ForumsGame WalkthroughsBubble Tank 2 Help

48 20039
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Well, I've found the final boss and I've gotten to the max stage twice (once as leech and second as ghost sniper).

Just wondering if anybody could give nay strategies for the boss, even hit and run doesn't seem to do anything at all to him.

Also, a rundown of the max stages (primary and secondary abilities, maybe a personal opinion of them would be nice too) would be nice since the leech max stage sucks (for me) and the ghost sniper is quite hard to use (the deforming ability is cool, as you can recon anywhere, but it ain't useful in combat).

Thanks in advance.

• 48 Replies
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Uh, leech tank is a made boss killer, just get one of the doomsday drones on one of the four parts of the final boss, and then he's guaranteed to die, even if you get downgraded the doomsday drone remains.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

WHich tank comes with those drones though? The leech tank?

GMSaitanGM
GMSaitanGM
93 posts
Nomad

houever plays this game suck's

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Yep, the leech tank comes with the doomsday drones. And to the guy above me... trolling much?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

How many stages until you get to the final stage? And which is better, light and agile, balanced, or heavy?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Flag
How many stages until you get to the final stage? And which is better, light and agile, balanced, or heavy?

You mean the final stage until boss?
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Uh, I dunno, I think that BT2 has it coded that you will eventually find the final stage (meaning it isn't pre-mapped into a location for each game). Anyways, there are 6 stages.

It is your decision to decide which one you like best. I personally prefer the light and agile ones early on, since each one still has about as much firepower, but the light and agile ones are faster, and smaller. However, the BFTs and heavy #4 are pretty fun to use, since they mop up the smaller enemies easily by auto targeting. On the other hand, i find the two snipers (the most agile and smallest) to be a pain to use. They fire very slowly, albeit they do good damage. The ghost sniper is different for me, I like the whole exploding thing . Fighters 3 and 4 are pretty good though. Balanced is just inbetween the fighters and the heavies, they arn't very unique, as they share secondaries for the most part, however, their two final stages (leech and drone) are VERY unique (although I personally hate the drone tank).

/rant

Basically, it's your decision, do you want to suck up enemy shots but kill them quickly? Or do you want to dodge enemy shots and kill them a bit slower?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

easy kill the bottom thing first then the two side things and then the middle top section i think each has some kind of shield generator so you have to destroy then in sequence pretty easy

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The tanks are suposed to automaticly save when you get them. This is a glitch and I beleive it should be fixed within a day or two.

It saves to arena mode when you beat the final boss, and then you have to press the button that says you want to continue playing in invincible mode, then quit after that, and you'll have all the tanks you have used up to that point in arena mode.

Are you guys sure? I am pretty sure that tanks are only unlocked if the tank makes it all the way and beats the boss without getting downgraded on its way there.
The7thMan
The7thMan
15 posts
Jester

I think the only way it saves is method #2; you need to beat the boss, choose to CONTINUE playing and THEN quit. If you quit right from the boss battle, it does NOT save.

Weird, but that's the way it works.

Also:

Does someone know how in hell you get the Sapper Fighter?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Argh! I can't get to stage 4 or 5, because I keep getting killed by the spawn machine!

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Yep, continue playing invincible, then quit, probably a coding mistake by the author.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Does someone know how in hell you get the Sapper Fighter?

I can't find it either, does it even exist or are we all chasing a glitch? o_o

Argh! I can't get to stage 4 or 5, because I keep getting killed by the spawn machine!

Change your ship, it may not be 'for you'. I think you should try the fighter, then just circle it and keep blasting it with the machine gun until it dies, that may be a little 'unskillful' I guess but it works, plus you shouldn't get hit much since you're always ahead of the spawners, just blow them up and keep firing.
Or wait, does the Spwn Carrier er whatever it's called shoot at you? If it doesn't then the circle thing is kinda pointless, just run from the little missiles or whatever they're called.

Are you guys sure? I am pretty sure that tanks are only unlocked if the tank makes it all the way and beats the boss without getting downgraded on its way there.

Well I saw on a blogish thing, think it was HeroInteracive's website actually, that this problem actually is a glitch o.o
The7thMan
The7thMan
15 posts
Jester

I don't know which you're talking about, but if you go out in a straight line it's practically impossible to win. I generally go once around the start and then move off in a three-deep line, snaking through each bubble. Even that can get hard at times.

Also, occasionally you bump into the game's hardest non-boss enemy whilst on level 3. That's really irritating, so when you see the huge round thing with two multiple shot guns, a huge cannon and a spawn for two fighters, get the hell out of Dodge. It's pointless trying to beat it unless you're invincible, really, because you'll only lose more bubbles than you get back. =/
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Yeah, the destroyer is a b*tch to kill, without invincibility I'd imagine it'd be harder to kill than the final boss actually. If you think about it, the final boss is actually really easy, the head's "gattling" big cannon shoots in a circle, so unless you follow the shots, you'll be hit by 2 max from a decent range away. The sides are so useless they couldn't do anything, they just shot parallel 3 shots every now and then. The seekers are annoying, but they only send 2 at a time, it's really a lot easier than facing off against a destroyer with lots of fighters all around you.

Showing 31-45 of 48