ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165619
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Name: Seraphim
Sex: Male
Superpower: Levitation
---
Biography: He has graduated and had a Programming degree. He is a kind-natured person. However, a series of bitter events, namely, the death of his family, his closest friends, and those he respected and sympathetize with. This turned his ideology into thinking that perhaps a non-existing world is better than this. He only does small things to reach his ideal, but then encountered a small group of four with similiar ideologies and he joined them. Being in a group allows them to reach the ideal faster. The group has everything it requires to survive and cause havoc. He always brings his rapier with him now, as he lives in the group's base. He has fencing skills and can jet quickly into places with his levitation powers, found when he almost fell into a pit.
---
---
HP: 20/20

(I believe i may have jinxed it)
I hover stealthily into place, raise my rapier and hit him in his heart.
After he does his oart, i ask "What are you planning?"

(Aha! Maybe, maybe not.)

You cast your rapier at the left guard, taking his head instead. Tenor touched a garbage can nearby and shot a metal shard out of his other hand, catching the right guard by the throat.

"What are you planning?" You asked.

"They hurt Hyper," Tenor said. "Now I hurt them."

The both of you went across the street and towards the entrance. Upon reaching and taking cover behind the opened door, you heard a policeman walk up stairs from the basement, talking to another who sounded like a woman.

"Ugh," the man said. "Escaped."

"Oh c'mon," she replied. "They've got less places to go to now."

"Yeah-"

The man was just at the edge of the entrance when he shouted, "MAN DOWN!"

Tenor moved swiftly out of his hiding spot and grabbed him by the head, using his other hand as a metal blade and thrusting it into his belly.

You heard an "UUMPH" before you saw Tenor getting blasted away by wind.

"No!" the woman shouted angrily as she went past you.

The man tumbled down the stairs, lying in a messy pool of blood.

"There's two of you?!" the woman shouted as she brought her hands together for an attack.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

(Sorry, mobile rn. Depending on my mood i might not type it sometimes, as i think i will be more on mobile now)

(I think it's more sane to take that maybe as a yes)

I quickly fly onto her, rapier in position to stab her. I fly with the rapier stuck in her until she hits a wall, unless there's nothing behind her, in which case i take the rapier out and kick her.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: He has graduated and had a Programming degree. He is a kind-natured person. However, a series of bitter events, namely, the death of his family, his closest friends, and those he respected and sympathetize with. This turned his ideology into thinking that perhaps a non-existing world is better than this. He only does small things to reach his ideal, but then encountered a small group of four with similiar ideologies and he joined them. Being in a group allows them to reach the ideal faster. The group has everything it requires to survive and cause havoc. He always brings his rapier with him now, as he lives in the group's base. He has fencing skills and can jet quickly into places with his levitation powers, found when he almost fell into a pit.
---
---
HP: 15/20

(I think it's more sane to take that maybe as a yes)

(So, "maybe, maybe not" becomes "yes, yes not"? Haha!)

I quickly fly onto her, rapier in position to stab her. I fly with the rapier stuck in her until she hits a wall, unless there's nothing behind her, in which case i take the rapier out and kick her.

As you flew to her, she released a torrent of small wind projectiles, like a bullet without actual material. You felt a few get stuck into your body before they dissipated.

(-5 HP)

Tenor brought up a wall of tarmac and hopped back just in time to send a spike from the wall itself. The woman moved out of the way more quickly than you'd expect.

Other policemen were starting to climb up the stairs.

"You deal with her!" Tenor said as he burrowed into the ground and came up to the entrance, blocking it off.

The woman clenched her teeth and sent wind slices the length of a man at you.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
Level: 2
XP: 15/40
---
HP: 30/30
---
Inventory:
$97

<Yeah, I think I've sorta figured it out,> Den thought as he called out to the others to gather. Den went over to Polish's unconscious wolf body and beckoned Paul and Josef over to carry him back.
The archers moved around the wall just after you left the graveyard.
Suddenly but subtly, the sky turned back to a warm orange.
<It's already late afternoon. How long have we been there?>
You turned to see nothing standing; no archers aiming at you, no dark sky.
<And no godlike voice either.>
(15 XP)
"I've got something figured out," Den said to the entire group. "But let's head back first-"
"I'm going home," Paul and Josef said at once. Paul went first.
"I'll take care of Polish," Josef said. "Don't worry about me. But don't bring me back there again, please. Hephaestus, I hope you got something out of it."
You two headed your own ways, promising to meet tomorrow. Den didn't need to know where to meet; after all he knows where you are at all times.
You went to sleep.
(Full HP)
The next morning, you woke up to gunshots from outside.
<Hey, good thing you're awake. The knife guy is back.>

