ForumsSupport ForumNew system of getting points. PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 5838
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

If you create a topic, everytime someone posts a comment on that topic, you get one AG point. However, you do not get points from putting a comment on your own topic. You may think that it is an easy way for people to get points, but remember, you don't have to post a comment on every topic. Then people who come up with good topics will be rewarded.

What do you all think.

• 50 Replies
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

True, but I wonder if an Admin or Mod would be able to battle that?

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Maybe by using IP Adresses

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

Heh, that makes sense.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Maybe by using IP Adresses

You can easily use a proxy. Also, people can team up and just say rub my back and I rub yours or in this case, post in my thread and I post in yours.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

You can easily use a proxy. Also, people can team up and just say rub my back and I rub yours or in this case, post in my thread and I post in yours.

Maybe, but if they make a topic and only they are talking they may be found out easily.
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Maybe, but if they make a topic and only they are talking they may be found out easily.

It just takes one post to bring back a topic. A few more people would post in it and the thread would be brought back to life. There are just too many ways to beat this way of getting AP.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

It just takes one post to bring back a topic. A few more people would post in it and the thread would be brought back to life. There are just too many ways to beat this way of getting AP.

Sorry can you rephrase what you mean
Dragon1049
Dragon1049
11 posts
Nomad

yea but what if they make new armorgames profile and commet on that forums it be cheating it would never happen

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Sorry can you rephrase what you mean

1) You and I both make a thread.
2) My thread starts to go to the next page since no one has posted in a while.
3) I tell you to post in it to bring it to the top and then I will post in your thread.
4) Both of our threads make it to the top of the first page so people post in those threads.
5) We just repeat this process and ta-da, AP.

You should understand it now.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I see what you mean, but why do people feel the urge to post in the top topic?

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I see what you mean, but why do people feel the urge to post in the top topic?

It has recent posts and conversation might be able to start up again.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

But I still don't dee why people would do it, because it may be something that they don't ahve an opinion on.

Anyway, If topics are past the first three pages, thy should be locked, yet Admin and Mod could still check that people are not spamming by creating recent ones.

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Can we get back to the idea please though, what does everyone else think.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Personally, I feel like this idea would get exploited, and it hearkens back to the Merit Recognition page. People would make extra accounts to vote themselves up, and get merits. At least in that situation, the Moderators had the choice of whether or not to merit the comment.

I don't really see a reason that we need more ways to get points, though I do agree that people are getting points 'illegally' more often than not. This might get people to actually get 'legitimate' points, but it would also make people make more threads. This would obviously not apply to the Forum Games section, but it might also make people make double threads instead of using the ones already there. For example, the Homosexuality thread is one of the more popular ones, so someone might want to make another just to get the points, instead of using the current one.

I'm not shooting this down yet, I just like to err to the side of caution, and we need to think of how this can be exploited to see if it is worth it. The less ways to exploit an idea, the better )

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Ok then ill keep working on it thanks for telling me though.

Can anyone think of a way to reward those who come up with good topics.

Showing 31-45 of 50