ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165551
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
Level: 2
XP: 0/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I explain what happened. That is, as far as i know.
(for the record, i'm too lazy to go back a few pages and retell it :/)

You explained and explained, and slowly the crowd went away. Some stayed to listen, and they elicited shock.

Heather started to sob. "Gerald flew away? That's the last you've seen of him-?!"

"Hey, hey!" a familiar voice spoke. "What's going on? Go get your food, lunchtime's gonna be over!"

Mr. Reagul walked over to the two of you as the crowd dispersed completely.

"Ax," he said in a calming tone. "I'd like you to see me in my office after you've eaten. Heather, please try not to bother Ax next time."

Heather just looked down and walked away, trying to hide her tears from the principal.

===

Name: Dolan
Superpower: Control over Gravity
---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
XP: 3/40
---
{IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII}

I move whatever piece of cloth or bag I can out of where it is and stick it on the camera.
I then take a look around the back, to see if there is any way in, or if I can see somebody inside, just for the luls I also check up on my wanted little friend if I spot someone inside or if there is something that could be used to get inside, either way I also look for something to cover my face, making a gravity mask might give away my powers and my identity.

You blocked the camera with a black trash bag.

You could see a few windows, but they were all shuttered. When you went to check on the man, you could see him putting his hands on the wall like a mime. He turned to you.

"I think I know where the cameras will look at. I also think I know how to shut the alarm system down. Just need to find.."

From the corner of your eye, you saw two men walking down the street. It was pretty dark, but you weren't sure if you could be spotted or not.

"Have you tried the back door?" the man said.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You explained and explained, and slowly the crowd went away. Some stayed to listen, and they elicited shock.

Heather started to sob. "Gerald flew away? That's the last you've seen of him-?!"

"Hey, hey!" a familiar voice spoke. "What's going on? Go get your food, lunchtime's gonna be over!"

Mr. Reagul walked over to the two of you as the crowd dispersed completely.

"Ax," he said in a calming tone. "I'd like you to see me in my office after you've eaten. Heather, please try not to bother Ax next time."

Heather just looked down and walked away, trying to hide her tears from the principal.

"I will, sir." I reply and see what Mr. Reagul does. If he goes away, i eat.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"I will, sir." I reply and see what Mr. Reagul does. If he goes away, i eat.

You got lunch and sat alone. You could've sworn that Heather was staring at you from behind.

You went to Mr. Reagul's office. You saw that the office door was open and heard two familiar voices.

"What's going on, Reagul? Why do you need to see him?" That was Mr. Sully.

"School matters. Are we done?"

There was a pause. Then you saw Mr. Sully walking out of the office. He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Please be careful."

As he left, you went in to see Mr. Reagul laying back on his chair.

"I heard you handled the guy. I admit, I have to apologise for not helping you when you needed help. I promise, I'll be more careful next time."

"So," Mr. Reagul said. "I can assume the man died, because you're alive-"

You saw him pause and clench his jaw a bit.

"Sorry. As I was saying, we must continue. We need to find whoever's doing this. You're a target, and they won't stop. I know this because I am one too, somehow.."

This was a pause parade.

"I'm sorry I have to do this to you. I need you back in the alley to check on the man, but I'll be sure to send someone to accompany you this time. I need a lead. Something to get back at their leader. I'll make some excuse for you. Can you do it? Can you help me stop this?"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You got lunch and sat alone. You could've sworn that Heather was staring at you from behind.

You went to Mr. Reagul's office. You saw that the office door was open and heard two familiar voices.

"What's going on, Reagul? Why do you need to see him?" That was Mr. Sully.

"School matters. Are we done?"

There was a pause. Then you saw Mr. Sully walking out of the office. He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Please be careful."

As he left, you went in to see Mr. Reagul laying back on his chair.

"I heard you handled the guy. I admit, I have to apologise for not helping you when you needed help. I promise, I'll be more careful next time."

"So," Mr. Reagul said. "I can assume the man died, because you're alive-"

You saw him pause and clench his jaw a bit.

"Sorry. As I was saying, we must continue. We need to find whoever's doing this. You're a target, and they won't stop. I know this because I am one too, somehow.."

