ForumsSupport ForumHeightened Merit Standards

66 12586
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

We have been getting a lot of complaints lately about people not getting merits for their comments. This is not necessarily because we have not seen them, but because we have heightened our standards of what constitutes a merit worthy comment. We have put our standards into some guidelines, so that you guys can see what we look for in a merit:

1) Perfect or near perfect grammar. Remember to use capitalization and proper spelling.
2) Structured - try to give some flow and structure to what you are writing. Don't just around from topic to topic.
3) Comprehensive, and with unique insight into the game that we somehow deem to be valuable.
4) Coherent. A lot of reviews that follow the recommended template become an exercise unto itself i.e. they don't really make sense when you actually read them. They sometimes even contradict themselves. These sort of comments don't get merits. Just because it is long, does not mean it will get a merit. It has to make sense too.
5) Contains constructive criticism of the game. Tell us the changes that you would make to the game, and why. What do you approve of? What don't you like?
6) Do not ask for a merit. Chances are, if you have to ask for a merit, you will not get one. It highly reduces your chances of receiving one, and makes us sad every time you ask

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
For further hints and tips, check out the N&N and Greg Merit Guide. But remember to always follow the guidelines listed above.

• 66 Replies
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

glad the standards went up. because wow... of course this comment wouldnt be merit worthy because i dont have perfect or near perfect capitalization and grammar. clearly this comment is completely indistinguishable.

its sharing feelings on a flash game. its not freshman english

Vitamins
Vitamins
141 posts
Nomad

Thanks, now I know what to do for a merit!

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

I find that writing them in Microsoft Word helps me out a lot when I am writing merits. Just a suggestion.

asherlee you say you use microsoft word for getting some merits on a game site? LMAO i think merits got really "important" lol but still a good tipp
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

All of these aren't a problem for me but thank you for informing the community/forums about this and its great to have a reminder to post good comments that don't contain profanity's or rude/offensive material also so everyone knows I do flag those kinds of comments and you should always watch what you say to another person, it can be hurtful and can lead to other things we don't want to happen =) (also you could be banned, no-one wants to get banned, words can be hurtful and devastating and you can never take those things back once you say them) and thanks again Carlie for posting this. ^.^

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

thx heaps

evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

could the comment eaven be negative? like still have good grammar and all the rest but we don't have to make it sound perfec to recieve a merit or?

12345aaw
12345aaw
1 posts
Nomad

Great job with this post! I was just wondering of how you could get a merit, because I am very new here!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

could the comment eaven be negative? like still have good grammar and all the rest but we don't have to make it sound perfec to recieve a merit or?

Yes, you do not necessarily have to like the game. But please don't be mean about it ;-) Constructive criticism is encouraged, and if you didn't like the game, explain why. Say what changes you would make, etc.
kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

its harder to get merits lol and suddenly its easier to me? LOL well i have to gice carlie credit...she explained everything or else i would be still at 3 i still think we should get 30 or 50 points for merits since it got harder to get them and most people do not try because its hard and you can get the same amount of points witn normal non spamm comments well i got 22 points while bigbowola532 got 1 merit means i was ALMOST as good as him without spamming a bit weird that why i think we should get more points for merits, this would also raise the hopes of every member and we would maybe have less spammers because more users would put more work into merits just a suggestion and we do not have to do it i mean we get enough points for merits..........................

ktwngr
ktwngr
179 posts
Nomad

Thanks! That was really helpful. It would certainly be easier if we had spell check on the site! LOL! Most of my comments seem to just about fit the criteria so i will have to kepp trying. Thanks again.

MasterKainIV
MasterKainIV
18 posts
Nomad

lol cabal i play that

rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

Wow I hope they don't get anymore stricter or else it will be really hard to get one

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Wow I hope they don't get anymore stricter or else it will be really hard to get one

That's the point ;-) they aren't supposed to be easy to get!
Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

I though Kog quit?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, he didn't...

btw I'm finding it very hard to earn merits and the moderators don't seem to be as active!

Showing 31-45 of 66