ForumsForum GamesModern Day: War and Peace

101 31199
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Hello, and welcome to my second real life nation scenario forum game! This time with an actual name XD. But,(as you can see from the title) this time, its not alternate history, but instead present day/possible future!

You can choose to join UK, France, USA, Russia, Germany, India, or China. There can be multiple people in the same country. The first person to apply for one country is that said country's leader. The others that join the same country will have to specify their role in the government. The tech is today's tech. However, you can make advances on said tech, then advances on that. Only one Advance per turn. No double posting. There is an edit button.

Month/Year:March 2017
Wars: ISIS invasion of Syria, Kurdistan, and Iraq; Ukranian Civil War
Alliances: North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Collective Security Treaty Organization, Peninsula State Force
UK:
France:
USA:
Russia:
Germany:
India:
China:

I will tell you the situation you are in when you choose a country.

Again, This is not an RPG. You do not have to put a card down. That's my job.

• 101 Replies
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Due to SomeRandom's godmodding, I set up a prison system.

Month/Year:April 2017
Alliances: NATO, CSTO, PSF
UK: @Saiyoku (Queen), @Boofuss (Royal Advisor), @Angelnewbie (Relative of the Queen)
France:
USA: The_Marine (President)
Russia: @mamibo (President), kalisenpai (General)
Germany: @armorplayergc (President)
India:
China:
Prison: @SomeRandomStickboy (2 posts)

Okay, although I'm actually part of the western countries, I'm gonna (try to) help Denis. Russia for me! Shall I be the Leader of the Russian Army? (although Putin (Denis) would always be my boss XD)

With the terrorists in ISIS invading Kurdistan Syria and Iraq, and the EU sanctioning you for liberating the Russian minority in Ukraine, there is definitely tension in the world. What will you do?

UK Would like to join the European Union once more.
We refuse to be a lonely island isolated from the world, and most importantly, our allies.

the UK rejoins the EU, as joining is a 80% pass

Hey there, my new prime minister!

Alright,

"With all the tension hanging in the world, I must make a decision considering the new politics our country is going to follow. But before I do, several things have to be clarified.
First. We are not fighting in Ukraine, and even if we were, so what? Ukraine is Russia's prodigal son, and of course we want him back. This is why we took Crimea, in the first place. But you should understand us too: our people (Ukrainians) are dying by the hands of neo-nazis in there! And Nazism is and will always be, our enemy, say what you will.
Same goes for all former Soviet republics.
Second. We are not after world domination. We just want to live on our land and prosper. Without you attempting to conquer us, which you did so many times.
Third, we are into economical, political and other interactions, but judging by the sanctions, you aren't.

Now. Our people are tired, and we have other things to do, so we are quitting the Syrian war for good.
But, I will announce it just now and don't pretend I din't: Ukraine will be ours. Because it is ours. Because we can't let our people suffer in there after the orange mess you made.

<...>

Also, we want friendship with the EU, please reconsider your harsh attitude."

Vladimir Putin

The tensions are slowly being relieved... could this see to a unification of NATO and CSTO?

Nuke everyone. Nobody wins. Everyone dies.

=o=... =.= seriously? god-modding? Off to the newly made world prison you go!

(I'll be controlling countries that aren't playable.)
Greece, overloaded from debt, made a referendum to leave the European Union.

Leave: 78.2%
Stay: 21.8%

Greece leaves the EU

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

As the UK came back to the EU, I schedule a meeting with the Greek Prime Minister, in which we're going to talk about their debt, and I'll try to convince Greece to go back to the EU.

I also give some tax incentives to attract technology companies to Germany

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Month/Year: May 2017
UK: @Saiyoku (Queen), @Boofuss (Royal Advisor), @Angelnewbie (Relative of the Queen)
France:
USA: The_Marine (President)
Russia: @mamibo (President), kalisenpai (General)
India:
China:
Prison: @SomeRandomStickboy (2 posts)

As the UK came back to the EU, I schedule a meeting with the Greek Prime Minister, in which we're going to talk about their debt, and I'll try to convince Greece to go back to the EU.