This was a pause parade.

"I'm sorry I have to do this to you. I need you back in the alley to check on the man, but I'll be sure to send someone to accompany you this time. I need a lead. Something to get back at their leader. I'll make some excuse for you. Can you do it? Can you help me stop this?"

"No. Sorry, I don't feel up to it." I reply.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

"No. Sorry, I don't feel up to it." I reply.

"You don't want to stop it?" Mr. Reagul said. "You're going to be their target either way. I will still have someone accompany you home after school. I know going back there is dangerous, but at least stay in school. Also, you have my condolences. I'm sorry for the ruckus I've caused."

Lunch time was almost over.

===

---
Biography: Dolan was an only child born to a normal family, his father seemed to possess some kind of control over light, so Dolan may have inherited his power from his father, he first discovered it when he was 8, he was making some objects float, Right now he owns a relatively successful small restaurant in a part of town, at first he seems like a cheerful person, but he's actually very cruel and selfish, he also has a habit of biting his tongue until it bleeds when he is in a bad situation, he acts normal so he doesn't have to risk being frowned down by others, he uses his powers mostly when it's a conflict, so he doesn't cause much disruption.

---
---

REKT

I'm replying in the night. I can't laugh out loud right now, dude.

"Get back here!" I quietly say to him.
I signal that I want him to come here and be quiet.

I then wait for the people walking to pass by before continuing anything.
I of course keep the trash bag in the domed camera.
After it all passes I tell my brother in crime about the current situation.

"Not yet, if it was open it would probably trigger the alarm though, I'm not sure if it's locked or not."

"Also that bag is on a camera, we should be careful around here"
As I point to the camera.

Your focus on the trash bag with gravity slowly dissipated, but it still stayed there. The effort was pretty insignificant, after all.

The man turned to you, then to the couple and moved back smoothly.

"Not yet, if it was open it would probably trigger the alarm though, I'm not sure if it's locked or not," you said.

"The alarm isn't triggered by opening the door. It's the glass we need to break later."

"Also that bag is on a camera, we should be careful around here," you said.

"Don't worry. That's the only camera outside. It's not safe going through the back either, since there's another camera looking at the door from the other side."

The man stood for a while. "Hmmph. The couple's still here. They're standing in front of the shop."

"Let's try the roof."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Mobile and i'm too lazy too copy, sorry)

"I would, but, right now, I don't want to continue..." I reply.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 11/20
---
HP: 1/20
---
Inventory:
$97

"Ah," the man said as he brought up his pistol. "Just here to kill you."
You reinforced ash, but not enough to have the bullet pierce through it and a bit into your head.
(-9 HP)
"See you never, mate."
You were barely alive. He had left the room as the world turned grey. You heard him outside.
"Yeah, Tom's dead. Where do you wanna meet?" There was a short pause. "Haysford? Yeah."
You heard him walk off.
And you were slowly dying of blood loss.

Welp. I guess I had to go through this at some point. You were probably thinking, "Finally I can advance his story-line!", right Rapyion? ... right?

Anyway. I staunch the bleeding by growing an ash clot on the wound (and into the wound, too, if I can; don't want no internal bleeding). Then I try to reach my phone and call Matt (or, if I don't have his number (I don't remember), just call the police office and ask for Matt) to tell him about what happened, tell him about the meeting at Haysford, and to call an ambulance. All of this, of course, hoping the shot didn't damage my brain or something.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I would lol if the guy shot Tom twice for good measure.

It'd actually be wasted.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It is not just any ash, but ash that I generated with my own power. If that was a problem, I would have noticed sooner already; not the first time I get wounded with my shell on. Also, calling someone is my best chance to get help; and help I need. So it's either that, or lie down and bleed to death. I might still die anyway - got a bullet in my head after all...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Not sure how you're gonna remain calm after getting a bullet in your head, your character is probably in tremendous pain, oh well, if you lie down and bleed to death it's not my fault.

