ForumsForum GamesI dunno a title for this but it's basically alternate history

150 38640
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Hello. This is a game about Alternate history. the game starts at 1700 AD.

Every one of my posts is 1 year.

You can choose to join England, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Austria, or Prussia.

There can be multiple people in the same country

You are not from the future. The tech is 1700 tech. However, you can make advances on said 1700 tech, then advances on that. Only one Advance per turn. No double posting. There is an edit button.
The first person to apply for one country is that said country's leader.

Year:1700
Wars:None
England:
France:
Spain:
Netherlands:
Austria:
Prussia:

This is not an RPG. You do not have to put a card down. That's my job.

• 150 Replies
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Year:1709
Wars:Anglo-Spanish War
Alliances: UKE
England: shaefaet (King)
France: Last4Skull (King)
Spain: HahiHa (King), mamibo (Prime Minister)
Netherlands: armorplayergc (King)
Austria: Razorlash (King), Alp_Ehni
Prussia: MattEmAngel (King), magix008 (Royal Advisor), theironone (soldier)
Sweden:
Denmark:

I would like to join the prussian army, i would be the intellectual son of the royal advisor

K. also, don't triple post :P

MY SON, you decided to join the army!
His Majesty, I swear he'll provide good service for us, he's not very good in combat but can be a tactical strategist and help with the development of machines and such.
Radzin, my dear friend, I see you finally made it to the top!
I'm glad that my "essence" was of help in the tactical field, and i hope you'll share with all the countries in the United Kingdom of Europa your "energy drink"!
I shall suggest a horse farming system where the weak ones, not fit for the battle, get used for the distribution of the potion. I know it's brutal, but if we have to kill the horses for it, then let's try avoiding the battle-ready ones.
Also I'll start developing a way to make strong metals more light so that our battle horses can be defensively alright when entering the battlefield, without getting tired quickly from the weight

NO TRIPLE POSTING!!!! anyway, your horses are 2 times stronger than they were before

(I'm surprised no one has made guns yet)

Will3 I was talking about better materials, I will invest time on animal biology finding their weakness and make them stronger by studying them

Oh, okay, well, you find this material that no one has found before and it is named after you and is called Lastskullium.

"Your Magesty, you have ignored my last letter altogether, and it's been a year. I understand you decided to spare my humble life, and I am grateful for that.
But I have an important question. Do you happen to know who Jorje Servantes is? Because I sense something malevolent about the "disappearance" of that man.
Long Live The King!"
"Horse farming, my fellow ingeneer... A brilliant idea. Some horses are only good enough to eat, anyway. We will only do that during wars, though.
Considering the war. Our resourses are running low. The war has exhausted us. We need England to finally accept our peace treaty. But both my King and the english one act as if they don't know people are dying. Could you influence MattEmAngel to try and talk the English king into surrender?"
, and
"I saw that too, but the English King has not made a move in a very long time... he seems to be reluctant to attack, maybe the war's already coming to an end? I think if 1 or 2 more years pass with absolutely nothing happening on the English side, we should call this a retreat and consider us the winners. I say this hoping that the English King sees this and tells us if he wants peace, or he wants to continue this senseless war. Let's hope for the best, and pray God for his blessing"

So you two are asking England to surrender... not sure if that will work

So in these times of war, I decided to make a feast !!! Everyone can join in let's just have fun in this strange world !
I'll join happily to your feast, hoping His Majesty the King and my son will join me. It'll be a chance to finally meet all of the United Kingdom of Europa participants!
Let us wait for everyone to finally gather. We kinda need all the players here. Thus we can discuss all the matters considering the future of our world.

YAAAY food and friendship! XD

Meanwhile, I gather all the troops that remained in Spain near the border of Portugal. It is time to conquer all of the Iberian Peninsula. I send an ultimatum to the King of Portugal to swear fealty to me, or else

The war in Portugal was quick, and in just a year you capture Lisbon

(Everything else was you guys talking to each other)

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

I saw someone at the party , He's Looking of a Fugitive ?

"Your Majesty. I would like you to keep an eye on him. It might be Garrotto's assasin {we don't know it's Medeiros, okay} or even Jorje! I will come in person to settle this within a week {actually, tomorrow after university XD}. Jorje is a potentially dangerous person, and, perhaps, a skilled murderer!"

You find the odd man from the party dead in the backyard with his throat slit and a note in his mouth:

"From Beyond.
Dear kings, ministers and other swine. I am gladly awaiting your gathering at this party. I have something to tell you.
Seeker of Ultimate Freedom
Jorje Servantes

p.s the dead man was indeed connected with the attempt on Garrotto's life, but does it matter now?
I just wanted you to notice him..."

