ForumsThe TavernToo many clubs...

67 8132
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Ok guys, so I would like to speak on the matter of clubs. there are way too many, and they are really pointless. there's like 20 clubs with like 3 people in them. I just want to know why you make clubs. I mean, having clubs like the kirby club, and the super smash bros club where you talk about super smash bros or kirby is completely pointless. the whole purpose of a forum is to talk about certain subjects. if you want to talk about kirby, why not just make a thread where you talk about kirby? If you have a question about what the best character on SSBB is, make a thread asking what everybody's favorite character is. really the only club that i've seen that's not completely stupid is the sig strikers, because they're actually trying to make a statement, whereas all of the other clubs are just made because, from what I see, someone wanted to fit in with the norm, so they made another pointless club that only one person will join. I think that's all I've got.

• 67 Replies
XxHellBlazerxX
XxHellBlazerxX
43 posts
Nomad

What is going on here, why are you fighting with each other?

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

Clubs are no big deal. If people want to make clubs they should go right ahead because I don't see the big problem

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

it's annoying, and according to asherelee, the mod's really don't like them either.

Deadmantale
Deadmantale
83 posts
Nomad

Hey i made the RPG Club and the Mardek Fan Club

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

check out the new zombie survival club! (serious, real time!)

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Hey i made the RPG Club and the Mardek Fan Club

check out the new zombie survival club! (serious, real time!)

Did you guys actually read the thread. this is the last place that you would want to advertise your club.
Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

the SECRET LIFE CLAN has 20 mebers it is important

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

first of all read the post just above yours. DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR CLUB IN THIS THREAD!

next, If your club is so important, what does it do? do you help the community somehow?

finally I'd like you to read the moderator input in the thread, and then think about if your club is truly important.

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

listen THE SECRET LIFE CLAN is a place where people can hang out and post and stuff and btw your not allowed and also as i told you we will have contest and in my clan you meet all types of new people!your just mad because you don't have a realy kewl club or clan!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't understand really what zanderthaw is getting at, but I do agree that nowadays there are too many clubs. We just need to maybe combine a few and have a even bigger turnout. Most of them don't succeed anyways.

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

mine did!

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg

I'm not mad because I don't have a club. I'm mad because people like you are making clubs. you can meet the same people in armorgames. people didn't join armorgames just to become a member of your club. how is it so hard to talk to people without having a club?

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

yea but when lige says that hes putting down everyones clan or club even the animal club! chaze!

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

Hey i can understand a stupid club like the Pie club but a club like the FR2 club has over 30 members and so does my club.......

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I agree with Lige in some respects. I too wonder the necessity of clubs and the sorts. Why not just make forum posts instead of spamming peoples walls, or game comments, or threads?

If you want to you start a club or be in one, I'm not stopping you. By all means go ahead. I just find it pointless, and like Lige mentioned, there are just way too many clubs, there's a club for everything and people are finding every excuse to start one.

How about a club called: "Making Good Game Comments To Help Out Developers of Flash Games"...yeah, I'll definitely join that one.

Showing 46-60 of 67