ForumsWEPRShould we use OIL?

117 20500
TROJANS
TROJANS
372 posts
Nomad

do you think we should use oil,well i dont we are hurting our mother earth.pleaase donate money i am but it no making a difference but we nedd a lot of more people to help us and we have ethanol know come on we can change this world

• 117 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

it uses wind, solar, and ethanol power to work.

Would it not be more efficient to focus on one source of energy per car? It seems like the saying 'Quality over quantity' might apply here.
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

That would be the other idea. I personally like the use of several power sources for anything because the energy production of that thing would be greater. Also, sometimes certain energy sources would not work. I believe almost anything that runs should get power from solar panels, but if it is night or the weather is blocking the sun the solar panels would not be of much help. Also, the quality of no source (yes, this includes gasoline; gasoline is limited and hurts the environment) is good enough to run a car, let alone a factory. The combination of several sources could eliminate this problem.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Would it not be more efficient to focus on one source of energy per car? It seems like the saying 'Quality over quantity' might apply here.

Carlie is right. However, we should use those other energy sources for other gas guzzlers. This would make us less dependent on just one energy source.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Of course we need oil.

MrHam
MrHam
11 posts
Nomad

Oil for electricity: Heck no. I'd rather go nuclear than rely on oil.

Oil for cars: No other feasible alternatives.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Cars can also run on electricity and its the best way to avoid global warming

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yes, cars can run on electricity and some other things. But oil is the best right now by far. Until we can adapt out cars to be able to run well on electricity, olive oil, etc, we will have to use oil.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Well long as we can use them and try to make the planet better then its all good

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yea, as long as we are trying and are working on adapting our cars, we are on the right track.

soyo678
soyo678
185 posts
Nomad

I believe that if there are oil deposits on the earth, they should be used, or else God wouldn't have put them there. But they need to be used in moderation, and more sparingly...

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

Until we come up with another power source... we have too.

MrHam
MrHam
11 posts
Nomad

Cars can also run on electricity and its the best way to avoid global warming

Cars can also run on biomass. But as long as oil is around why bother changing? Its not worth it; at least not till technology makes biofuel more efficient.

Until we come up with another power source... we have too.

We don't use oil for power. We use Coal for power.
kamoro
kamoro
198 posts
Nomad

I think we should figure out how to use nuclear fusion, then use it.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

But nuclear fusion could also result in nuclear explosions... and inevitably people would figure out how too make cheap nuclear weapons.

WeeMan147
WeeMan147
199 posts
Nomad

I think we should figure out how to use nuclear fusion, then use it.

Some one better tell Colonel Potter that people are still kicking dead horses so he better hide Sophie. Come on folks, people like yourself are ostriches with your head buried in the sand just waiting to get eaten alive. Those of us that can see the light understand that that is a low priority right now because even if we figured out how to do it, it probably will NEVER be sold to consumers. So instead of sitting around with our thumbs in our sphincters waiting for some scientist to solve this problem that many people have been working on their whole life, we could be working on actual solutions.
Showing 91-105 of 117