I also give some tax incentives to attract technology companies to Germany

All attempts at bringing back Greece fail, although the Prime Minister of Greece seems to be stressed about something...
The technology companies find out a way to grow plants in a vacuum, meaning that astronauts can survive in space longer.
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

Shall we stablish a diplomatic relatioship with Greece? They could be a really valuable ally due to its fronteirs with Turkey. Mr. President? @mamibo

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

I believe so. We could rely on the bond our common Orthodox religion provides.

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

As for UK, we'd like to advance our technologies. We shall live long and prosper. To progress is our wish, and we hope to progress towards a bright future. Best regards.

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Month/Year: May 2017
France:
USA: @The_Marine (President)
Russia: @mamibo (President), @kalisenpai (General)
India:
China:
Prison:

Shall we establish a diplomatic relationship with Greece? They could be a really valuable ally due to its frontiers with Turkey. Mr. President? @mamibo

I believe so. We could rely on the bond our common Orthodox religion provides.

Greece has a referendum to leave NATO...
Stay: 26.2%
Leave: 73.8%

Greece then has a referendum to join CSTO.
Join: 53.1%
Do not: 46.9%

Greece leaves NATO, and joins CSTO.

As for UK, we'd like to advance our technologies. We shall live long and prosper. To progress is our wish, and we hope to progress towards a bright future. Best regards.

You find a way to warp space-time. There are many uses to this. Which use will you use?

Greece is starting to be ripped apart...

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I reduce the taxes paid by the automotive industry in Germany as an attempt to bring more industries and factories to this country. less taxes = cheaper products, cheaper products = people buy more, people buying more = more money to be earned

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Month/Year: June 2017
Wars: ISIS invasion of Syria, Kurdistan, and Iraq; Ukranian Civil War, Greek Civil War
France:
USA: @The_Marine (President)
Russia: @mamibo (President), @kalisenpai (General)
India:
China:
Prison:

I reduce the taxes paid by the automotive industry in Germany as an attempt to bring more industries and factories to this country. less taxes = cheaper products, cheaper products = people buy more, people buying more = more money to be earned

Although this works on paper, the taxes have to go somewhere, and they end up going on to the middle class/poor. so the middle class/poor can afford less.

Therefore doing absolutely nothing.

Greece breaks out into civil war!

In Thessaly, Athens, The islands, and Sparta are the original Greece, still loyal to democracy and is still in CSTO.
In South Epirus, Greek Macedonia, and Greek Thrace, is a neo-nazi Greece, called Golden Dawn.
Because of this, democratic Greece has called out to its allies to help it in its civil war.
mamibo and kalisenpai, what will you do?

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

I would send troops to Greece, in order to defeat Golden Dawn. We are bound to win: our soldiers are strong and we have the best weapons and strategists. We should control or ally Greece so to have control over the people (ISIS included) that enter Europe via Turkey.
Our troops are ready to part and help Democratic Greece. What is your decision, Mr. President? @mamibo

AClSllXVlll
AClSllXVlll
741 posts
Blacksmith

A new challenger approaches!

I shall join China as its godly Emperor. Ring me in, Will!

Boofuss
Boofuss
265 posts
Peasant

Your Majesty, I do believe that your leadership has so far led England and her subjects forward in a very positive direction! Erm, perhaps Her Majesty would like to elaborate on this "warping space time" to alleviate any fear or rumour mongering among Her loyal subjects?

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Instead of trying to "capture" Greece and cause more trouble to that country, I will let Turkey join the EU, as it is also in the "Middle East-Europe" route... that is, if a majority of the 27 EU leaders (including myself) agree

K4R45U
K4R45U
5 posts
Peasant

I'll join the godly Emperor AClS, as his general

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

I as the Queen shall arrange a meeting with my people in our prosperous city of London to talk about our discoveries. We shall arrange our guards to secure the travel. Discovery of space-time warping is a great advancement that we have made, and it shall be glorified for now...

The lovely people of UK shall use our newly-found powers to develop more in space-travel and shall discover more of the newly-found TRAPPIST-1 system. The Earth has already been dominated, and we shall spread the beauty of our United Kingdom further.

There is no need to hide our motives from our people. What we do, they have the right to know, for it involves everybody's future. We are UK, we are one. We must not be distant to our people, and our people shall not be distant to us.

Showing 16-30 of 101