ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165617
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
Level: 2
XP: 20/40
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 14/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Somewhere inside you, there was something that refused your body from burning, and specifically burning.

You thought of the meaning of life, and you felt your fingertips shaking with energy. To live, you thought.

(10 HP)

The invigorating feeling of life was gone, but you felt electricity flowing throughout you as you saw the chimera fly over you, about to shoot something.

Yes, that's right. To live. I have to, no matter how bleak the situation is!

This again? Seeing as i would be shooting electricity again at this point, i prepare to dodge and fire the electric stream.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
XP: 0/40
---
HP: 27/30
---
Inventory:
$97

You rolled to the side (oh boy another one of those Axorez moves! [pls dont hate me]) and put your hands flat on the ground. You sensed a few urns with ash and brought up what you could. You could either form one big fist or two medium-sized fists.
Regardless, you sent the fists at it faster than it could bring its hammer up.
You heard a voice coming from the undead, its source coming from the broken body yet unknown.
"C'mon, Gerth. Just let'em do what they want.."
The voice faded.
The voice from the sky, Gerth, boomed out. "Reshy! Favreu! They want to see you."
You saw two badly burned bodies popping out somewhere in the distance. They were moving towards you, but they didn't seem to be doing anything. You couldn't distinguish them, but you heard Reshy's voice.
"What?"
<I think it's a ruse,> Den thought.

<Maybe... I'm not certain. Hang on.>

I reply, "Reshy? Favreu? We need to talk". Simultaneously, I probe my senses for any indication of anything close to the light figures I saw that night in the park. I also see if I can feel a connection between the white ash (which is probably still following me around somewhere, I guess) and the burnt figures ahead.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

Yes, that's right. To live. I have to, no matter how bleak the situation is!

This again? Seeing as i would be shooting electricity again at this point, i prepare to dodge and fire the electric stream.

The electrical stream was faster, but it seemed to have no effect on the chimera other than knocking it back a few ten feet away. It only got angrier.

You saw its tail suddenly growing rapidly in length, hung back and ready to strike at you.

===

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

<Maybe... I'm not certain. Hang on.>

I reply, "Reshy? Favreu? We need to talk". Simultaneously, I probe my senses for any indication of anything close to the light figures I saw that night in the park. I also see if I can feel a connection between the white ash (which is probably still following me around somewhere, I guess) and the burnt figures ahead.

(Reshy's voice was coming from the burned bodies.)

"Talk?" Favreu said. "About what? We're dead. There's nothing to talk about."

Their voices sounded lifeless, without personality. They weren't talking with their mouths open either.

There were no silhouettes around but you did feel a few specks of white ash on your clothes. You felt a few more in Den, Polish, Paul and Josef.

There were none on Reshy and Favreu's bodies.

"Are you done?" Gerth said from above.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

(Reshy's voice was coming from the burned bodies.)
"Talk?" Favreu said. "About what? We're dead. There's nothing to talk about."
Their voices sounded lifeless, without personality. They weren't talking with their mouths open either.
There were no silhouettes around but you did feel a few specks of white ash on your clothes. You felt a few more in Den, Polish, Paul and Josef.
There were none on Reshy and Favreu's bodies.
"Are you done?" Gerth said from above.

<You were right. The cemetery is trying to trick us. Those may or may not be their corpses, but they're puppets. It must know something.>

"Nice try, Gerth. But now, would you kindly tell us what happened to Reshy and Favreu's spirits?"
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
HP: 24/30
---
Inventory:
$97

<You were right. The cemetery is trying to trick us. Those may or may not be their corpses, but they're puppets. It must know something.>

"Nice try, Gerth. But now, would you kindly tell us what happened to Reshy and Favreu's spirits?"

<Reshy and Favreu are still alive, for sure. It's just that I haven't seen them face-to-face. I've only ever talked to them when there's that white ash around.>

"Look," Gerth said. "These are the real bodies. Would you rather I bring more badly burnt ones to show them to you until you're satisfied?"

"Hephaestus," Josef said in a nervous tone. "I'm very sure those are the bodies."

You heard a slight laughter coming from your clothes. No one else heard it but you.

<And me,> Den thought. <Yes, I heard it too.>

You saw two more undead pop up as the bodies of Reshy and Favreu were pulled back to their graves.

