ForumsSupport ForumHeightened Merit Standards

66 12585
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

We have been getting a lot of complaints lately about people not getting merits for their comments. This is not necessarily because we have not seen them, but because we have heightened our standards of what constitutes a merit worthy comment. We have put our standards into some guidelines, so that you guys can see what we look for in a merit:

1) Perfect or near perfect grammar. Remember to use capitalization and proper spelling.
2) Structured - try to give some flow and structure to what you are writing. Don't just around from topic to topic.
3) Comprehensive, and with unique insight into the game that we somehow deem to be valuable.
4) Coherent. A lot of reviews that follow the recommended template become an exercise unto itself i.e. they don't really make sense when you actually read them. They sometimes even contradict themselves. These sort of comments don't get merits. Just because it is long, does not mean it will get a merit. It has to make sense too.
5) Contains constructive criticism of the game. Tell us the changes that you would make to the game, and why. What do you approve of? What don't you like?
6) Do not ask for a merit. Chances are, if you have to ask for a merit, you will not get one. It highly reduces your chances of receiving one, and makes us sad every time you ask

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
For further hints and tips, check out the N&N and Greg Merit Guide. But remember to always follow the guidelines listed above.

• 66 Replies
thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

I find that writing them in Microsoft Word helps me out a lot when I am writing merits. Just a suggestion.

Thank you asherlee, for telling us that. I have done it a few times and found it very helpful.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Wow I hope they don't get anymore stricter or else it will be really hard to get one

wow i hope they dont get any more stricter or it will be really hard to get on (-_-)

True but you dont have to copy posts!
rhys1219
rhys1219
82 posts
Nomad

Arghhh burnley4eva really needs to stop repeating my messages he has done this many times

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

I used to be able to get them really easy.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Thanks, now I am going to try for a merit and follow these standards.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

Did you specifically heighten the standards recently? Or are you just making another reminder to people that merits need thought and spelling and all of that good stuff? Maybe both.
Because I got my first merit about 2 months ago and thought to myself, that was easy!" So I started writing longer and more structured comments and got me 2 more. Then I wrote about 5 comments in an honest attempt to get merits out of them and got none. This could be why.

IPwnGamezz
IPwnGamezz
209 posts
Nomad

ty for the info , this will help all users to understand more

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I got three.......thats it. I tryed about 5 more times...and nothing.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

You'll get them eventually. I wrote good reviews for ragdoll cannon 2 and Amorphous Plus about three days ago and didn't get merits for them until today.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Ever since these standards began I have managed to get my first 7 merits in about a week or so.I don't mind that its harder to get them,since that means that less people will have them.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

This should stickied =O

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I don't understand why people have difficulties getting merits! It's very simple. Newer games = easy to get merits ... old games = patience!!

Merit worthy comments are easy to do, I feel like writing a guide to them since people seem to be having trouble :P

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

I know, I actually don't find getting merits all that hard!

nicenicejt
nicenicejt
161 posts
Nomad

i still dont get it because ill never get a merit

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Really there not to challeneing to get.

Showing 46-60 of 66