ForumsForum GamesVote to Kick | Voting & Discussion

208 56589
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag107/Jose_Luis_Esguerra/VTK_banner_zpsz0sowaaw.jpg?t=1472737826

Voting Thread Purpose
Use this thread to discuss and vote who to kick. You don't need to vote right away, you may try persuading others to vote. If you vote, you cannot change or undo your vote. Please follow this template when voting:

@SirLegendary (tag me so I see that you casted your vote)

Voting to kick: (username)
Reason/s: (state your reason for voting this user out)

How to Play

There will be five to ten users (depending on how many sign up within 1 weeks). Every week users will vote to kick any one out of the group. The last person standing wins! How you survive depends on you and how you interact with the other members of the group. Discuss who to kick, vote, then he/she shall be kicked.

Simple sushi!

Rules

Please read carefully:

- No Flaming to get someone kicked, if you do, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Keep things in good spirit, if you don't, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Once you're kicked, you're kicked. THAT'S FINAL.
- Once you vote, you cannot change your vote.
- You may have more than one reason to vote for someone.
- This is not a popularity contest. Kick anyone.
- In the event of a draw, we will flip a coin to determine who's to be kicked out. If there are three or more users, we will roll a dice.
- If all users have voted before the round ends, the round will end.
- Once you are kicked, you cannot vote until the finals. Read the rule below.
- During the finals, all participants who have been eliminated will be called back to vote for the last kick.

Signed up!

1. @Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @armorplayergc
7. @akshobhya
8. @red303
9. @shafaet
10. @BalkanRenegades

Eliminated

End of the round results/Spreadsheet

WINNER:

• 208 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

From the last week, no. At least I could have been summoned because I was being talked about there. Though I am interested in participation, things have hindered me.

Look, it's fairly simple. If someone wants to @ summon you here, fair enough, it's his choice, you get summoned and you have even fewer excuses if you fail to show up. If no one considered @ summoning you here though, it's still your responsibility to check the thread and reply. No one @ summoned me here ever aside from Legend, not even in the middle of my exams, yet I still managed to check the thread consistently. HahiHa and Chryos, they probably go through some busy weeks in their personal lives too. So aside from you, literally everyone else either checked the thread consistently OR did not randomly vote someone 'because [he] could' either.

And oh please, checking the forums is not "MINDLESS".

Yet that's what you seem to be doing. By 'mindless' I mean checking Page 1 of the FG without thinking anything further, only participating in the FG you like that show up there. So you did not think to search this particular forum game to participate, you only participated to the FG of the 1st page.

I remember that in some other FG you said that you were having holidays for some time.

Unless you can link back to me saying that, I dismiss that statement completely, because even I could not find a post where I say anything like that. The closest it gets is my response to HahiHa (which I've linked above) in which I say that exams will be over at the end of September and that's when I will have a bit more time in my hands. Other than that I have never suggested that we have holidays here.

Check everything else? I got time to post in the FGs just yesterday. Until then it was 1-5 posts in 2 days. And I have not got time to play a game since August 30th to be precise. So, which part of my activity was not hindered?

So 1 - 5 posts every 2 days by your own admission, participation in the Adventure Pals Armatar contest, participation in the previous ASC round. This was your activity during the last month. Sorry but I don't find it believable that you did not have enough time to even check this thread. (the gaming part cannot be measured. Unless if you are directly saying that you are playing exclusively games with quests, you could have played any game during that timeframe. All I can see is that you have not earned any quests since August the 29th, which is not an accurate indicator of your gaming activity.)

Even if it was valid, even if it was very obvious that you were held up due to many important things in real life, remember, I am not judging you for your activity. I am accusing you for randomly voting someone just because you could. Like I've stated twice in my previous post, not being particularly active is something I respect far more than randomly voting right before the deadline. You've said you understand that.

Time my friend does not wait for me. Just because I voted in the last round does not mean I have all the time in the world to prepare.

Then just don't vote. This is what I am arguing for here. Even if I accept that you did not have enough time to browse through the thread (which I don't for the parts of your activity that I've linked), you did not look for valid reasons to vote someone. You did not want to be labelled as 'inactive' and get kicked either so you tried to hastily avoid that by voting the first person that came to mind -_-

Even as I type, I am losing time. I am so very particular about this exam because it is extremely important to me. So I don't even expect that you seem to understand.

