ForumsForum GamesVote to Kick | Voting & Discussion

208 56564
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag107/Jose_Luis_Esguerra/VTK_banner_zpsz0sowaaw.jpg?t=1472737826

Voting Thread Purpose
Use this thread to discuss and vote who to kick. You don't need to vote right away, you may try persuading others to vote. If you vote, you cannot change or undo your vote. Please follow this template when voting:

@SirLegendary (tag me so I see that you casted your vote)

Voting to kick: (username)
Reason/s: (state your reason for voting this user out)

How to Play

There will be five to ten users (depending on how many sign up within 1 weeks). Every week users will vote to kick any one out of the group. The last person standing wins! How you survive depends on you and how you interact with the other members of the group. Discuss who to kick, vote, then he/she shall be kicked.

Simple sushi!

Rules

Please read carefully:

- No Flaming to get someone kicked, if you do, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Keep things in good spirit, if you don't, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Once you're kicked, you're kicked. THAT'S FINAL.
- Once you vote, you cannot change your vote.
- You may have more than one reason to vote for someone.
- This is not a popularity contest. Kick anyone.
- In the event of a draw, we will flip a coin to determine who's to be kicked out. If there are three or more users, we will roll a dice.
- If all users have voted before the round ends, the round will end.
- Once you are kicked, you cannot vote until the finals. Read the rule below.
- During the finals, all participants who have been eliminated will be called back to vote for the last kick.

Signed up!

1. @Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @armorplayergc
7. @akshobhya
8. @red303
9. @shafaet
10. @BalkanRenegades

Eliminated

End of the round results/Spreadsheet

WINNER:

• 208 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

He just voted to kick someone for voting to kick someone.

While ap posted an invalid reason indeed, let's not forget that Chryos admitted to voting Devoidless just because "everyone else did". That kind of attitude would make him a bad player in this game. I am simply not voting because neither I, nor anyone I know was the same person 5 years ago. So it's a safe bet he changed too and can now provide some fairly valid reasoning for his actions

Thanks to Doom, it has been revealed that HahiHa has conspired with several mods/admins and users to get rid of Devoidless along with several other mods in his long term plan to get mod position and furthermore get admin position.

And you helped him -_- Possibly unwittingly but you did.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Also, excuse the double post, I just realized I have not responded to @Chryosten 's post in the previous page

Also, I doubt anyone was aware of Gantic's shenanigans at the time.

He was A MOD, that created a thread, in which he urged users to vote to fire A MOD. Do you need to know of Gantic and his business to realize something is fishy?

I should mention that I don't think anyone took that seriously. After all, who even lets the community vote for which mod to fire?

Some did

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

@Doombreed

Mind control magic. For anyone who was active in the forums at the time and hasn't voted at the time he manipulated us to vote for Devoidless. And to make sure it couldn't be tied to him, he purposely made some vote for random mods just to throw off the scent a little.

As for the belief that some people believed the mod voting to be real, I'm pretty sure they were reacting to the fact that Devoidless would punish them for voting to kick him out. Originally, they thought it was something silly at first but they changed when Devoidless 'became an admin' and decided to 'punish' the voters who voted against him.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Mind control magic. For anyone who was active in the forums at the time and hasn't voted at the time he manipulated us to vote for Devoidless. And to make sure it couldn't be tied to him, he purposely made some vote for random mods just to throw off the scent a little.

Ha didn't have anywhere near that amount of influence back then. I was there for a small part of 2011 andi f I had to bet if he was there or not, I would say no xD Now granted, I mostly spent time in the Forum Games back then, but still, from quick looks while browsing through the other forums, I never noticed him

As for the belief that some people believed the mod voting to be real, I'm pretty sure they were reacting to the fact that Devoidless would punish them for voting to kick him out. Originally, they thought it was something silly at first but they changed when Devoidless 'became an admin' and decided to 'punish' the voters who voted against him.

Like Zophia noted here, you can claim anything after the hoax, and assume literally everything, but the inevitable truth about pranks is that without hard evidence to prove you knew this was a joke, you are for all intents and purposes counted among those who were fooled I was being generous in assuming that some users did not buy it xD Not many provided proof they didn't and I've looked into most 2011 AFD threads

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

@SirLegendary

Voting to kick: shafaet.
Reason: Because this is not a popularity contest. We can kick anyone!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

While ap posted an invalid reason indeed, let's not forget that Chryos admitted to voting Devoidless just because "everyone else did".

