ForumsSupport ForumQuitting...

72 10327
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I think if people say that they quit, their account should be deleted. That way, all the people with inactive accounts in the top 100 and top 10 won't be clogging it up for the active users. Let me know what you think.

• 72 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The backup server is a bad idea because there are many things that an go wrong and problems it does not solve.

First, who cares if someone on the leaderboards are not active?

Second, a backup server would be quite a bit more work than what is necessary. Why remove someone from the main server just to put them on a backup server when you can jsut keep them there?

Third, people will feel cheated if someone quits then when they finally get in first that person comes back and within a few weeks they are first again. People will wonder how they gained so many points so fast or feel they were cheated.

Anyways, if someone who is in the top 10 quits, people who are not in the top 10 are... well obviously nto even in the top 10 so why do they care? Removing a person would only bring everyone up 1 rank and if you are not in the top 10, that realy is not much.

If you are in the top 10, then you have a lot of points and if they quit then it wont be hard to pass them at all. It may take some time but it would not be hard at all.

If someone quits and are not in the top 10, then who cares at all if they are on the top 100 or not because like i said, it will only be around 1 rank up.

The backup server is too complicated and has too many drawbacks for it to work out. It won't realy hurt anything but it won't help either.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

but just think about it..all of the people who commented on the quiters' profile would lose alot of ap.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

just let the top 10 stay there, if you have a problem with the amount of points they have AND have quit then you better start getting more cause a leader board is just for remembrance

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

o yeah and i had one more question, if you block commenting on the quitters profiles do all the people lose the ap they gained from commenting on them?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

If someone is in the top 10 or 100 and quits, then who cares if they are still in the top 10 or 100?

If they come back after being removed, it will only cause confusion. Chances are they did not realy quit anyways and even if they did, it is not like the top 10 or 100 is perminant so just pass them up.

The best thing to do is to just not worry about your rank.

but just think about it..all of the people who commented on the quiters' profile would lose alot of ap.

As much as I would love to see people in the top 100 lose their AP, it is a concern and people will get anoyed. I wish people would get 0 AP when leavign profiel comments because if someone commenting on yoru profile truly is trying to be friendly, then they should be commenting because they want to talk, not because they want points. If they comment for points then they don't deserve the points.

That is all besides the point, people will get angered if they lose a bunch of AP from an acount that is removed.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Why is it that whenever someone thinks of an idea.someone always has to find fault in it?Anyways lets just think of something.I mean I'm kinda getting sick of all the ghost profiles though.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

xD NoName have you read the old pages its about the same thing you just posted... If the people come back after they get removed and that stuff.. o.O

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

thats the problem a big one...imagine you posting on alot of topics long ago then they delete them then your ap goes down by 669 then how would you feel that you have to gain those points back that you worked hard for?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Why is it that whenever someone thinks of an idea.someone always has to find fault in it?Anyways lets just think of something.I mean I'm kinda getting sick of all the ghost profiles though.

Anybody who makes a suggestion should think out all the pros and cons before posting. Not everyone does this. The reason for pointing out the flaws is that before any idea goes live, it is important to find the flaws to really see if the idea should be considered or not.

I already thought about autodissabling comments when a player is inactive for a period of time. This would prevent a bunch of spam and I personally see no drawbacks.
HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

well thats pretty much good with me, if i posted on alot of topics that means im spamming and deleting them makes me take back my problem, the only bad thing is my ap lowers. And ok i dont want any of the accounts deleted i want them to stay there, but if i post a 1000 comments on StarScreamers profile or any of the ones that quit, that means im spamming... its what spammers deserve

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It is what spammers deserve and I would love to see people lose AP.

It is just not logical to delete profiles or waste time putting them on a backup server. If they quit they will eventually lose their rank anyways.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

True, NoName. And, if they quit, what happens when they want to come back a week later?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

People often 'quit' and return a month, week, even a day later. There is no 'quitting' ArmorGames, you just become inactive. This is not a club, a job, or anything you *need* to quit, it is a website that people sign up for, so they can participate. Quitters rarely stay away, at least indefinitely. I agree that after a certain amount of inactivity, the comments should be automatically disabled, but there is no need to ever delete accounts. They don't bog anything down, and even if someone is inactive, they still recieved their points fairly, and hold that spot until someone beats them.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

It is what spammers deserve and I would love to see people lose AP.

Oh, how cruel. :P
KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

I agree with you DragonMistress, too many people are becoming "inactive" on AG.

Showing 31-45 of 72