<So he didn't learn his lesson the first time... where is he?>

I then try to sneak around and get in the back of the knife guy.
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

(Well, you know what i meant )
I fly upwards. I fly onto her, in erratic patterns, and stab charge her after she hopefully misses. If she hasn't died by then, i stab her heart. I have stabbed hearts countless times, and it has always been the best way to kill someone.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

<So he didn't learn his lesson the first time... where is he?>

I then try to sneak around and get in the back of the knife guy.

You remembered having a back door to your really small garden; it could only fit a few pots. You went around that way-

You heard another gunshot and a shout coming from the knife guy. You ran to the side of the neighbourhood.

<I'm going to be borrowing your house for a moment. Hope you won't mind.>

You came out of the side and saw a sea of knives. You didn't notice any human figure.

<I assume you're sneaking around him? I'll help you out->

You heard another gunshot from your house.

===

---
---
---
HP: 12/20

I fly upwards. I fly onto her, in erratic patterns, and stab charge her after she hopefully misses. If she hasn't died by then, i stab her heart. I have stabbed hearts countless times, and it has always been the best way to kill someone.

You flew towards her, moving past the wind slices until you got to her. Before the rapier touched, she moved to the side and smacked her palm at you, sending a force that shook your brain a little.

(-3 HP)

"What are ya'," the woman said. "Some old fashioned fencing freak?"

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---
HP: 12/20

You flew towards her, moving past the wind slices until you got to her. Before the rapier touched, she moved to the side and smacked her palm at you, sending a force that shook your brain a little.

(-3 HP)

"What are ya'," the woman said. "Some old fashioned fencing freak?"

"You need not concern yourself about that." I reply, and hover closer and slash her. If she tries to do a wind attack, i fly upwards and try to dodge it before coming back down(hovering) and executing slashes.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You remembered having a back door to your really small garden; it could only fit a few pots. You went around that way-
You heard another gunshot and a shout coming from the knife guy. You ran to the side of the neighbourhood.
<I'm going to be borrowing your house for a moment. Hope you won't mind.>
You came out of the side and saw a sea of knives. You didn't notice any human figure.
<I assume you're sneaking around him? I'll help you out->
You heard another gunshot from your house.

I pick up a knife in each hand, grow an ash layer and sneak into the house, following the sound of the gun shot. I'll try to stab the guy if I have an opportunity, otherwise I remain silent for now.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
HP: 11/20

"You need not concern yourself about that." I reply, and hover closer and slash her. If she tries to do a wind attack, i fly upwards and try to dodge it before coming back down(hovering) and executing slashes.

You went forward for a slash (which is impractical for a rapier, but I can let it slide). She moved to the side, trying for the wind smack again. You hovered just out of her reach and began cutting away. She brought her arms up in response. Your rapier had done a number to her forearms before you were blasted off.

You heard an explosion coming from inside your base. Then afterwards, Tenor's voice as he slammed into you in the air.

(-1 HP)

"God-" Tenor shouted before a gunshot hit his shoulder. He grunted as the both of you fell. The woman shot her bloody hands up, trying to encapsulate the both of you in a bubble, hurting herself in the process.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

I pick up a knife in each hand, grow an ash layer and sneak into the house, following the sound of the gun shot. I'll try to stab the guy if I have an opportunity, otherwise I remain silent for now.

You picked up a knife in each hand and grew an ash layer-

"YOU SHOULDN'T BE TOUCHING MY KNIVES."

The sea of knives rose. You saw the same man in a set of bright yellow clothes.

"GIVE 'EM BACK-" the man said before chuckling a little. "I don't need to ask you."

The two knives were snatched out of your hands and directed towards your body. They were bent as your ash layer crumbled slightly.