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

My King! Everybody we tried to interrogate considering this weird murder claimed they had never heard of J. S., even the people who presumably had voted for him during the elections! Absurdity! What are we to do?

"Take the people who voted for him and get the truth out of them. Forcibly, if need be. We cannot let this affront to the Crown go unpunished. "

I shall attend the feast instead of you and try to establish good connections with leaders of other countries.

"Splendid idea! We knew it was a good thing to let you live."

The war in Portugal was quick, and in just a year you capture Lisbon

Ah, how I love it when conque- unification goes so swift May I rename the new kingdom including Spain and Portugal to "Iberia"?

Now that Portugal was made the newest province of Iberia, I send my troops onward to Gibraltar and have them cross over to Morocco. Here again, I send an ultimatum, or else.

As for tech, I research a kind of early steam-powered tank for my Morocco campaign.
Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

Iberia sounds nice in my opinion hahaha !

I decided to doing research on what happen during the feast, and help Spain in their research about steam powered tank by adding the last4skullium mineral !

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Year:1710
England: shaefaet (King)
France: Last4Skull (King)
Iberia: HahiHa (King), mamibo (Prime Minister)
Netherlands: armorplayergc (King)
Austria: Razorlash (King), Alp_Ehni
Prussia: MattEmAngel (King), magix008 (Royal Advisor), theironone (soldier)
Sweden:
Denmark:

YAAY a decade has gone by

May I rename the new kingdom including Spain and Portugal to "Iberia"?
Now that Portugal was made the newest province of Iberia, I send my troops onward to Gibraltar and have them cross over to Morocco. Here again, I send an ultimatum, or else.
As for tech, I research a kind of early steam-powered tank for my Morocco campaign.

1.yes 2. they deny, and the conque- unification is as quick as the Portugal campaign 3.Yay tanks, also, France lends the last4skullium mineral and makes the tanks 2 times as fast.

I decided to doing research on what happen during the feast, and help Spain in their research about steam powered tank by adding the last4skullium mineral !

you lend Spain (everything after "France lends the" in my response to Spain)

again, everything else is you guys talking to eachother

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

All right, we'll start tagging people.

Interactions
Letter to the King of England @shafaet
"Iberia will hereby resume the siege on Swansea and consider the Britons enemies until His Majesty the King of England either capitulates or opens diplomatic talks involving all allied kingdoms currently not involved in the hostilities. Alternatively, Our wrath may be appeased by the unconditional surrender of Wales. In that case, the hostilities would immediately cease and Wales be integrated into the prosperous Kingdom of Iberia, with Our solemn oath that the rest of England shall henceforth be considered enemies no more. "

Actions

• I give orders to my troops in Morocco to establish permanent barracks in the city of Tangier. For now I need resources for the England campaign and I cannot stretch our country's resources thin on two fronts. I order the soldiers to help restructure and build up the country so as to sustain the troops and maybe even yield more resources.
  • I give orders to my troops in Wales to resume the siege of Swansea. I also send a few more of Europe's best battleships to counter the British marine.

Tech

• I research irrigation so as to develop agriculture further in Morocco, giving enough food for both the people and my troops.
Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

@Hahiha Maybe my research on purification of the water could help you about irrigation stuff !

I will find a way to improve the last4skullium mineral like purifying by adding Gold dust.

@MattEmAngel your sword will surely be a good thing because we found a dead man lying on the ground , maybe you can help us to tracking down the murderer ?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@Last4Skull The quality of the water is not so important for irrigation right now, but as a supply for clean drinking water it would help a lot!

magix008
magix008
14 posts
Peasant

@MattEmAngel Your majesty, i think some misunderstandings happened between us... All the things I said in your absence (except the horse armor, i take my responsibility on that) were just suggestions, and I was waiting for your approval.
Also you've been away for one year [one day in real life is technically a year so], I had to keep things together. And about the horse armor, now our horses can carry lightweight armor that is sturdy as heavy steam powered machines' plating! We have an army of lightning fast, loyal and resistant horses in our arsenal now!
The United Kingdom of Europa is just another name for SUPREME, which in my humble opinion was a little more fitting, but who am I to judge, I suggested Sploof as a name for an international war alliance...
And about the murder in France, I don't know about that, it's kind of bizarre to ask help for a single man murdered in these times of war... I'd suggest to leave their own business untouched, but the final decision must be made by you, Sir.

