ForumsForum GamesVote to Kick | Voting & Discussion

208 56590
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag107/Jose_Luis_Esguerra/VTK_banner_zpsz0sowaaw.jpg?t=1472737826

Voting Thread Purpose
Use this thread to discuss and vote who to kick. You don't need to vote right away, you may try persuading others to vote. If you vote, you cannot change or undo your vote. Please follow this template when voting:

@SirLegendary (tag me so I see that you casted your vote)

Voting to kick: (username)
Reason/s: (state your reason for voting this user out)

How to Play

There will be five to ten users (depending on how many sign up within 1 weeks). Every week users will vote to kick any one out of the group. The last person standing wins! How you survive depends on you and how you interact with the other members of the group. Discuss who to kick, vote, then he/she shall be kicked.

Simple sushi!

Rules

Please read carefully:

- No Flaming to get someone kicked, if you do, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Keep things in good spirit, if you don't, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Once you're kicked, you're kicked. THAT'S FINAL.
- Once you vote, you cannot change your vote.
- You may have more than one reason to vote for someone.
- This is not a popularity contest. Kick anyone.
- In the event of a draw, we will flip a coin to determine who's to be kicked out. If there are three or more users, we will roll a dice.
- If all users have voted before the round ends, the round will end.
- Once you are kicked, you cannot vote until the finals. Read the rule below.
- During the finals, all participants who have been eliminated will be called back to vote for the last kick.

Signed up!

1. @Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @armorplayergc
7. @akshobhya
8. @red303
9. @shafaet
10. @BalkanRenegades

Eliminated

End of the round results/Spreadsheet

WINNER:

• 208 Replies
shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

I'll be trying to stay as active I possibly can to avoid any accusations made against me for my inactivity Though I have a great feeling I'll be getting picked off and eliminated this round or the next one, it'll be interesting Counteracting against the reasons that are going to be brought up for getting myself and the last few players left to be eliminated.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'm tempted to make a blitz vote right now instead of making a statement like you all just did, simply to break the monotony. But then I'd get kicked, unless I can find the reason to bind them all... sooo, we debate?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

But what can we debate about? How vicious is a sponge? The Airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? What might happen if we divide by zero? The debate topics are limitless!

We could even go meta and debate about what debate topics to debate about!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

1) Sponges are very vicious. Their bodies are filled with vicious-looking spicules that some even shed to deter predators.

2) An African or a European swallow?

3) DOOM

But yeah, I get your point.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

What might happen if we divide by zero?

Fairly simple Infinite xD at least according to the limit (lim (1/x) when x -> 0 = infinite)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

3) DOOM

Doombreed: Fairly simple Infinite xD at least according to the limit (lim (1/x) when x -> 0 = infinite)

Called it. XD
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

1) Sponges are very vicious. Their bodies are filled with vicious-looking spicules that some even shed to deter predators.

Wow. You learn something new everyday. Never knew that sponges were structured like that.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So @HahiHa , when are you going to change that username?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Why? You don't like it? *stares intensely*

Hey, maybe I could use this to cause some confusion; change username, write a new About, choose a common armatar... XD

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

No really, it's not a good username It means nothing, it is too simplistic, it is complicated to write due to the combination of lowercase and uppercase letters and it is also not epic at all xD We are lucky it does not have some random numbers in the end...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It means nothing,

Not to you, anyway. It used to be my name in the game Heli Attack 3, which I used to play a lot. It didn't have any meaning then, of course. And it still has no meaning by itself. But there's a reason why I use it.

it is too simplistic, it is complicated to write due to the combination of lowercase and uppercase letters

Oh boo hoo Is it overtaxing you to write two uppercase H's? And that is only when you want to tag me; I don't mind much if you don't write it exactly as it is every time. Or write just Ha, like you started doing anyway

As for being simplistic, I think it is just right, has just the right structure, to be easily recognizable and eye-catchy ^^

and it is also not epic at all xD

Epicness is overrated. Besides, it's hard to find a truly epic username. If we use the Urban Dictionary definition, epicness is "To describe something that is so amazing that no other word is able to describe its awesomeness." By that definition, I would say that very few usernames are actually truly epic. I can't think of any username so epic it cannot be described other than by itself. Other than Gantic, I guess. Do you?

Since we're on the topic of usernames... I know why Doombreed is called that way, but what about you, @Chryosten and @shafaet ? What do your usernames mean, if you don't mind me asking?
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

The thing with me is that I never have a set username. Usually, I just dump two cool looking words together and just roll with it for a while. I then toss a number at the end, either in numerical form or text.

For my current one, it really doesn't mean anything at all. I just took a character's nickname (Ryos) and then I morphed it a bit into what I have now (Chryos). The 'ten' doesn't really mean anything, I just felt the need to slap it on there.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Is it overtaxing you to write two uppercase H's? And that is only when you want to tag me; I don't mind much if you don't write it exactly as it is every time.

I just can't be bothered to do that every time I want to tag you Would you?

Or write just Ha, like you started doing anyway

Username simplification comes to everyone. People call me Doom, Chryosten Chryos, armorplayergc ap, shafaet shaf, akshobhya aks. That happens to every single username out there, it doesn't mean that they are not complicated to write nor does it give them points, since everything can be simplified.

If we use the Urban Dictionary definition, epicness is

And if we use the wiktionary definitions, it can be either 'momentously heroic, grand in scale or in character' or simply 'extending beyond the usual or ordinary. Extraordinary, momentous, great'. Many names fit the former category and even more the latter.

Epicness is overrated.

Yes yes, say that to the guy named 'Doombreed' . Also, many epic names around, at least more epic than yours (which is not epic at all ), like UnleashedUponMankind, SirLegendary, BalkanRenegades, nichodemus, etc.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I just can't be bothered to do that every time I want to tag you Would you?

Yes, I would. It really is a trifle compared to many other usernames.

nor does it give them points,

Usernames don't award points. You're turning something into a contest that cannot and should not be one. Usernames can be something personal, and while my username is not linked to my character altogether, it still is part of my... well, of my internet history, if you want
Same with your fixation on epicness; everything cannot always be epic, otherwise epicness would lose its meaning. It already is weaker than it should be; arguably, 'epic' is a superlative of 'awesome' in colloquial language, and none of the usernames here actually struck me with awe. There are some cool usernames around, sure. But epic? I don't know if this word can be applied to usernames at all.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Usernames don't award points

I was speaking metaphorically

Yes, I would. It really is a trifle compared to many other usernames.

So is everything compared to something else. It always gets worse. So you being able to do that doesn't prove much besides, this is yet another subjective thing For me it's boring, for you it's ok, that's all there is to it

You're turning something into a contest that cannot and should not be one.

I am not. Just stating my opinion of something (which is highly subjective admittedly) due to a lack of other topics xD

Same with your fixation on epicness;

Fixation would mean I want everything to be epic. Instead, I only pointed out that your username doesn't have that quality. Kind of a straw man but that's ok Like you pointed out, even if the use of the word 'epic' is an exaggeration, there are many usernames around some are cool, others aren't.

Showing 151-165 of 208