ForumsThe TavernToo many clubs...

67 8135
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Ok guys, so I would like to speak on the matter of clubs. there are way too many, and they are really pointless. there's like 20 clubs with like 3 people in them. I just want to know why you make clubs. I mean, having clubs like the kirby club, and the super smash bros club where you talk about super smash bros or kirby is completely pointless. the whole purpose of a forum is to talk about certain subjects. if you want to talk about kirby, why not just make a thread where you talk about kirby? If you have a question about what the best character on SSBB is, make a thread asking what everybody's favorite character is. really the only club that i've seen that's not completely stupid is the sig strikers, because they're actually trying to make a statement, whereas all of the other clubs are just made because, from what I see, someone wanted to fit in with the norm, so they made another pointless club that only one person will join. I think that's all I've got.

• 67 Replies
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

i disagree because i have a club, and the topic is super smash bros brawl, and i currently have 7 people in it right now

and exactly what do you do in your club that you can't do by making a thread that talks about super smash bros.
1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad

it's just for fun, why do u hate clubs so much, if u don't like my club, don't join it

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2005/smallmalf2zq9.pngJoin the Sig Strikers
Join the Brawl Club

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

it's just for fun, why do u hate clubs so much, if u don't like my club, don't join it

i'm not gonna join. my problem isn't that I hate clubs, I just hate when people don't put any thought into things.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Can you guys please keep the arguring out of the way?
He doesn't hate clubs he just doesnt see a point in them

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Can you guys please keep the arguring out of the way?
He doesn't hate clubs he just doesnt see a point in them

yeah, this is also the whole point of this thread if you missed it.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Ok here is my group

DO you think this site has a lot of thought and other groups should be like this?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Lige, just about everything you've said in this topic I couldn't agree with more!

We all really wish the clubs would stop, but we aren't going to forbid them. That's just too strict. They are annoying, create more spam for moderators to clean up, help in some members skipping up ranks, and clutter the forum with topics about them.

Lige is right, if you are interested in a specific topic like SSBB or Kirby, go post in the topic! Why divide it into two places, especially when you get double the points for posting on profiles?

I think a good way to solve this is for AG to make a handle full of site-run groups to join. That way we could moderate them better.

But as is, they are annoying and frustrating to me at least.

Stickjesus
Stickjesus
166 posts
Nomad

Clubs are just for fun. They help people meet new people and start conversations. Me, starting the Southpark Fan Club was one of the best choices I ever made.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

DO you think this site has a lot of thought and other groups should be like this?

yes, I think that is a fine example , and I think that others should follow this example.
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I've only heard of two clubs, ever, and thats AG Pride, and Sig Strikers. I geuss theres probably alot more though.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I've only heard of two clubs, ever, and thats AG Pride, and Sig Strikers. I geuss theres probably alot more though.

well if you look at the first page of threads in the tavern, you'll find quite a few threads advertising clubs.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Name of the club: freinds club
Job: Make freinds to help Armor Games be more freindly to lonely people.
Members:
1) kingofgames- god of freinds- 296 freinds
2) gamer-guy-emperor friends-62 friends
3) pomoco-emperor friends- 54 friends
4) Girl power 2 - average- 12 friends
5)Drator- emperor freind- 54 freinds
6)123b00mudead-normal-14 freinds
7)Donkeykong13- lord of freinds-89 freinds
8)me44-king freind-58 friends
9)coolmaniscool-24 freinds-above average
10)Zanto_zsne - god of friends
Founders: flappybob999 and Evil_Zacky_Zacky
Vice leader: kingofgames
Rules:

No spamming other people's profile
No abusing the club

Thanks!

1-4 freinds: newbie
10-14 freinds: normal
15-19 freinds: average
20- 24 freinds: above average
25- 34 freinds: freindly
30-34 freinds: very freindly
35-49: king freind
50-69: emperor freind
70-99: lord of freinds
100 and above: god of freinds

this club made by me44 is pretty intereting and there isnt any "advertising" for it
1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad

srry, i didn't know so many people didn't like me making the brawl club. if it's making people too mad, just tell me and i'll dispand it

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2005/smallmalf2zq9.pngJoin the Sig Strikers

shadow_stealth
shadow_stealth
119 posts
Nomad

Too many clubs but I like my friends clubs my friends others is in not in my friends list.....................

I'm very confused.....

1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad
Showing 31-45 of 67