ForumsWEPRWorld 2008 Olympics

45 7610
Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

I've been watching the news and can't wait for it to start but there seems to be to much polluted air and some will not join in the Olympics

post what you think of the 2008 Olympics

• 45 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Yea I also can't wait for it.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Latest news: Olympics-2008: China reveals emergency measures to improve air quality

Beijing (dpa) - China plans to take more vehicles off the roads and suspend operations in more than 200 factories if air quality does not improve, the government announced Thursday, as polluted air and grey skies continued to plague Beijing one week before the start of the 2008 Olympic Games.

If the air quality forecast is "extremely unfavourable" 48 hours in advance, authorities are to consider requesting Beijing, the neighboring Tianjin municipality as well as Hebei province to carry out emergency measures, the website of the Ministry of Environmental Protection said.

It was unclear whether monitoring would begin right away or 48 hours before the games are scheduled to begin on August 8.

williamrmck
williamrmck
68 posts
Nomad

The Olympics should be about all nations getting together under a common banner for a common reason, good natured sports.
This Olympics doesn't follow that at all.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I can't wait for them to start!!! I love the Olympics.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

To say the truth, I think the olympics may be the very next place to get bombed by terrorists. ANY trerrorists.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

i love the olympics go usa basketball team they are the best!

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

free tibet

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Yea I know those terrorists are f'n crazy

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I'm Very Excited because Aarik Wilson is from my home town!

Muddle
Muddle
104 posts
Nomad

there cool and i know an athlete really well!!
( his name is Bhavsar )

Stormchaser
Stormchaser
278 posts
Nomad

I'm worried about the Olympics this year. Mainly cause of a terrorist attack. Would to hate to see any more people hurt.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yea they'res a lot of polluted air so some people aren't going. Also, some of the images might be censored so we can't see all of China, and that may mean missing out on some of the games.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

Who chose China to be the place anyways?

MechanizedGrinder
MechanizedGrinder
232 posts
Nomad

Lol i watched something in the internet about the 08 olympics and they say the olympics is a trap.

i personally think that video was 4 comedy. I dont believe it any way.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

The Olympics is an international event. It will be heavily guarded by professionals from many countries. Besides, there will be people from their own culture and country there anyways. It would be dumb to bomb their own people. Terrorists in general are against western culture, not just going on a suicidal rampage to kill as many random people as possible.

Showing 1-15 of 45