Not as much invalid as hypocritical, in that case. Also, I agree with your argument; voting just because everybody did is not particularly glorious. However, ap made no mention of this in his reason. His reason is unambiguous: kick Chryos because he voted Devoidless in 2011. Not because he followed the masses. Given this, I consider that my vote makes perfect sense.

Ha didn't have anywhere near that amount of influence back then. I was there for a small part of 2011 andi f I had to bet if he was there or not, I would say no xD Now granted, I mostly spent time in the Forum Games back then, but still, from quick looks while browsing through the other forums, I never noticed him

I must have been sticking to the WEPR at the time. Did you check the various theist vs atheist threads? Or maybe the Haiku contest was already a thing then. Otherwise, it's true I didn't visit a lot of forum sections.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

However, ap made no mention of this in his reason. His reason is unambiguous: kick Chryos because he voted Devoidless in 2011. Not because he followed the masses. Given this, I consider that my vote makes perfect sense.

Exactly. I think he messed up on posting a reason in his attempt to hurry up and vote before the deadline

I must have been sticking to the WEPR at the time. Did you check the various theist vs atheist threads?

Old Habits die hard then? heheh. No I did not check WEPR that much. That's true. So you were probably there, but I only tried a limited to enter that forum sub a limited amount of times, especially back then, when I could not even understand most of the arguments posted xD That could explain why I did not notice you. I do remember some users from that time though (Sonatavarius, Excalibur 45 or something, knight_34, Goumas13, Maverick4, firetail_madness of course and the list goes on ), some of them were not even particularly prominent. So my assumption is that I was unlucky enough not to notice you during my temporary ventures in the WEPR. And you were not a name I singled out either

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Announcement

It has been 7 days.

Eliminated: @armorplayergc

The spread sheet is in the OP.

Let the next round begin!

Signed Up:

1. @/Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @/MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @/armorplayergc
7. @akshobhya
8. @/red303
9. @shafaet
10. @/BalkanRenegades

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This is you pretty much admitting that there is no reason and you are voting randomly -_-

shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

Voting to kick: shafaet.

This is you pretty much admitting that there is no reason and you are voting randomly -_-

This impatient and rash action of yours is what might put you up in the list of being the next person to get kicked out, and as few players of this "Vote to kick" game have already mentioned that this is a discussion game and we should be coming up with a valid and a good reason for why we're choosing to kick that specified player out of the game.

shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

@SirLegendary

Voting: akshobhya
Reason: For randomly trying to vote me out despite being told several times for not being so rash about you're decision on who you're going to be kicking.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Also, he has not yet responded. Not only is he semi-active in this game, but also he randomly tries to get people kicked... I think unless he comes up with good counter-arguments, it's him I am voting for this round.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

This impatient and rash action of yours

Please don't get me wrong. First of all, I was not at all impatient. And I never intended to be rash to anyone. If you felt so, I extend my apology.

why we're choosing

You need to understand that no one is choosing who is getting kicked.

despite being told several times

Who told? Please give a link.

Also, he has not yet responded.

Nobody even summoned me and this thread was pushed into the 2nd page.

Not only is he semi-active in this game

Doom, this part of the year is not holiday time as in your place. It is a time of a festival (Navaratri) and following it, we have mid-term examinations from the weekend. So, festivities and exam preparations run parallel. I am stuck between them and without a summon how can I even know I need to reply here? Please do understand that these are serious exams and decide the promotion to the next academic year. So, I feel the semi-active thing is justified.

but also he randomly tries to get people kicked

How many times have I done that except in the last round? Please check back the earlier pages and you will find your answer there.

it's him I am voting for this round.

Voting for anyone is completely your wish. But what is the need to openly state that? So, you are trying to convince others to vote me out is it? Because as shafaet said -

this is a discussion game
I thought there must be some discussion taking place rather than persuading others to follow you and your path.

