ForumsSupport ForumQuitting...

72 10330
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I think if people say that they quit, their account should be deleted. That way, all the people with inactive accounts in the top 100 and top 10 won't be clogging it up for the active users. Let me know what you think.

• 72 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well, they put a lot of work into getting that high. They earned their spot, why should it be taken away?

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, what if the person who quit came back?

Firetail_Madness came back after a higly publicised quitting...

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

they really shouldn't be deleted

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

If someone quits, I beleive after a while they should automatically have their comments dissabled so no one can spam their profiles. That is why I beleive that all inactive acounts should have their comments dissabled after about a month of being inactive.

Then if they do become active, it is as easy as switching the commenting back on when they do come back.

TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
TH4_L3G3ND4RY_1
14 posts
Nomad

I liked your idea NoName. Why do so many people create accounts anyways?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

If someone quits, I beleive after a while they should automatically have their comments dissabled so no one can spam their profiles.

Now that is a pretty good idea. I am definitely against just deleting profiles.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

A lot of people create acounts and just never use them. I do not know why there are so many unused acounts to be honest. Some people create a bunch of alt acounts and ghost acounts while others create acounts after being banned/hacked/forgetting their password.

I like how I always find people posting on acounts with 0 AP "welcome to this site, if you need any help then jsut contact me and any mod on this site." It is not hard at all to figure this site out, if someone has 0 AP then they just do not care to gain points, it has nothing to do with them not knowing how to gain points.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

i think that if you dont use your account for a month it disabled but any1 who sent you a comment that person doesent lose any points......

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i think everyone that has quit should be put into a backup server which means if they log in again they will automatically come bak into the normal rankings and go bak to Normal AG status...same with ghost profiles...if they ever log in then they will become a part of AG...the backup server is unreachable to normal users so they cant comment or even find out that a person has quit...the backup server is not used normally so it wont get clogged up...i like my idea a lot!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

People should stay in the rankings, if they leave, more active members will just pass them up. Realy there have been no problems with people getting so high in rank then quitting and it becoming impossible to pass them up.

Anyways that is why it is called a leaderboard, if you quit, your acount is still here so your profile is embedded into history untill bumped off the charts.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

thats why the backup server i was talking about is great, noname! when the person tells a mod or admin that he/she is quitting the mod/ admin can put that profile into the backup server therefore if the person is #5 he/she wont be on teh leader board anymore...but the account is in the backup server and whenever it is logged into again the account will cum out and be on the leader board agaiN!

GoldFire
GoldFire
107 posts
Nomad

i think that is a good idea

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Now that is a pretty good idea. I am definitely against just deleting profiles.

Oh, my god... An idea that the mods/admins actually agree with! lol.
I also think that would be a good idea. I really can't think of a con, you have this idea bulletproof.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

i like my idea better cause in my way if the person wants to cum bak they are free to cum bak

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The backup server is a bad idea because there are many things that an go wrong and problems it does not solve.

First, who cares if someone on the leaderboards are not active?

Second, a backup server would be quite a bit more work than what is necessary. Why remove someone from the main server just to put them on a backup server when you can jsut keep them there?

Third, people will feel cheated if someone quits then when they finally get in first that person comes back and within a few weeks they are first again. People will wonder how they gained so many points so fast or feel they were cheated.

Anyways, if someone who is in the top 10 quits, people who are not in the top 10 are... well obviously nto even in the top 10 so why do they care? Removing a person would only bring everyone up 1 rank and if you are not in the top 10, that realy is not much.

If you are in the top 10, then you have a lot of points and if they quit then it wont be hard to pass them at all. It may take some time but it would not be hard at all.

If someone quits and are not in the top 10, then who cares at all if they are on the top 100 or not because like i said, it will only be around 1 rank up.

The backup server is too complicated and has too many drawbacks for it to work out. It won't realy hurt anything but it won't help either.

Showing 16-30 of 72