"Now leave!" Gerth said. You had a moment to bring up part of your armour until an arrow grazed part of your shoulder.

(-3 HP)

<Archers? Piece of cake->

You saw an arrow stick out of Den's forearm.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
---
Inventory:
$17.50

The electrical stream was faster, but it seemed to have no effect on the chimera other than knocking it back a few ten feet away. It only got angrier.

You saw its tail suddenly growing rapidly in length, hung back and ready to strike at you.

(Hmm, can you set up a death for this character? I think I found a power i wanted: (high-speed)levitation)
I quickly cast an ice sword to try and cut its tail.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 1/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Hmm, can you set up a death for this character? I think I found a power i wanted: (high-speed)levitation)
I quickly cast an ice sword to try and cut its tail.

(Oh, man. Really? But you'll still stay level 2. Building up and seeing it fall only to start again is infuriating.)

(Do you also want to change your background?)

You managed to connect your ice sword with the tail only to have it crushing your when the cut tail landed.

(-13 HP)

"What are you-!" Fae said.

"Enough!" The boss said. "Go join him if you want to!"

"What?! No! NO-"

Your eyes were fluttering. Your mind was trying to decide whether to continue or rest. You saw Fae appear before your very eyes and fall next to you. The chimera noticed her and blinked to her, biting at her neck.

She choked to-

(This is the part where you decide if you want to keep the backstory.)

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
Attacks:
Ice Bolt
Frost Breath
Ice Blade
Icicles
Ice Shield
Ice Slide
Ice Slab
---
HP: 1/30
---
Inventory:
$17.50

(Oh, man. Really? But you'll still stay level 2. Building up and seeing it fall only to start again is infuriating.)

I didn't expect that.

(Do you also want to change your background?)

Yes please. I want to start as a member of a villain group this time.

You managed to connect your ice sword with the tail only to have it crushing your when the cut tail landed.

(-13 HP)

"What are you-!" Fae said.

"Enough!" The boss said. "Go join him if you want to!"

"What?! No! NO-"

Your eyes were fluttering. Your mind was trying to decide whether to continue or rest. You saw Fae appear before your very eyes and fall next to you. The chimera noticed her and blinked to her, biting at her neck.

She choked to-

(This is the part where you decide if you want to keep the backstory.)

(I want to make a new char, i didn't even expect to keep levels. So i don't. But it's an abrupt end, how do i continue?)
(Also, what was on those two's minds? Fae meddling, the boss having his subordinate killed, and the whole thing in general)

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

(I want to make a new char, i didn't even expect to keep levels. So i don't. But it's an abrupt end, how do i continue?)
(Also, what was on those two's minds? Fae meddling, the boss having his subordinate killed, and the whole thing in general)

So make a new character with a new background. Go for it.

I wouldn't want to tell you anything about them. I like to show, not tell.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I like to show, not tell.

That's usually the better writing style. IMO.
My old character(and Fae) is now dead, right?

Well, I can't remember the last time i filled a character sheet. Now i have to think of a name that isn't what i usually use in forum RPGs.

Name: Seraphim(rip bad name)
Superpower: Levitation
---
Biography: He has graduated and had a Programming degree. He is a kind-natured person. However, a series of bitter events, namely, the death of his family, his closest friends, and those he respected and sympathetize with. This turned his ideology into thinking that perhaps a non-existing world is better than this. He only does small things to reach his ideal, but then encountered a small group of four with similiar ideologies and he joined them. Being in a group allows them to reach the ideal faster. The group has everything it requires to survive and cause havoc. He always brings his rapier with him now, as he lives in the group's base. He has fencing skills and can jet quickly into places with his levitation powers, found when he almost fell into a pit.
---
---

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Seraphim
---
Biography: He has graduated and had a Programming degree. He is a kind-natured person. However, a series of bitter events, namely, the death of his family, his closest friends, and those he respected and sympathetize with. This turned his ideology into thinking that perhaps a non-existing world is better than this. He only does small things to reach his ideal, but then encountered a small group of four with similiar ideologies and he joined them. Being in a group allows them to reach the ideal faster. The group has everything it requires to survive and cause havoc. He always brings his rapier with him now, as he lives in the group's base. He has fencing skills and can jet quickly into places with his levitation powers, found when he almost fell into a pit.
---
---

(So nihilism?)