Just to bring to the limelight, Shafaet did not even vote last round. And what is it to be considered as?

semi-active
or (and I quote from the same person from page 3)
Didn't vote to kick anyone on this thread [...]let alone drop in a reply.
So, can't we even expect a reply even after a summon by the GM? Shouldn't that be called as "semi-active?"
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Nobody even summoned me and this thread was pushed into the 2nd page.

So you weren't even checking beyond page 1? Why do we need to summon you? as an *active* player, your job, just like ours is to be interested enough to check it yourself, not just mindlessly check the first page and wait until it is brought up

Doom, this part of the year is not holiday time as in your place.

Explain to me how you jumped into the conclusion that it is holiday time here -_-. Quite the opposite, the whole September I had exams and right when that ended, college started.

It is a time of a festival (Navaratri) and following it, we have mid-term examinations from the weekend.

Marvelous. Yet you found enough time to check everything else right? No other part of your activity was hindered.

So, festivities and exam preparations run parallel. I am stuck between them and without a summon how can I even know I need to reply here? Please do understand that these are serious exams and decide the promotion to the next academic year.

You can know it by checking the thread. The threads you are supposed to check, like I explained, are not determined by the FG pages. No one else needed a specific @ invite just for them, so why are you entitled to one?

As for the importance of your exams, there can be a million reasons but none of the whole 'exams' thing seems to have affected you enough to skip voting the previous round. I would respect not voting if you did not know who to vote far more than voting just to vote, without any real reason...

How many times have I done that except in the last round? Please check back the earlier pages and you will find your answer there.

Yes because one time is not enough. You should do that more times -_-

Voting for anyone is completely your wish. But what is the need to openly state that? So, you are trying to convince others to vote me out is it? Because as shafaet said -

I thought there must be some discussion taking place rather than persuading others to follow you and your path.

Yup, and as you can see, I did not vote for you yet. I wanted to see how you would respond first. If I was dead set on just persuading others to follow me on voting then I would have voted immediately.

Just to bring to the limelight, Shafaet did not even vote last round. And what is it to be considered as semi-active?

I never said shafaet is NOT semi-active. He indeed did not vote for 2 rounds. But like I said before, at least he did not vote randomly "just because he could" (because that was literally the reason you posted.). I respect that far more than randomly voting a person.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

So you weren't even checking beyond page 1? Why do we need to summon you? as an *active* player, your job, just like ours is to be interested enough to check it yourself, not just mindlessly check the first page and wait until it is brought up

From the last week, no. Atleast I could have been summoned because I was being talked about there. Though I am interested in participation, things have hindered me. And oh please, checking the forums is not "MINDLESS".

Explain to me how you jumped into the conclusion that it is holiday time here -_-. Quite the opposite, the whole September I had exams and right when that ended, college started.

I remember that in some other FG you said that you were having holidays for some time.

Marvelous. Yet you found enough time to check everything else right? No other part of your activity was hindered.

Check everything else? I got time to post in the FGs just yesterday. Until then it was 1-5 posts in 2 days. And I have not got time to play a game since August 30th to be precise. So, which part of my activity was not hindered?

You can know it by checking the thread. The threads you are supposed to check, like I explained, are not determined by the FG pages. No one else needed a specific @ invite just for them, so why are you entitled to one?

As for the importance of your exams, there can be a million reasons but none of the whole 'exams' thing seems to have affected you enough to skip voting the previous round. I would respect not voting if you did not know who to vote far more than voting just to vote, without any real reason...

Time my friend does not wait for me. Just because I voted in the last round does not mean I have all the time in the world to prepare. Even as I type, I am losing time. I am so very particular about this exam because it is extremely important to me. So I don't even expect that you seem to understand.
So, why am I not entitled to one? Just a summon would have not cost anyone anything and could have atleast informed me before I checked out the discussion. As I already said, time is my major constraint. So, a summon does not seem to be of help according to you?

You should do that more times -_-

Okay. Sure.

I wanted to see how you would respond first.

How did I respond according to you?

I never said shafaet is NOT semi-active

I never said you said so. All I suggested is that-shouldn't that be considered so along with

Didn't vote to kick anyone on this thread [...]let alone drop in a reply.

I respect that far more than randomly voting a person.

I understand and respect your opinion.

Showing 121-135 of 208