(see my points above) Everyone is busy. No one else did what you did -_-

So, why am I not entitled to one?

(see above). Because everyone else is busy too. No one else needed it.

Just a summon would have not cost anyone anything and could have atleast informed me before I checked out the discussion

The "cost" as you put it is irrelevant, whether someone wants to summon you or not is entirely up to them. You cannot expect to be summoned. If you wanted a reminder you could have, I don't know, write it down in a post-it note, or add a reminder to your phone or whatever

Okay. Sure.

I rest my case...

How did I respond according to you?

Inadequately so far but at least you responded. That is important for me and I think for the ones watching this discussion too

I never said you said so. All I suggested is that-shouldn't that be considered so along with...

Then I am not sure I get your point. You are semi-active in this thread (something you have accepted but tried to justify so far), you did try to vote someone randomly, so that's my whole point. What are you trying to say with this? o.O

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Look, it's fairly simple. If someone wants to @ summon you here, fair enough, it's his choice, you get summoned and you have even fewer excuses if you fail to show up. If no one considered @ summoning you here though, it's still your responsibility to check the thread and reply. No one @ summoned me here ever aside from Legend, not even in the middle of my exams, yet I still managed to check the thread consistently. HahiHa and Chryos, they probably go through some busy weeks in their personal lives too. So aside from you, literally everyone else either checked the thread consistently OR did not randomly vote someone 'because [he] could' either.

So you admit you were summoned by SL. Just because you managed to check the threaddoes not mean I have the time too. And your I ask that you take back your statement that I did not check this thread consistently. It was just from the previous week. If others are busy and check the thread consistently, where are they now?

Yet that's what you seem to be doing. By 'mindless' I mean checking Page 1 of the FG without thinking anything further, only participating in the FG you like that show up there. So you did not think to search this particular forum game to participate, you only participated to the FG of the 1st page.

Just because I did that for a few days in the last week gives you NO right to call me mindless.

So 1 - 5 posts every 2 days by your own admission, participation in the Adventure Pals Armatar contest, participation in the previous ASC round. This was your activity during the last month. Sorry but I don't find it believable that you did not have enough time to even check this thread. (the gaming part cannot be measured. Unless if you are directly saying that you are playing exclusively games with quests, you could have played any game during that timeframe. All I can see is that you have not earned any quests since August the 29th, which is not an accurate indicator of your gaming activity.)

All these were in August. Where have I said I was not active in August? It is October now. Please mind that. And if you are believing me, I have not played any game since a month on AG to my bad luck.

you did not look for valid reasons to vote someone.

Look back for except once. if you find more than 1, give me a link.

No one else needed it.

At that point of time I needed it. If everyone else is busy I am no reason for that. But for in my case, I need to be dutiful to it and if you don't respect my decision to not be active for a while and devote time for studies, I don't care. That is your opinion and let it stand thus. But try to find a reason to respect mine.

Then I am not sure I get your point. You are semi-active in this thread (something you have accepted but tried to justify so far), you did try to vote someone randomly, so that's my whole point. What are you trying to say with this? o.O

I agreed that I voted randomly last round. What does anyone else seeing this discussion want to say?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

*facepalm*

So you admit you were summoned by SL

You've got to be kidding me with that sentence. Who did NOT get summoned by Legend? Legend summons EVERYONE at the start of EVERY round -_- That's what I mean when I say that no one else @ summoned me. Practically, I was not @ summoned any more than you, yet you feel that we should have summoned you for some reason.

Just because you managed to check the threaddoes not mean I have the time too.

It was an example. But not only you DO have the time to check (mind: I am referring to 'checking' and posting only if need be. You could make a small post at least, do not deny it. If you keep denying it, I will have to prove it using some heavy guns ), you didn't check and voted someone randomly. Voting someone randomly is where I draw the line personally. You could have been inactive for the whole game but kicking someone 'because [you] could' is not a reason to kick at all.

And your I ask that you take back your statement that I did not check this thread consistently.

Are you kidding me!? In literally the previous sentence, you said you do not have enough time to check the threads! And now you are asking me to take back my statement that you did not check them!? How is this logical? o.O

If others are busy and check the thread consistently, where are they now?

That I do not know. But again, I am NOT (read: not) accusing you of being inactive or not checking the thread. I am accusing you of voting someone randomly without reason -_-

Just because I did that for a few days in the last week gives you NO right to call me mindless.