Well of course Tom would be in pain; but his biography does mention him being stoic and obstinate; besides, what would you have me do? Cry out loud in agony, alerting that guy that I'm not quite dead after all and that he should come back to finish his job? Roll around and hurt my head even more?
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Mobile and i'm too lazy too copy, sorry)

It's fine.

"I would, but, right now, I don't want to continue..." I reply.

Mr. Reagul sighed.

"Mr. Sully, I know you're there."

He stepped into view, frowning with confusion.

"Could you take Ax home? I still have work to do, while you don't, I'm sure."

Mr. Sully stared at the principal before beckoning at you to follow him. He didn't say anything from the office to the teacher's lounge. He only asked to stay outside while he went in. Soon, Mr. Sully got out with his baggage of books and folders.

"Let's go."

With your help, Mr. Sully got you home. As you got out of the car, you saw a woman wearing metallic gloves with needles on each finger, running to you with a sadistic smile.

===

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 11/20
---
HP: 20/20
---
Inventory:
$97

Welp. I guess I had to go through this at some point. You were probably thinking, "Finally I can advance his story-line!", right Rapyion? ... right?

I was doing that the whole time.

Anyway. I staunch the bleeding by growing an ash clot on the wound (and into the wound, too, if I can; don't want no internal bleeding). Then I try to reach my phone and call Matt (or, if I don't have his number (I don't remember), just call the police office and ask for Matt) to tell him about what happened, tell him about the meeting at Haysford, and to call an ambulance. All of this, of course, hoping the shot didn't damage my brain or something.

You stop the bleeding, and got to your phone. Somehow, you had Matt's phone number in there. When you chatted with Matt for an hour the day his partner died, you exchanged phone numbers with him (just because plot convenience, I guess). You called him.

"Hmm? Hep?" his voice sounded raw from waking up.

You told him about what happened.

"Holy-" Matt shouted. "I'll.. I'll get to it."

It was a few minutes when you heard sirens. You were familiar with the procedures; you would answer the policemen's questions, and they would patch you up. They had a paramedic that could heal outright.

(Full HP)

You suddenly saw one of the police cars moving away. Towards Haysford. You heard someone mention the name 'Matt' before a hurricane of events happened. The ambulance and all but one police car moved out.

There were two policemen left, and one of them asked you to stay back and go back to bed. You could see the other man clearly concerned.

-----

HEPHAESTUS WHAT ARE YOU DOING????
Don't you know putting ash on your wound is gonna give you an infection or something?

He lives and breathes ash. I doubt infection could happen.

-----

---

---
---

"I think they might be the owners then, let's be careful, I suppose I can help you get to the roof, what are you planning to do exactly?"

"There's probably a hatch above. I won't really know until I see it."

"Is there any way for you to hoist me up?"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Mr. Reagul sighed.

"Mr. Sully, I know you're there."

He stepped into view, frowning with confusion.

"Could you take Ax home? I still have work to do, while you don't, I'm sure."

Mr. Sully stared at the principal before beckoning at you to follow him. He didn't say anything from the office to the teacher's lounge. He only asked to stay outside while he went in. Soon, Mr. Sully got out with his baggage of books and folders.

"Let's go."

With your help, Mr. Sully got you home. As you got out of the car, you saw a woman wearing metallic gloves with needles on each finger, running to you with a sadistic smile.

I use Ice Slide, enough to make her fall.

That would be the most realistic thing to do.

You just want another dead so you have one less person to kill :P

btw @iFool why not combine response posts and discussion in one
it's like wanting extra postcount

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

That would be the most realistic thing to do.

This RPG might be realistic, but it's not aimed to be that way here.

So I looked through the Grand reopening RPG.
I looked around and found some interesting things.

Looking through my past, aren't ya'?

A guy called Steven wanted to have gravity manipulation as his powers, but you said he could destroy the earth with and didn't let him have it, so why did you let me have it?

That was back when I was young, thought of possibilities but not the current situation.

Also the guys from before such as Zack Full-Force Elite McAllistor had "special forms", something like the embodiment of their powers, also was the Killing Madness boss or something strong though?

