ForumsWEPRWho Was Worse, Hitler Or Stalin?

69 13157
Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Who do you think was worse? I would have to say Hitler because he almost killed a whole 3 countries worthy of Jews. And the countries would have been the size of New North Carolina.

• 69 Replies
Bellness
Bellness
32 posts
Nomad

hitler is talked about more... i dont realy know what stalin did to be honest, all i know about him is that he was russian so im gona have to say...
HAI HITLER!

no offence to anyone

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

I've done extensive research into both characters, and without a doubt I'd pick Stalin. In terms of number of people killed, and in brutality.

Hitler has been linked to about 12 million deaths, Stalin is about 23 million. When we include WWII, don't forget that Hitler and Stalin were allies to start the war. Both sides invaded Poland, thus Stalin is just as responsible for every death in the war along with Hitler. Stalin ordered that his soldiers rape German women in front of their families. Stalin ordered that any soldier retreating should be shot on site. No official number can be formulated, but in Stalingrad alone, about 20,000 Soviet soldiers were killed for retreating.

Let's look at genocide. Hitler's Holocaust killed 12 million people over the 13 years he was in power. In a lesser known genocide, Stalin had Ukranians starved to death because they were wealthy land-owners which went against Communist doctrine. 7-8 million Ukrainians starved to death in 9 months! (WARNING, very disturbing pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor )

Stalin's prison camps conducted human experimentation just like Hitler's. They were just as brutal and terrible as well.

The main reason we make Hitler much more evil is because he lost the war. It is very true that the winner tell the story. The Soviets won WWII. 75% of the battles in the European theatre were between Russia and Germany. 80% of all casualties in the entire war were between Russia and Germany. The Americans slightly hastened the end of the war, the Soviets won it though. Thus, Stalin was seen as a hero.

Yes, his brutality was known, but the extent of it was not. By the end of his rule, it was thought 1 million were killed. But in the 1980's, when archives were opened, the real numbers were shown. But that was 40 years after Stalin's death, thus not a big deal was made of it. To this day, Stalin is not seen as a villain due to his victory in WWII. But the truth is that he was so much more brutal that Hitler.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

The **** above is meant to be "r.a.p.e."

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

OMG from what the list man said Stalin is way worse. i mean r.ape women in front of their families!!

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

hitler killed millions of jews stalin was a communist idiot liek all communists there is no way to prove to everyone who was worse but soem choices are obvious

Jalex
Jalex
23 posts
Nomad

I would say that Hitler was worse because he killed so many innocent lives just to try a crazy task, take over the world.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

were germans and russians at war with each other or hand is hands?

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

@shermzx
first they were hand and hand but then hitler attacked them breaking the Nazi-Soviet peace agreement launching them into war

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@Jalex, did you know that Stalin actually killed MORE people? Hitler did kill alot, but I believe Stalin beat him by millions. Stalin was just a bit.....less famous.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

more like crazy

drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

Definitely Hitler. It was only because of Stalins Idiocy that we even won the war.

erm you do realise in the second world war hitler actually sent stalin to russia or was it in the first he sent him..hmm cant remember
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

i still think the whole genocide thing was more messed up

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@drainslug-

erm you do realise in the second world war hitler actually sent stalin to russia or was it in the first he sent him..hmm cant remember

In World War 1, Kaiser Wilhelm sent Lenin, Stalin, and Trotsky to Russia from their exile to overthrow the Russian government , effectively removing them from the War.

@Xantos-
Hitler killed off the basis of ethnicity Stalin killed off the basis of socio-economic status, slaughtering millions of peasants.
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Hitler killed off the basis of ethnicity Stalin killed off the basis of socio-economic status, slaughtering millions of peasants.

Exactly. However, I wanted to point out that Stalin didn't program extermination of the koulaks. He just sent them off to the goulags and they died of starvation or because they were exhausted. His aim was not to destroy them as a group of "inferior beings". Hitler programmed massive extermination of the Jews; his only aim, after 1942, was to kill as many people as possible...

I therefore think that even if Stalin did send more people to their deaths, Hitler was probably the most evil of the 2.
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

@Calm
exactly what i meant

Showing 16-30 of 69