You shook your head, breaking out of a seemingly long daydream session. You were sitting in between to your partners-in-crime on a couch, talking with one another.

"So," said Yen, a 19-year-old girl who dropped out of college, "Seen that police station five minutes from here?"

"Why the hell would I care about police stations?" said Tenor, a 40-year-old divorced man.

"We can have our usual fun," said Paul Rette, a 20-year-old guy who also dropped out of college. "Bombings are trending now-"

"We don't do things for no reason, PR," Tenor said. "Just sit back and enjoy the chaos we've already caused."

In front of the couch was a television screen that showed footage of the most recent stunt that your group had done; almost half of a district was disintegrated to rubble.

"Ah, it's the freakin' news," PR said. "You know they'll give any reason to support their narrative-"

"Either way," you heard Hyper coming from the entrance, his hands convulsing wildly. "People'll be scared."

"But," Hyper said before moving out. "We've got another building to blast."

You saw Yen jumping out of the couch. "Where to?!"

"The police station."

You heard PR and Yen uttering 'Yes' as Tenor got up and stretched his arms. You and your group members put their ski masks before you heard sirens above and outside your base.

You heard a muffled voice that said, "Smoke 'em."

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

You shook your head, breaking out of a seemingly long daydream session. You were sitting in between to your partners-in-crime on a couch, talking with one another.

"So," said Yen, a 19-year-old girl who dropped out of college, "Seen that police station five minutes from here?"

"Why the hell would I care about police stations?" said Tenor, a 40-year-old divorced man.

"We can have our usual fun," said Paul Rette, a 20-year-old guy who also dropped out of college. "Bombings are trending now-"

"We don't do things for no reason, PR," Tenor said. "Just sit back and enjoy the chaos we've already caused."

In front of the couch was a television screen that showed footage of the most recent stunt that your group had done; almost half of a district was disintegrated to rubble.

"Ah, it's the freakin' news," PR said. "You know they'll give any reason to support their narrative-"

"Either way," you heard Hyper coming from the entrance, his hands convulsing wildly. "People'll be scared."

"But," Hyper said before moving out. "We've got another building to blast."

You saw Yen jumping out of the couch. "Where to?!"

"The police station."

You heard PR and Yen uttering 'Yes' as Tenor got up and stretched his arms. You and your group members put their ski masks before you heard sirens above and outside your base.

You heard a muffled voice that said, "Smoke 'em."

(Pretty much.)
(From what i saw, Yen and Paul does this for the fun. What's their powers, btw?)

I put on my mask and stretch a bit. I prepare my rapier, and head outside once at least one other goes out. I don't want to go out of a narrow corridor when i have no defensive capabilities, at least. Not first.

(inb4 the four is killed one by one. I hope i didn't jinx it)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'm so sorry I didn't answer these days! Sometimes I'm not sure what to do and I keep delaying it...

---
---
---
HP: 24/30
---
Inventory:
$97

<Reshy and Favreu are still alive, for sure. It's just that I haven't seen them face-to-face. I've only ever talked to them when there's that white ash around.>
"Look," Gerth said. "These are the real bodies. Would you rather I bring more badly burnt ones to show them to you until you're satisfied?"
"Hephaestus," Josef said in a nervous tone. "I'm very sure those are the bodies."
You heard a slight laughter coming from your clothes. No one else heard it but you.
<And me,> Den thought. <Yes, I heard it too.>
You saw two more undead pop up as the bodies of Reshy and Favreu were pulled back to their graves.
"Now leave!" Gerth said. You had a moment to bring up part of your armour until an arrow grazed part of your shoulder.
(-3 HP)
<Archers? Piece of cake->
You saw an arrow stick out of Den's forearm.

I seize control again of the ash I used to punch the bone undead only to make a thin screen veiling us from the archers.

<What do we do now? Do you have what you came here for or do we need those bodies? Now would be a good time to grab the others and make a run for it, if we're done.>
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

(Pretty much.)
(From what i saw, Yen and Paul does this for the fun. What's their powers, btw?)

I put on my mask and stretch a bit. I prepare my rapier, and head outside once at least one other goes out. I don't want to go out of a narrow corridor when i have no defensive capabilities, at least. Not first.