(Your previous RPG was bizarre btw, a guy is on a battlefield, crawls through a hole and then is in a town and gets robbed and then someone he knows the name of and doesn't recognize assaults them and a guy turns into some weird form and destroys everything, only for the guy to be teleported to an alien world were they use laser guns.)

You must see that the RPG was basically a power trip. It was focused more on combat than story, and thus something like what you said happened. Back then, Zack had really powerful abilities, but so did his enemies. Power trip on top of powerful enemies.

Here, obviously it's different. And because it's different, I only have three loyal players right now. But I cherish them. So much.

Anyways, they had special forms, will there be any of those in this RPG?

We'll see, iFool. We'll see (obviously a yes).

Axorez that was 7 hours ago.
Sum time between resp

Call me an old man who's been living in the AG2 version of this forum, but I thought there were rules against double posting. Hey, maybe the rules have changed. Who knows?

-----

---

---
---

"I suppose I can try, just stay still."

If he complies, I try to keep the black bag on the domed camera while I focus the rest of my powers on trying to make the guy levitate.

If that works, I attempt to hoist myself up by the same method.

If that doesn't work I say to him:

"Agh, Doesn't work, crouch down and jump when I tell you to."

In this method I have him prepare to jump, and when I tell him to do so, I decrease the gravity drastically, attempting to increase the height of his jump. While of course maintaining the black bag on the camera.

I also do this to myself if it works.

If not of that works I go and try to find some good old garbage can nearby, so that the guy can use it as a plataform, I then repeat method 2, if that still doesn't work I tell him:

"(Random chimp/gorilla/dog/tiger/angry/brute noise), I can't do it, we have to find another way to do that"

The first method could've worked if you were slightly stronger.

The second method worked. Too well.

He was launched too far, to the point where the couple could see him. He suppressed his shouts as he landed on the roof, safe, but no sound.

You did the same, but more controlled, and landed onto the rooftop.

"I knew it," the man said.

You saw a hatch.

===

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

I use Ice Slide, enough to make her fall.

You did make her fall. On her face.

She flicked her head up in anger only to have Ms Pearl kick her face in. She was launched backwards, flipping into the air and landing back on her face.

You felt energy tickling you inside. Your hands started to shake slightly. The woman lay on the floor with a groan as Ms Pearl came to check on you.

"Are you alright? Who's she?"

You saw tiny sparks fly at your fingertips.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

You did make her fall. On her face.

She flicked her head up in anger only to have Ms Pearl kick her face in. She was launched backwards, flipping into the air and landing back on her face.

You felt energy tickling you inside. Your hands started to shake slightly. The woman lay on the floor with a groan as Ms Pearl came to check on you.

"Are you alright? Who's she?"

You saw tiny sparks fly at your fingertips.

I raise my hand and look at it. "Seems so, but I don't know what's with my fingers. I don't know her." I reply.
(Who was Ms. Pearl again?)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Who was Ms. Pearl again?)

She was the one that drove you home that day. Page 3.

I raise my hand and look at it. "Seems so, but I don't know what's with my fingers. I don't know her." I reply.

"I'm gonna call-" Ms. Pearl said.

Your fingers started to release sparks, forcing Ms. Pearl to get away.

"Ax, what's..?"

You and Ms. Pearl saw the woman slowly getting up, and she was charged with electricity.

"Ax-!"

===

---

---
---

Cool, I'll get to be a giant goat monster.

Not really.

lolwut, no moderator or administrator cares about that stuff.
I'm not getting permabanned anytime soon.

It was kind of serious back then. Times have changed.

"What is your plan?"
"Surely if we break it down the couple will hear us."
"You can see through walls correct?"

"What is your plan-?"

"HELLO?!"

You heard a man shouting from below.

"IS ANYONE UP THERE? PLEASE GET DOWN, NOW!"

"You can see through walls correct?" you said.

"Well," the man said, ignoring the other guy. "I can sense through things, sure."

He got down and laid a finger on the floor.

"Weird that the shop has an attic. And don't worry, no cameras either."

He lifted the hatch and was surprised that he could go in. He beckoned at you to come.

"HELLO?!" the man below shouted.

Showing 376-390 of 721