ForumsWEPRGeorge W. Bush

76 14992
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

do u agree with me that he is the worst president ever?

• 76 Replies
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I clearly don't like him, he's a lair and rude person. He told us he would stop the war and he didn't. I think :PP

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@god_of_classic_rock-

What I say next will show my position on wether or not I like Bush. If a gunman, assassinated Bush... I would want to thank him in person for the wonderful job he's done for the USA.

Charles Guiteau, President Garfield's assassin asked those who benefited politically from the assassination to contribute to his defense fund; he didn't get any takers...

@Xantos- He is a great man for 'honoring' the Constitution and civil liberties, fighting a 'just' war in Iraq resulting in the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, and his 'excellent' job regarding Hurricane Katrina? Hmmm...

@Crimson- there are many president's who are possibly the worst. Buchanan, Johnson, Grant, Harding, Hoover, some say Nixon, and Bush. Also, the blame for the Great Depression should not be laid solely on Hoover's back; the preceding presidents, Harding and Coolidge, had similar policies; also I would blame the Depression on the national bank, buying on margin, and high-tariff policies which were started well before his term, not that the Hawley-Smoot tariff he enacted after the crash was a good idea.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Didn't Democrats have the house'ncongress or whatever his 2nd term?

WHY do you hate bush?

I'm tired of the drive-by-media telling kids whats right and wrong..

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Bush is alright but its funny what he does making dumb jokes and fun of him self

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

I was born in 1970. I was 10 in 1980. Since I was 10, there has been Reagan, Bush-41, Clinton, and Bush-43. Despite this, I also distinctly remember Nixon, Ford, and Carter, as well.

Douglas Adams of "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series of books wrote this about the job of president:

The job of the president is not to wield power, instead, it is to distract attention away from it.

Our nation swings on a pendulum between the two parties. We get sick of one and clamor to the other.

The Bush-43 administration had help winning the 2000 election by unconstitutional means. The Supreme Court had no business ruling on it, according to the Constitution, the Congress should have taken it up. Bush may still have won, but deviating from legal procedure indicates something was not legitimate about the process. Also, the Secretary of State for Florida was chair of that state's Bush election committee, a clear conflict of interests (similarly, when the 2004 elections came down to a "swing state," the Secretary-of-State for Ohio was chair of that State's Bush re-election committee.

Bush-43 did not do enough to prevent 9/11 despite credible intelligence from multiple sources that an attack was imminent. It does not matter who came before him, it matters that it was permitted to occur 9 months into his watch.

He has used the 9/11 attacks to spend more money than we have, running up our national debt with countries like China (albeing, he did have help from a mostly complacent Congress). Despite all the security measures that have been put into place since 9/11, we are no safer than we were before the attacks. The fact that we have had no more attacks since then is a testament not to the foresight and vigilence of the Bush Administration, but to the complex difficulties in pulling another such attack off.

His administration has justified the weakening of our civil liberties and has permitted abuses of executive power under the guise of "national security." We have been cowed into sacrificing our freedoms for the illusion of security, and we shall get exactly what we deserve as a result.

Our invasion of the soveriegn nation of Iraq on false pretenses has cost the lives of over 3,000 of our servicemen and women, and countless thousands of lives of Iraqis. We sent our military to invade Iraq with inadequate preparation, equipment, and the necessary skills to sustain a long-term occupation. It is a failure of the Bush leadership to learn anything from Vietnam (because none of the key members of the administration ever served there).

This administration also created more bureaucratic layers to government, both increasing taxpayer costs to maintain, and creating the communications SNAFU that led to the Hurricane Katrina disaster.

The Bush-43 administration
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

@necromancer
So you expect him to handle everything perfectly and somehow make eveerything work like it should which isn't humanly possible he is doing the best he can which to some isn't good enough but to me it is.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

i think he's awful.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

tanstaafl28: Amen. A more insightful, honest, and accurate comment, there has not been on this topic. Well done.

To MsterXantos: George Bush's best is not good enough for our country. Do you really think a sub-par presidents best effort is good enough the United States of America? Shame on you. He was a C student for chirsts sakes. A C student may be good enough to run the Sportiing Goods Department at Wal-Mart but not the country!

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

@dizzyk
school does not matter when you are running a nation what matters is when you do the right thing and also the war was passed by congress so obviously they didn't mind it and i am a supporter of the war it is a war for democracy so even they may live without constant fear.

indianaford
indianaford
10 posts
Nomad

President Bush is a terrible president. People always say Clinton was. He had a bad personal life, with the cheating and such, but he wasn't that bad of a president.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I don't see why he started the war in Iraq. There was no point to that.

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Actually Iraq started the war with us. Are all of you forgetting 911? He's a good man but he made some bad decisions. And Bill Clintons personal life was screwed up my him.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

The terrorists started the war don't blame Iraq because they are Muslim

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Sorry the Taliban started it.

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

@dizzyk
Albert Einstein had a C in math. And his teacher tried to put him in special ed. But look at him now. Also GWB graduated an Ivy league college with a 3.8. Maybe he had a awkward year.

Showing 46-60 of 76