ForumsWEPRShould we legalize marijuana?

86 18546
Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

I want to know if you believe that Marijuana, should be legal.

State why and or why not it should be.

• 86 Replies
Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

It easy to grow, but so is tobbacco and they regulate the hell out who can and cant grow that

Tobacco is very hard to grow it is difficult to cure, age, and process tobacco without specialized facilities

Weed is very easy put seed in ground, water, wait, have sun, let grow the cut it, and dry out
MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Do you know what weed even dose to you it creates pacifism and nonviolence and is a stress reliever and much more
and much more? What is this much more your refering to? Can you please provide a link
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I used to be against legalizing marijuana, but go to this site. It is very convincing. The pro's outweigh the con's on legalizing. Now, I'm all for it.

J4son
J4son
405 posts
Nomad

MAN, I know your new but this is the fifti-billionth post about Legalization of marijuana. Seriously, it won't get locked but there needs to be a sticky with official discussions.

The only reason Marijauna is not legalized is because they drew the line on drug use somewhere between smoking and pot. OK?

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

The only reason Marijauna is not legalized is because they drew the line on drug use somewhere between smoking and pot. OK?

one of the reasons maybe...
The_Comedian
The_Comedian
29 posts
Nomad

I believe that it should be legalized, along with a variety of other illegal practices, but with extreme regulation. If it is going to exsist, you might as well acknowledge its use.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i used to think it shouldn't be legal but there are some pros which would be benificial. If it is legalized the government could tax it with a high rate which would in turn lower prices of other products. Also, the crime rate would decrease. There have been 0 confirmed deaths due to the use of marijuana compared to hundreds of thousands of deaths related to alcohol and tobacco.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

People who are in jail for possession shouldn't be. If you are just found with A (1) joint, then you shouldn't be arrested. You obviously aren't distributing, and there are sooo many people out there doing it. There are far worse crimes that are going unpunished.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Exactly, like dizzyk wrote, it's useless to keep those who were in jail just for possession of one little roach (UNLESS of course they were in a car, then it becomes an issue). To me, it just doesn't make sense why you would want to lock up a person who has no intent to sell. If anything, get the dealers, not the users.

As for the lot of you stating it would be taxed by the government, let's not forget about illegal distribution, because: a) people want to make their own profit and b) people don't like taxes

It's like taxing those pimps!

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Look for the site I linked on page 2

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

If cigarettes and alcohol are allowed, then marijuana should be allowed. Alcohol has a legal limit. I am sure they could do that with marijuana. I don't mind what other people do as long as it does not affect me. I know they could be high and drive and crash into me. However, there are plenty of alcoholics out there.

On another note, the legal age should be 21. Cigarettes should be bumped up to 21 as well. When the legal age is 18, seniors in high school can legally buy them. Then they can sell the cigarettes to minors which is not good for their education. Kids will still do it but I think it would greatly lower the number if the legal age was 21.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Hmmm well it seems you have a more convincing argument Jtwolf it was fun debating with you. (i still dont think it should be legal but were all entitled to our opinions)

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

Yes but do people actually care about the limit if they did would ppl get drunk?

Jtwolf22
Jtwolf22
143 posts
Nomad

I thank you all for stating you opinions about Marijuana. This was fun and it was not out of control like some other forums.

soyo678
soyo678
185 posts
Nomad

I want to point out that marijuana is the #1 producing crop in Kentucky, but on to the point. Marijjuana wouldn't be a problem if ppeople weren't getting high and doing stupid stuff like trying to drive. If all pot smokers just stayed quietly at home while they were high the government would'nt have a problem with legalizing it, but we all know that there's no way that will happen.

Showing 16-30 of 86