ForumsWEPRShould we use OIL?

117 20502
TROJANS
TROJANS
372 posts
Nomad

do you think we should use oil,well i dont we are hurting our mother earth.pleaase donate money i am but it no making a difference but we nedd a lot of more people to help us and we have ethanol know come on we can change this world

• 117 Replies
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

WeeMan147 Said: I think we should go back to the days of old and use horses and carriages instead of taxis.

I know this is a tad bit off topic, but I saw on the news there was a guy that actually did revert back to using a horse drawn carriage to get around. He would go on the side of the highway and stuff, it was pretty funny to see.
WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

I don't think any other alternative energy really has the benefits of natural energy. The sun isn't going to stop shining, the wind isn't going to stop blowing. It is a reliable way to get energy, and it is dependable.

Been there, tried that. The problem is catching and harvesting the energy efficiently. There are wind farms and solar farms, but the panels and windmills that they need are very expensive. They also need land to put these windmills, and they have to be able to get the electricity to the towns across America. The best way to harvest energy from nature is the water turbines under the waterfalls. I know in several places they have made waterfalls and then redirected streams to go over their waterfall. When the water falls down it turns a wheel which creates the energy. Humans have been shown to flourish next to large streams/lakes of water which makes it easy to assume that you wont have to move the the electricity that far making it easier and cheaper.

there was a guy that actually did revert back to using a horse drawn carriage to get around

That is the coolest cat in town, I bet. Horses are reliable forms of transportation that also can be used as workers on the farm. Multi-use equals more efficiency.
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

what alternative fuel do you think is the best?

None and all. I believe that no source is great alone. We need to use every source.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

What kind of sources do you mean though? Do you mean we should use all natural sources available?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Wow, I never thought I would find someone with the same view on that issue. We need to take care of our own backyard. Now, to get this back on topic, what alternative fuel do you think is the best?

Are you serious? I think thats what pretty much anyone thinks!

__

I think we should use our oil until were out. Well whether or not you argue on that, it will happen.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think we should use our oil until were out. Well whether or not you argue on that, it will happen.

Why should we continue to focus on using a non renewable energy source that we know is going to run out? And is harming the environment? We are going to have to turn to alternative energy soon enough, we might as well start making the transition now.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Not quite what I meant to say.

I don't think we will be able to develop significant alternative energies by the time oil runs out. So just saying, we will probably end up using all the oil.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, I see what you are saying now. I can't exactly agree with that, but at least you are recognizing the fact that we will have to switch to alternative forms.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

but at least you are recognizing the fact that we will have to switch to alternative forms.

Well I don't think anyone thinks there is an ongoing supply of oil under our Earth >_>
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well I don't think anyone thinks there is an ongoing supply of oil under our Earth >_>

The ignorance of some people is amazing!
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

The problem with debates is that it is imaginary. Whatever grenade you throw, and no matter how many atomic bombs you drop,
the other guy doesn't have to say his shield has been pierced.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

The problem with debates is that it is imaginary. Whatever grenade you throw, and no matter how many atomic bombs you drop,
the other guy doesn't have to say his shield has been pierced.

True that! No matter how well you argue your case, someone is always going to be too stubborn to admit it was a good point.
TROJANS
TROJANS
372 posts
Nomad

man carlie and drace are debating one on one

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Might you have an idea as to why people are ignorant to these types of things?

Is it just because they don't want to change their life?

Hmm...

___

Btw, look at the "last post". Haha looks sweet =D

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

Do you mean we should use all natural sources available?

Yes, I do. I don't know how well my car example would really work, but the concept is the only thing that matters. The car is somewhere in the first few pages, but it uses wind, solar, and ethanol power to work. No one source will come close to oil, but used together, they will be much more useful. Of coarse, all this comes at a high price, but oil does too. Not only is it expensive, but damaging to the environment. Plus, all the person who buys this imaginary car has to worry about is ethanol (it will get cheaper and easier to make)(hopefully NOT corn ethanol) and maintenance.

The ignorance of some people is amazing!

Yes it is.
Showing 76-90 of 117