I never called you mindless. I hypothesized that you might have been mindlessly checking the threads and then specified what exactly I mean with the word 'mindlessly', which is very different. Stop with all the straw men.

All these were in August. Where have I said I was not active in August?

Alright, you had it coming. Here is what you posted to justify yourself in round 2, after you failed to show up for round 1. Wanna guess when that was? that's right, 1 month ago. The armatar and Artwork entries of yours date back 20 and 25 days ago respectively.

You see, this right here is exactly the problem. You've been playing the 'Busy' card ever since the beginning of this game. And if you need any more proof that I rolled with it, believed you and was absolutely fine with it, look at my previous votes. I had never voted for you any time, even though you were inactive at the first round. I am now accusing you of randomly voting for another user, NOT for being inactive.

Look back for except once. if you find more than 1, give me a link.

Straw man (again). You are suggesting that I said you did it more than once. I never said that. I am focusing on the ONE time you did it, we are both referring to that.

At that point of time I needed it. If everyone else is busy I am no reason for that. But for in my case, I need to be dutiful to it and if you don't respect my decision to not be active for a while and devote time for studies, I don't care. That is your opinion and let it stand thus. But try to find a reason to respect mine.

I am ignoring the last bit, because for the last time, I honestly do not care how busy you are and did not accuse you of being busy. I am going to vote you (probably) for randomly voting one other user without a reason. Are you intentionally ignoring my point?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If others are busy and check the thread consistently, where are they now?

Lurking around. Sneaking.

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQFWhW997HHoOZsK_rem02tfOigoJOXTpIttcs9DlGUn-3eEnCXgg&sp=5ad758aa6c7953950f4c330ad40fb0e3
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Lurking around. Sneaking.

What do you make of this then?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It's very entertaining seeing you two arguing.

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft3.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQXA-cS_9GK3kR_Uv0enj_0Igv3D1_u60YQFhvKTKbdexTGxTQb&sp=001105cf7ec803b7aff6ed6c4215a1b5

Admittedly, @ summoning someone when directly addressing him/her is usually a good thing if you want that person to reply soon. As such, it may be helpful even doing it in here. On the other hand, this is a forum game that simply requires a certain amount of time spent in it, and if you don't have the time, you should not be surprised if the other candidates will use that against you. Especially if you do spend time filling your usual quota of short posts in multiple other forum games. *hint**hint**nudge**nudge*

Now, you made it clear this isn't what you blame akshobhya for - even though you did mention his semi-activeness in the same sentence as his random voting, so you shouldn't act like you never cared about that I think I understand why you prefer no vote to a random vote, although I would tend to disagree. Of course a random vote with a flimsy reasoning at best is kind of a pity in such a forum game; but it sure is better than skipping your vote. You are allowed to vote to kick someone for virtually any reason, and although some creativity and/or consistency would be preferable and more enjoyable, not voting is not playing.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

@SirLegendary

Voting: akshobhya
Reason: Considering the fact that he has exams coming up (which he deems important) I feel like voting him out just to have one less burden on him. It's also to make sure he studies and not fail it (hopefully).

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

You've made some interesting points, so let me respond

Now, you made it clear this isn't what you blame akshobhya for - even though you did mention his semi-activeness in the same sentence as his random voting, so you shouldn't act like you never cared about that

Like I've stated in the previous post, I am referring solely to what he did in the previous round. That case exclusively. This should help prevent us from misunderstanding each other. Now, I mentioned his semi-activeness in my second post in this round, you are right. However, that's because it is connected with the part I actually blame him for. Semi-activity is something I could and do justify in every other case (at least from the ones I've seen so far ), but in this case, it most definitely feels like some desperate move. So, in short, I mentioned it only to the extent it is connected with my actual point - which is voting someone 'just because [he] could' xD Add in the inability to see how busy he is with all the other factors in place, and you can see why I said "I honestly don't care how busy [he is]". It's because how busy he is does not seem to affect his activity in the forums. So you are right to point that out, it needs to be separated. I may not care how busy he is, but I do care about how active he is. But only to the extent that this activity ties with my main point.

I think I understand why you prefer no vote to a random vote, although I would tend to disagree. Of course a random vote with a flimsy reasoning at best is kind of a pity in such a forum game; but it sure is better than skipping your vote. You are allowed to vote to kick someone for virtually any reason, and although some creativity and/or consistency would be preferable and more enjoyable, not voting is not playing.