The sea of knives came afterwards, twenty feet away from where you are.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You picked up a knife in each hand and grew an ash layer-
"YOU SHOULDN'T BE TOUCHING MY KNIVES."
The sea of knives rose. You saw the same man in a set of bright yellow clothes.
"GIVE 'EM BACK-" the man said before chuckling a little. "I don't need to ask you."
The two knives were snatched out of your hands and directed towards your body. They were bent as your ash layer crumbled slightly.
The sea of knives came afterwards, twenty feet away from where you are.

Oh.
Ummm.

I jump back and down into a lying position, while erecting an ashen shield, shaped like a halved cone with the point directed towards the knives, so as to try to deflect them (as blocking them frontally might not be enough).
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

Oh.
Ummm.

I jump back and down into a lying position, while erecting an ashen shield, shaped like a halved cone with the point directed towards the knives, so as to try to deflect them (as blocking them frontally might not be enough).

(Haha! Caught you off guard, didn't it?)

You launched yourself backwards and brought up an ash cone shield. You heard metal clashing at the shield, cracking and crumbling as more and more knives dug into it. A few managed to get past the shield and strike at you, but they only make your ash armour crack a bit more.

You heard another gunshot, and the knives stopped.

"You think you've got me?" the knife man said. "You can't kill me with a mere bullet."

"It got you to stop, didn't it?"

(Just for a cool moment, say if you're doing something, you were going for him while Den was talking, eh?)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

(Just for a cool moment, say if you're doing something, you were going for him while Den was talking, eh?)

I'm intrigued...

You launched yourself backwards and brought up an ash cone shield. You heard metal clashing at the shield, cracking and crumbling as more and more knives dug into it. A few managed to get past the shield and strike at you, but they only make your ash armour crack a bit more.
You heard another gunshot, and the knives stopped.
"You think you've got me?" the knife man said. "You can't kill me with a mere bullet."
"It got you to stop, didn't it?"

As soon as the knives stop hitting my shield, I loosen and reshape the cracked layer into a large hammer of hardened ash, which I grasp with both hands and attempt to swing onto the knife guy's head just as Den replies to him.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
XP: 20/40
---
---
Inventory:
$97

As soon as the knives stop hitting my shield, I loosen and reshape the cracked layer into a large hammer of hardened ash, which I grasp with both hands and attempt to swing onto the knife guy's head just as Den replies to him.

You made the hammer and swung it at the knife man's head just after he said "What do you mea-"

He splatted onto the ground. Upon further inspection (just looking closer), you saw that his neck turned a sharp 90 degrees from his body.

(5 XP)

"Woo!" Den said as he came out of your house. "Nice one."

He went over to the knife man's body and took out a wallet.

"Seems like plot convenience, don't you think?" he said as he showed the wallet to you.

Inside it, it had his driver's licence, ID card and a few dollars. And a few specks of white ash.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

You made the hammer and swung it at the knife man's head just after he said "What do you mea-"
He splatted onto the ground. Upon further inspection (just looking closer), you saw that his neck turned a sharp 90 degrees from his body.
(5 XP)
"Woo!" Den said as he came out of your house. "Nice one."
He went over to the knife man's body and took out a wallet.
"Seems like plot convenience, don't you think?" he said as he showed the wallet to you.
Inside it, it had his driver's licence, ID card and a few dollars. And a few specks of white ash.

"Well, would you look at that. So we were right about him being their new mercenary. Do you think we can get anything out of that?"
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Believe me when I say I checked this thread every day just in case it wasn't dead.

===

---
---
---
---
Inventory:
$97

"Well, would you look at that. So we were right about him being their new mercenary. Do you think we can get anything out of that?"

"Well," Den said as he gently took the ID away from you. "We can start with his place."

"And.." he said. "I don't think Reshy and Favreu are really sending mercenaries after you. They're doing something for sure.."

You saw him got into his car, and beckoned you to come.

"We're going to the knife man's apartment."

He drove just after you sat in (c'mon, you'll say yes [hopefully]). The both of you said nothing on the way, and Den was certainly blocking you out of his mind.

As the car turned to the right, you both saw a dead end, blocked by knives.

"God!" Den shouted as he stopped the car. "I thought he was dead!"

In this part of the streets, you noticed that it was very quiet.

Showing 586-600 of 721