ForumsWEPRGod - Aliens

35 5403
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

There is something that kind of amazes me. There are many people who believe there is someone "up there" however they can't believe there are aliens. I am not saying to stop believing in your God or whatever you follow. I am just saying that a lot of people don't think aliens could be possible.

Out of curiosity, post which one/or both you believe in. Also, state your reason why.

• 35 Replies
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

God if there were aliens they would have ate our brain or whatever horro movies say we have had this discussion a little bit in Christianity vs. Atheism

sushihair
sushihair
153 posts
Nomad

Aliens,definetly,Becuase (not to offend anyone) there is more proof torward Aliens that they're real than God

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I see your point TR. I was actually thinking that a big ago from the animal rights topic. One guy said to me he doesn't "believe" in aliens, yet I am sure that he is Christian.

Why is it harder for people to believe that it is very likely there is another solar system in a similar place as earth to the sun that might sustain life? Yet, it very easy for them to believe that some supernatural being exists that watches their every move.

Peculiar world we live in...

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

God and Alians are two different things.....I personally do believe that there are alians up there.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Faith is a funny thing when it comes to people. I, myself, have no blind faith in anything. Which is why I am Agnostic.

Plus, there is no proof that aliens do not exist, so what gives?

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Well, I completely believe in God, all the time, at any cost. Which is why I believe there could be another race out in the universe (I.E. Aliens). God created the universe, so I don't see why he couldn't have created a race other than the humans...

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Why is it harder for people to believe that it is very likely there is another solar system in a similar place as earth to the sun that might sustain life? Yet, it very easy for them to believe that some supernatural being exists that watches their every move.

You caught right onto my point. Like I said, it is fine to believe in a God but we only believe in it based on a book. I just find it odd that we will follow a book more than scientific evidence.
d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

I dont think God would lie to us about there not being aliens. I think he would have told us something. I also dont see any signs of alien existence either.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

By questioned the Bible, you mean like the horrible Da Vinci Code movie? Don't even get me started on that horrible adaptation.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Plus, there is no proof that aliens do not exist, so what gives?

I blame Hollywood for this. They make aliens seem like these unbelievable creatures so many people think they are supposed to look like that. After thinking about it, they believe nothing could ever be like that.

Also, I don't believe Hollywood has ever questioned the bible. I may be wrong since I am only 15.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I think right now communication would be very hard, but certainly our minds and technology is endless. Maybe one day...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Oh, very true. There are a few movies out there that question the Bible, but Hollywood is all about pleasing the masses.

Check this out:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

By questioned the Bible, you mean like the horrible Da Vinci Code movie? Don't even get me started on that horrible adaptation.

There is one but it was poorly done. There have been so many movies that make fun of aliens though. They show them as weird creatures like in MIB and so. Not to mention all of the movies like Octopus and such back in the early-mid 1950s.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

That is true about the Bible, I will say that I do love some of proverbs of Jesus. He was a smart fellow!

On communication, I don't think we currently have the knowledge to even think about it. There are so many unknowns about space and technology. It could be something wild like worm holes.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Oh, very true. There are a few movies out there that question the Bible, but Hollywood is all about pleasing the masses.

I have seen that zeitgeist movie before. Also, Hollywood wants to show what more people would watch. Would they watch a documentary that actually shows aliens could be real or a movie where an alien kills a bunch of people? I think the answer is pretty obvious.
Showing 1-15 of 35