I'm afraid to inform you that my son realized that the army does not suit him, too much of a sensible person for matters of this weight... He told me he declined his role of Personal Bodyguard...
( @will3 this actually means that my friend @Theironone decided to leave the game for personal matters, too much of a "slow paste" game for him... you can remove him from the daily updates, he'll not be playing with us anymore)

Also I ask to the King of Spain @HahiHa, or his Prime Minister @mamibo, if, since we're in a military alliance together, we can borrow and use your strategic advances (automatic crossbows and the defensive blades thingy) and utilize them for our army, if my King agrees.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Prime Minister @mamibo
I suggest selling the automated crossbow technology to Prussia, but not the copper infantry traps. The latter are like mines, effective but very 'dirty' (in fact your predecessor built them almost as torture devices). Such technology shall not be spread further.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

@Last4Skull Shall the feast begin then?

" @magix008 .
The beaty of the automatic crossbow technology is the fact that the resin required to craft its flaming arrows can only be extracted from rare pines, endemic to the south of Spain. We can share the blueprints, of course, and ship the ammunition separately.
The traps are pretty simple, but the secret of their efficiency is the speed of their production. What you really need here is the blueprint for the secret (really secret!) portable trap-producing machine. You just load iron scraps into it, that's it! I'll show it to you at the feast. Are you coming, dear friend? Because I am."

" @HahiHa ,
Your Majesty.
I have tortured three people to death. Please don't make me do that again.
Nobody showed any signs of deceit. Nobody actually knows who that criminal was.
By God, what is happening. I'll go to the feast and see for myself.
Ultimate Freedom, he wrote... That reminds me of something... Budhism?
If he is a living person, made of flesh and blood, I'll catch him and make him pay!
Radzin."

Radzin comes to the feast. He is eccentric, merry, and has a funny accent.
"Indeed. Why are we here anyway?"

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

My king, you've ninja'd me, and I can't edit anymore. Now, okay, I'll sell it, and the traps... Welp, I brought the machine to the feast :/ Your letter didn't reach me cause I was on my way.

magix008
magix008
14 posts
Peasant

@mamibo Don't worry dear friend, now that I think about it, those traps are far too inhuman, if your King told you not to show them to me, than so let it be.
Yes, i am indeed attending the feast, we'll see each other there.

(also didn't @mamibo suggest that we''ll never develop gunpowder and fire-arms just for fun? I mean everybody would've already done that, I was restraining from doing that ^^)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Theoretically, gunpowder, cannons and stuff like that already exist. The game is based on 1700 tech, after all. We just never improved it.

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Year:1711
England: @shafaet (King)
France: @Last4Skull (King)
Iberia: @HahiHa (King), @mamibo (Prime Minister)
Netherlands: @armorplayergc (King)
Austria: @Razorlash (King), @Alp_Ehni
Prussia: MattEmAngel (King), @magix008 (Royal Advisor), @theironone (soldier)

I join the feast, with my Royal Adviser (who is now a bit more aware of his rank) and the Royal Adviser's son-who-is-also-a-soldier, who I have promoted to Personal Bodyguard. Also I will wear my sword, because kings can do that and I hate going out without my sword.

YAY more food and more friendship

Letter to the King of England @shafaet
"Iberia will hereby resume the siege on Swansea and consider the Britons enemies until His Majesty the King of England either capitulates or opens diplomatic talks involving all allied kingdoms currently not involved in the hostilities. Alternatively, Our wrath may be appeased by the unconditional surrender of Wales. In that case, the hostilities would immediately cease and Wales be integrated into the prosperous Kingdom of Iberia, with Our solemn oath that the rest of England shall henceforth be considered enemies no more. "

The siege of Swansea continues

I give orders to my troops in Morocco to establish permanent barracks in the city of Tangier. For now I need resources for the England campaign and I cannot stretch our country's resources thin on two fronts. I order the soldiers to help restructure and build up the country so as to sustain the troops and maybe even yield more resources.

as the barracks is being built the guy with the blueprints is assassinated and the blueprints are stolen

I research irrigation so as to develop agriculture further in Morocco, giving enough food for both the people and my troops.

you feed the people and your troops... but... this causes a ... revolt... in Morocco

You add gold dust to the last4skullium... but... ! It makes a chemical reaction and it creates some sort of acid. It is named Skullic Acid

(also didn't @mamibo suggest that we''ll never develop gunpowder and fire-arms just for fun? I mean everybody would've already done that, I was restraining from doing that ^^)

I don't care what you develop in tech as long as you are improving on soneting and you don't do multiple improvement at the same time

(Again, everything else was you guys talking to eachother)

Showing 106-120 of 150