(inb4 the four is killed one by one. I hope i didn't jinx it)

"God-" Tenor shouted. "Flash bang!"

A high-pitched wail ran across your ears, temporarily deafening you.

You could barely hear gunshots as you saw Hyper drop to the floor with blood pooling around him.

Tenor slammed the ground and brought a wall of wood up, sitting back down and rubbing his eyes from the flash.

Tenor said something, PR went to Hyper and carried Hyper's body over his shoulder as Yen pulled Tenor in with you towards a small piece of rock in the corner. As soon as she touched it, your eyes blinked in a different room altogether.

It was a house; PR's house if you recalled correctly. It was a cheap shed somewhere in the forest.

"Those-" Tenor shouted, getting up and stepping outside.

"Wait," PR said. "Hyper's going to die."

"He can take care of himself!" Tenor shouted as he pulled you with him.

"We're going to deal with them, whether you like it or not."

Even before you had a chance to say no, Tenor had already had you burrowed into the ground with him.

"Good," he said. "You have your rapier. We'll kill 'em. For Hyper."

You and Tenor walked together in the dark tunnel that was constantly being made by him. When you came to, you were at an alley opposite your base. There stood two SWAT policemen, looking around and seemingly chatting to each other. They weren't holding guns whatsoever.

"You take the left," he said as he brought his fist up, ready to strike. "I'll take the right."

===

---
---
XP: 15/40
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$97

I'm so sorry I didn't answer these days! Sometimes I'm not sure what to do and I keep delaying it...

(Hah! No worries. I have work to do as well, so replying is sometimes a hassle. But it's fun so it balances.)

I seize control again of the ash I used to punch the bone undead only to make a thin screen veiling us from the archers.

<What do we do now? Do you have what you came here for or do we need those bodies? Now would be a good time to grab the others and make a run for it, if we're done.>

<Yeah, I think I've sorta figured it out,> Den thought as he called out to the others to gather. Den went over to Polish's unconscious wolf body and beckoned Paul and Josef over to carry him back.

The archers moved around the wall just after you left the graveyard.

Suddenly but subtly, the sky turned back to a warm orange.

<It's already late afternoon. How long have we been there?>

You turned to see nothing standing; no archers aiming at you, no dark sky.

<And no godlike voice either.>

(15 XP)

"I've got something figured out," Den said to the entire group. "But let's head back first-"

"I'm going home," Paul and Josef said at once. Paul went first.

"I'll take care of Polish," Josef said. "Don't worry about me. But don't bring me back there again, please. Hephaestus, I hope you got something out of it."

You two headed your own ways, promising to meet tomorrow. Den didn't need to know where to meet; after all he knows where you are at all times.

You went to sleep.

(Full HP)

The next morning, you woke up to gunshots from outside.

<Hey, good thing you're awake. The knife guy is back.>

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

"God-" Tenor shouted. "Flash bang!"

A high-pitched wail ran across your ears, temporarily deafening you.

You could barely hear gunshots as you saw Hyper drop to the floor with blood pooling around him.

Tenor slammed the ground and brought a wall of wood up, sitting back down and rubbing his eyes from the flash.

Tenor said something, PR went to Hyper and carried Hyper's body over his shoulder as Yen pulled Tenor in with you towards a small piece of rock in the corner. As soon as she touched it, your eyes blinked in a different room altogether.

It was a house; PR's house if you recalled correctly. It was a cheap shed somewhere in the forest.

"Those-" Tenor shouted, getting up and stepping outside.

"Wait," PR said. "Hyper's going to die."

"He can take care of himself!" Tenor shouted as he pulled you with him.

"We're going to deal with them, whether you like it or not."

Even before you had a chance to say no, Tenor had already had you burrowed into the ground with him.

"Good," he said. "You have your rapier. We'll kill 'em. For Hyper."

You and Tenor walked together in the dark tunnel that was constantly being made by him. When you came to, you were at an alley opposite your base. There stood two SWAT policemen, looking around and seemingly chatting to each other. They weren't holding guns whatsoever.

"You take the left," he said as he brought his fist up, ready to strike. "I'll take the right."

(I believe i may have jinxed it)
I hover stealthily into place, raise my rapier and hit him in his heart.
After he does his oart, i ask "What are you planning?"

Showing 571-585 of 721