole.

(-1 HP)

In your mind, you saw two Todd's with flames engulfing his head and frost surrounding the other's head respectively.

They were walking towards you.

In the real world, you could only control your legs.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

wait what

I don't know if everyone is having a good time or not. You can call me insecure, because I am.

I prepare to fight, but without moving. Maybe I'll get a drink if there's one nearby(and nearby only).

There didn't seem to be drinks on sale anywhere.

You saw the metal man stand up and heading over to the counter to pay. He was already paying for his haircut, which looked fugly.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I just feel like the players aren't having enough fun, maybe because, "Oh, the GM decides whether what I do would be eligible or not. It takes away from the tension!"

But that is what a GM is for, isn't it? To determine the outcome of the action the player chooses to take. I see nothing wrong with that; if you're not happy with the outcome, maybe your action wasn't good to begin with.

To be honest, and from the little I understand of the difference between the two, I've always seen your game as more of an RP than an RPG (or more likely a mix between the two), due to the lack of a more elaborate fighting system. Maybe this is what could confuse some users. In my opinion, you have been doing a good job of determining the attack damages etc. so far, but others may have different opinions. It's up to you to see if you want to go on like this, or invest the extra time and effort to make a dice rolling system for your game; but the way I see it, you will still have to determine what is realistic in your world and what isn't; I don't see how a dice system could decide that.

---------------------------
---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

The female clerk looked up at you and directed you to the aisle of books.
You went to the shelf and picked out the ones that seemed relevant and began reading.
For the green goblin, there were mentions of shapeshifters and about how rare cases of shapeshifters permanently end up as the creature they shifted into. It wasn't because they couldn't change back, but because they wouldn't want to change back.
For the green-slime man, you knew that he could throw acid around. That was his only power. The books did say that there were people with hallucinatory powers that could induce what you were experiencing.
"TOM!"
You jerked to your feet as you saw the man with acid dripping down his arm.
"You're mine."
He walked towards you.

I take on a defensive stance and excrete my ash armor, but let the man come closer for now.

"How often do I have to repeat that I was not responsible for the accident? By the way," I add with a slight smile, "you have me at a disadvantage regarding names. What was yours again?"
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

The first part is normal. The others that stray are probably confused.

And no. Nooooooooo. Attack lists are good tho.

I don't know if everyone is having a good time or not. You can call me insecure, because I am.

I am.

There didn't seem to be drinks on sale anywhere.

You saw the metal man stand up and heading over to the counter to pay. He was already paying for his haircut, which looked fugly.

I keep waiting, on guard. I wonder if he's doing his job?

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

HahiHa,

But that is what a GM is for, isn't it? To determine the outcome of the action the player chooses to take. I see nothing wrong with that; if you're not happy with the outcome, maybe your action wasn't good to begin with.

All I'm concerned about is whether or not my players are having fun or not. If they are, then I am. If they are invested in their character, motives and plot, I am too. It's not like a "if they're happy, I'm happy" kind of situation. For example, seeing Hephaestus taking advantage of the hot-to-the-touch man in that restaurant arc made me go "wow" and excited. It makes me want to narrate what happens afterwards.

So seeing players leave can dampen my moods. I was having a lot of fun hosting for R2D2 too, but then he stopped playing.

To be honest, and from the little I understand of the difference between the two, I've always seen your game as more of an RP than an RPG (or more likely a mix between the two), due to the lack of a more elaborate fighting system. Maybe this is what could confuse some users. In my opinion, you have been doing a good job of determining the attack damages etc. so far, but others may have different opinions. It's up to you to see if you want to go on like this, or invest the extra time and effort to make a dice rolling system for your game; but the way I see it, you will still have to determine what is realistic in your world and what isn't; I don't see how a dice system could decide that.

The dice rolling system works in D&D, but I can see your point.

Loop_Stratos,

The first part is normal. The others that stray are probably confused.

And no. Nooooooooo. Attack lists are good tho.

But they leave because they're confused. Not ask. Oh well.

If you're struggling to find ways to attack, sure I'll cook up some attacks for you (like Tekken combo lists).

I am.

Thank you. I'm flattered.

===

---
---
---
HP: 15/20
---
Inventory:
$100

I take on a defensive stance and excrete my ash armor, but let the man come closer for now.

"How often do I have to repeat that I was not responsible for the accident? By the way," I add with a slight smile, "you have me at a disadvantage regarding names. What was yours again?"

"How often do I have to repeat that I was not responsible for the accident? By the way," you add with a slight smile, "you have me at a disadvantage regarding names. What was yours again?"

The man exhaled and said, "You have no right to ask."

He rushed at you as you formed your armor. He pushed at you with his green arm, dissolving part of your armor and revealing your chest. Then a surprise headbutt came from him, knocking you back a few feet before falling on your (hardened) butt.

(-1 HP)

The man screamed as he sent his arm down onto your head.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I keep waiting, on guard. I wonder if he's doing his job?

You looked around, but didn't seem to notice any sign of the principal. Your heart jumped as you saw the metal man stepping out of the barber shop with its ugly haircut.

Staring right at your face.

He started off in a slow sprint, forming a metal suit from his skin.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

"How often do I have to repeat that I was not responsible for the accident? By the way," you add with a slight smile, "you have me at a disadvantage regarding names. What was yours again?"
The man exhaled and said, "You have no right to ask."
He rushed at you as you formed your armor. He pushed at you with his green arm, dissolving part of your armor and revealing your chest. Then a surprise headbutt came from him, knocking you back a few feet before falling on your (hardened) butt.
(-1 HP)
The man screamed as he sent his arm down onto your head.

