ForumsSupport ForumNew system of getting points. PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 5844
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

If you create a topic, everytime someone posts a comment on that topic, you get one AG point. However, you do not get points from putting a comment on your own topic. You may think that it is an easy way for people to get points, but remember, you don't have to post a comment on every topic. Then people who come up with good topics will be rewarded.

What do you all think.

• 50 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

If you create a topic, everytime someone posts a comment on that topic, you get one AG point. However, you do not get points from putting a comment on your own topic. You may think that it is an easy way for people to get points, but remember, you don't have to post a comment on every topic. Then people who come up with good topics will be rewarded.

What do you all think.

I don't really agree with this. I don't think it would reward good threads, just encourage more threads to be made from people attempting to get point from it. It would put the moderators under a lot more work and stress to have to go around and check every thread even closer, since more points would be on the line. If you think about it, threads like 'PSP vs. DS' only get a one word response. It seems unfair to me that the person who started a thread like that would get points for every response and probably get more points than someone who started a thread in the World Events forum that was well thought out and detailed. I just don't think that this would fairly distribute points.
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Ok fair enough. Thanks for getting back to me though

strifexv
strifexv
54 posts
Farmer

People would be even more inclined to spam the message boards if they got points for others commenting on their topics. There are enough trash topics without incentive, so it seems good in theory, but horrible in practice.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I am not completely understanding. You could get banned or something.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

Not a very good system.

Showing 46-50 of 50