Like you said, there are plenty of random reasons one could vote anyone for. And in the case of shafaet, there were some reasonable ones too (like making a point about his inactivity in certain rounds.). However, there is a difference between voting for a reason and voting for no reason. akshobhya in the previous round voted shafaet for no reason, since the literal reason posted was 'because we can kick anyone'. Like we've discussed in round 2, I would understand some irrationality in such a game under certain circumstances and I may have even approved some of it (like the Yu-Gi-Oh! reason we've talked about ). However this case is not only a type of voting that can in no way be justified (at least that's the way I feel), but also, it comes from a user whose activity and justification for said activity is questionable

You are allowed to vote to kick someone for virtually any reason, and although some creativity and/or consistency would be preferable and more enjoyable, not voting is not playing.

One could argue here that not voting during a specific round might have been tactical, to see how players would respond or play ignorant later on to shift the way arguments would work towards that player. The only time not voting really counts as not playing at all is if someone does not vote or participate at all during a series of rounds. And while you can virtually kick anyone for any reason, this really does not feel like a reasonable, humorous, emotional, or any kind of reason that can sway anyone. So the reasoning provided sure falls into the 'any' category, but it is not creative, not enjoyable, not logical, and especially in a case where all of the above could have easily been produced.

shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry for my in-activity throughout this round and the last round since I wasn't able to participate in all the arguments revolving around me and few other users, but I still won't be putting out any excuses to it saying "Oh, you need to understand, I was 'BUSY' so I couldn't reply" or "I was having my tests! so all your points are invalid and I can stay inactive for as long as I want!" considering the fact that a lot of other users in this thread are busy with their personal life as-well and I'm not the only one with a heavy schedule of RL.

Now getting to the accusations made against me, I voted against @akshobhya not because he said I've been inactive in this thread, not because he said I'm irrational, but because WHEN HE DID VOTE TO KICK ME, He stated "We can kick anyone" and RANDOMLY picked me to vote against, had he been inactive in Armor games and the forums entirely as well, I would have no problem, in-fact I wouldn't even bother if he's inactive since I understand that people may have been having a busy life because of their tests, festivals etc which comes first and takes a greater priority than having to reply to a Forum Game thread. Though in his case, what he did was take participation in other forum game threads, come online to AG every now and then to reply to other threads but ignore this one, and then suddenly jump in at the last minute to vote randomly against me.

Now, as Doombreed has already mentioned some of these, @akshobhya failed to defend himself and came up with illogical excuses such as first stating that he had not been able to stay active in the forums because of his busy life, and then jumping on to telling Doombreed that he should take back his statement about @akshobhya not being able to check on this thread consistently.
I would say these are enough reasons for getting akshobhya kicked out in this round.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Considering the fact that he has exams coming up (which he deems important) I feel like voting him out just to have one less burden on him. It's also to make sure he studies and not fail it (hopefully).

I lol'd

@SirLegendary

Voting to kick: akshobhya
Reasons: For randomly choosing to vote shafaet without any reason other than 'because [he] could'. For agreeing that he did that but not providing any valid justification for that action, reasonable or otherwise. For wrongly and inconsistently trying to defend his activity when that particular action of his was challenged and also for using straw man arguments, suggesting that I said he voted just because he could more than once during the game, for example.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Signed Up:

1. @/Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @/MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @/armorplayergc
7. @akshobhya
8. @/red303
9. @shafaet
10. @/BalkanRenegades

Last votes?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@SirLegendary
Voting to kick: Chryosten
Reason: For putting more thought into his reasons than most of us, at least in the last two rounds. I'm using this inconsequential vote (it's clear at this point who will be kicked) to acknowledge him as serious competition and give justice to his original ideas. This won't do, I can't have that

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Announcement

It has been 7 days.

Eliminated: @akshobhya

The spread sheet is in the OP.

Let the next round begin!

Signed Up:

1. @/Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @/MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @/armorplayergc
7. @/akshobhya
8. @/red303
9. @shafaet
10. @/BalkanRenegades

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

So it's just three power players and one guy left. I think we might have a dark horse here.

Anyway, not going to vote yet unless I find a fitting reason as to why.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Which is going to be somewhat tough, seeing as no one does anything incriminating... Looks like we might have to turn to irrational reasons for this one unless we want to kick one randomly

Showing 136-150 of 208