ForumsWEPRShould we legalize marijuana?

86 18545
Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

I want to know if you believe that Marijuana, should be legal.

State why and or why not it should be.

• 86 Replies
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

it is for people who deal with sertan medical conditions but you need a special permit and can only get a certian amount at a time.

4/20 rocks

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

Are you say only people with certain medical condition should be allowed to use Marijuana

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Q: What does marijuana do to the brain?
A: Some studies show that when people have smoked large amounts of marijuana for years, the drug takes its toll on mental functions (4). Heavy or daily use of marijuana affects the parts of the brain that control memory, attention, and learning. A working short-term memory is needed to learn and perform tasks that call for more than one or two steps.

Smoking marijuana causes some changes in the brain that are like those caused by cocaine, heroin, and alcohol. Scientists are still learning about the many ways that marijuana can affect the brain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got this from a website called NIDA. This is why it shouldnt be allowed.
Kanos
Kanos
175 posts
Nomad

I think it should be allowed, so that it can be taxed. Easy way to take money off gangs and it can be put to better use.

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

I personal Know a Girl who Smoke every day I've smoked with her few times with her. You may think he is stupid but actually, she is 2 in our class, she is in all honor classes and extremely smart.

And your website is completely anti drug so they are going to twist every finding about weed to make it seem bad.
I'm not trying to say you should weed but i'm just saying that some ppl who want to should be able
And I smoke often and my GPA is 92.054

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

I think it should be allowed, so that it can be taxed. Easy way to take money off gangs and it can be put to better use.

Is a some what valid point, but thats one and a big reason why are government says it illegal b/c weed is a hard drug to tax b/c it is so easy to grow and the government can't control and regulate it.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Yes, I think marijuana should be legalized, but strictly controlled. Take for example in Canada, marijuana is used for medicinal purposes, and even if it's for recreational use, police won't bust people with, say, 5-15 grams (maybe just a fine) because it's not worth the Justice system's time.

Also, there's this whole thing with decriminalization -- lessening the penalties for use (so that you get something like a fine).

But you're always going to have those who 'slip through the crack' -- say it is legalized, you're always going to have a bunch of people who seem to illegally distribute for their own profit.

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

InTheZone is absolutely correct. Exspecially about decriminalization,

the overwhelming majority of those charged with marijuana violations in 2000-- 646,042 Americans (88 %) -- were for simple possession. The remaining 12% (88,456 Americans) were for "sale/manufacture", an FBI category which includes marijuana grown for personal use or purely medical purposes. These new FBI statistics indicate that one marijuana smoker is arrested every 45 seconds in America. Taken together, the total number of marijuana arrests for 2000 far exceeded the combined number of arrests for violent crimes, including murder, manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

Like most Americans, people who smoke marijuana also pay taxes, love and support their families, and work hard to make a better life for their children. Suddenly they are arrested, jailed and treated like criminals solely because of their recreational drug of choice. State agencies frequently step in and declare children of marijuana smokers to be "in danger", and many children are placed into foster homes as a result. This causes enormous pain, suffering and financial hardship for millions of American families. It also engenders distrust and disrespect for the law and for the criminal justice system overall. Responsible marijuana smokers present no threat or danger to America or its children, and there is no reason to treat them as criminals, or to take their children away. As a society we need to find ways to discourage personal conduct of all kinds that is abusive or harmful to others. Responsible marijuana smokers are not the problem and it is time to stop arresting them.
Kanos
Kanos
175 posts
Nomad

It easy to grow, but so is tobbacco and they regulate the hell out who can and cant grow that

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

^ Best to cite your sources!

Anywho, legalization or even decriminalization depends on a lot of things, including: political climate, drug related things in the news (tons of grow up this year!), etc.

MasterChef117
MasterChef117
609 posts
Nomad

Well tobbaco and alcohol are legal and they poison you also.

Conspicuous
Conspicuous
3 posts
Nomad

Last time I checked, Alcohol doesn't have chemicals used to clean your house with...

Personally I think Marijuana should be legalized but when you think about how people (mostly Americans) are, can they really control themselves with such a thing? Look at the way kids behave around Alcohol alone. Marijuana is something that is considered to be far more dangerous than Alcohol and can you really expect people to have some self control?

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

@jtwolf22

Like most Americans, people who smoke marijuana also pay taxes, love and support their families, and work hard to make a better life for their children. Suddenly they are arrested, jailed and treated like criminals solely because of their recreational drug of choice. State agencies frequently step in and declare children of marijuana smokers to be "in danger", and many children are placed into foster homes as a result. This causes enormous pain, suffering and financial hardship for millions of American families. It also engenders distrust and disrespect for the law and for the criminal justice system overall. Responsible marijuana smokers present no threat or danger to America or its children, and there is no reason to treat them as criminals, or to take their children away. As a society we need to find ways to discourage personal conduct of all kinds that is abusive or harmful to others. Responsible marijuana smokers are not the problem and it is time to stop arresting them.
Responsible marijana smokers? I agree marijana can be used as medicine but smoking it is bad if those parents are as responsible as you say why were they breaking the law? What if that marijana had messed with their brains and they had done something to seriously hurt or kill themsleves or someone they love? What happens if that next smoke pushes them over the edge and they kill someone? You think tax moneys worth that? Can you buy a life back? What if someone snaps and goes on a killing rampage what about those families that dont smoke it should they be punished because someone didnt want to have to face their own life? Sure not everyone's gunna have that happen to them but what about the one who does?
Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

What if that marijana had messed with their brains and they had done something to seriously hurt or kill themsleves or someone they love? What happens if that next smoke pushes them over the edge and they kill someone?

Do you know what weed even dose to you it creates pacifism and nonviolence and is a stress reliever and much more

ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS

TOBACCO ........................ 400,000
ALCOHOL ........................ 100,000
ALL LEGAL DRUGS ................ 20,000
ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS .............. 15,000
CAFFEINE ....................... 2,000
ASPIRIN ........................ 500
MARIJUANA ...................... 0

Source: National Institute on Drug Abuse,
Bureau of Mortality Statistics
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Weed has also known to cause impotency among men, seeing as it can contain ingredients that you'd find in cigarettes!

Showing 1-15 of 86