I kick at him with both my legs while still down, then try to get up quickly.
BalkanRenegades
BalkanRenegades
824 posts
Treasurer

Continue campagin? YES/NO

Name: Dillon Marius
Superpower: Telekinesis
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level: 2
HP: 19/25
XP: 5/30
Inventory: Pencil case, Book, 2 Shotgun Shells
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dillon, Mickey, Vanda, Dice and Lola are walking back home after Dillon saved them from maniac with shotgun using his newly found power. They are discussing about it.

-So you have absolutely no idea what a hell was that?
-No. When he fired I've just pointed my arm at his direction...
-I've seen you often doing that when you're under preassure.
-Yeah. It was a reflex. I knew I was going to die. Then I've simply imagined me stopping flying lead. It happened.
-Not just you stopped lead. You've beat the crap out of him man! Again, thanks for doing that!
-What do you think guys, is anybody going to find him?

Two police cars past near them quickly.

-About the wolf...
-And he about us...
-Are we gonna tell anybody about this?
-About killing that guy? No way girl!
-I meant about Dillon's new... powers?
-Dillon?
-No. We shouldn't. I don't wanna be called a wierdo. There are all kinds of people.
-Sure man. We are keeping your back.
-Ok gotta go now. See you guys tomorow.
-See ya!

Enters the house.

-Evening grandpa!
-Evenin' Dill! You got really long outside. Were you hanging out with some girls?
-I was out with my friends.
-You look a bit shaken. And your clothes seems to be a bit ripped. Where were you and your friends?
-Oh! We were just doing a school project for tomorow and one piece got under Dice dad's car. That's the reason why is my clothes like this.
-Ok now. Eat something. You look tired.

Opens the fridge. Takes a cheese sandwitch.

-Ok grandpa, I'm going upstairs.
-Sure son.

Goes upstairs. Enters the bedroom.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, I was sick the whole day yesterday.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

I kick at him with both my legs while still down, then try to get up quickly.

You tripped him, his body falling sideways and hitting his head onto one of the shelves.

You got up as the man breathed in and out heavily, looking dazed.

===

Name: Rapyion
Superpower: Omnipotency
---
Biography: Is god.
---
Level: 5
XP: 0/200
---
HP: 0/100

A tall man in a simple shirt approaches you, you think nothing of it, and when he's close, he suddenly pulls out a piece of bread, leaving you confused, before you could do anything however, he made some distance between you, and suddenly he threw the piece of bread into the air, It turned into a sphere at that point.

Before you could react though, you heard him say "You eat, FAST FOOD" by then, he had kicked the sphere, and it shattered into various types of fast food, you saw many burgers, sandwiches and chicken flying towards you.

You tried to dodge, but 7 of those fast food items still hit you.
(-50 HP)

You fell down and was unable to get up in time to defend yourself, the man had already seemingly pulled out his arm, you saw a large cannon, the man's expression turned hostile.

He proceeded to aim it at you and he fired 3 missiles, you just started moving, and they seemed to be following you.

The first one hit you before you could react, you could feel a burning sensation.

(-15 HP)

You saw the man laugh as he saw the missiles heading towards you.

The other ones soon followed, hitting you in your dazed state.

(-15 HP)

(-15 HP)

You were out of breath at this point, you saw the man laughing maniacally, all you saw next was him throwing a punch, you were helpless against him, it connected with your head perfectly.

(-5 HP)

And then there was nothing

I thought I was god.

Ps I'm leaving and probably leaving forever this RPG.

Safe travels among the forumverse, iFool.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

You tripped him, his body falling sideways and hitting his head onto one of the shelves.
You got up as the man breathed in and out heavily, looking dazed.

I get on top of him to prevent him from standing up again; then I put one hand on his mouth, to keep him silent and push his head down; the other hand I put on his acid arm, a bit above the dripping part, and try to strangulate it by growing successively smaller circular accretions of hard ash within my grasp. Ideally, continue this until the arm falls off.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

(Of course this as always, I must ask if you can add me, I can roleplay with you if you want, I got some experiences, mostly bad ones, though I've learned what breaks the roleplay, turns out being a raging lunatic that has random heart attacks, tries to kill a whole forest, finds ghosts, and lastly goes to paradise and destroys everything after eating a piece of cake kinda makes the person making the roleplay want to quit.)

I don't recall that happening.

But sure I can add you.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

I get on top of him to prevent him from standing up again; then I put one hand on his mouth, to keep him silent and push his head down; the other hand I put on his acid arm, a bit above the dripping part, and try to strangulate it by growing successively smaller circular accretions of hard ash within my grasp. Ideally, continue this until the arm falls off.

You got on top of him and silenced him. He looked like he sobered up and tried to smack you away with his green arm but you were able to put his arm down too, thanks to your now-disintegrating armor. You tried to separate his arm but he rolled to the side, forcing you to either get up or fall side by side with the man.

He got up but he wasn't worried about you right now. He was walking away.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

You got on top of him and silenced him. He looked like he sobered up and tried to smack you away with his green arm but you were able to put his arm down too, thanks to your now-disintegrating armor. You tried to separate his arm but he rolled to the side, forcing you to either get up or fall side by side with the man.
He got up but he wasn't worried about you right now. He was walking away.

Well, that's new. 'I wonder where he's going like that?' I get up and follow him at a reasonable distance.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I was of course referring to one of my previous roleplays with a user, but can you turn on chat so we can chat?

Sure. I turned it on.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$100

Well, that's new. 'I wonder where he's going like that?' I get up and follow him at a reasonable distance.

You followed him. There was a line of people waiting to borrow books. As you crossed the line, you saw the man stepping out of the library. You chased after him and

Saw no trace of him.

You looked left and right, but there wasn't anyone with a similar body shape than him.

He was gone.

You felt slightly tired from this predicament.

Showing 286-300 of 721