ForumsSupport ForumTop 25-50 People With the Most Merits.

46 5915
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

I've suggested this before, but it was quite a while ago and even though people seemed to like the idea, it didn't happen. I think it would be a great idea if we could have a list of the top 25 to 50 people (whichever), that have the most merits and have it either on the 'View full Ranking' list or somewhere else, but that's probably the best place. I'd honestly like to see where I'm at in merits and how far I am from the person in front of me.

• 46 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Personally I beleive most of the people with a lot of merits do not deserve to be recognised. A lot of people made merit worthy comments (not a big deal) and had other people recomend their comments to merit recognization (these people did not "stumble" onto his comments randomly but automatically knew/searched for comments made by him to give him an unfair advantage).

Because most people who have a lot of merits either cheated or had their own little fan club of users who always searched for comments by that person just to recomend them (I am sure most just cheated more than anything) it realy was an unfair advantage.

I beleive most people with under 30 merits are honest but people like nick_coolhaha i am fairly certain cheated. Of course with no proof I am not completely sure but its pretty odd how I always found the same group of people recomending his merits for games that hardly anybody plays.

HeIIdud296
HeIIdud296
274 posts
Peasant

yeah nick has so many merits how is that possible to get, although it is... most people cheat on merits and its sooo unfair >

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I will definitely not make the list.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I do apolagize, I probally should not speak that way. I have my opinions but without any real proof I should realy not say anything.

Nick does know how to make a merit worthy comment. I just can't get over the loads of people who searched for his comments and nobody else's comments. I could be wrong and Nick could have just had a lot of fanboys sucking up to him (still unfair but can't be helped to a certain point).

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Well, couldn't you say people cheated to get ArmorPoints? Isn't a majority of peoples 'comments' gained from just chatting with a friend on their messenger?

Let's not forget those silly little one liners and simply rating every single game on the website. Easy way to rack up AG. It's like saying those on the top 100 don't deserve to be up their because darn it, they did more chatting than reviewing.

Ehh.. it's a sticky situation.

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Personally I beleive most of the people with a lot of merits do not deserve to be recognised. A lot of people made merit worthy comments (not a big deal) and had other people recomend their comments to merit recognization (these people did not "stumble" onto his comments randomly but automatically knew/searched for comments made by him to give him an unfair advantage).
Because most people who have a lot of merits either cheated or had their own little fan club of users who always searched for comments by that person just to recomend them (I am sure most just cheated more than anything) it realy was an unfair advantage.
I beleive most people with under 30 merits are honest but people like nick_coolhaha i am fairly certain cheated. Of course with no proof I am not completely sure but its pretty odd how I always found the same group of people recomending his merits for games that hardly anybody plays.

Basically, what you're saying is anyone with over 30 merits are liars and cheaters correct? So, nickcool_haha, XCoheedX, Moe, Calm, Crazynaitor, StarScreamer, and some other are unhonest and cheaters?

Just because you have a lot of merits doesn't mean you're a cheater or liar. The sole purpose of merits is a good thing, not a bad thing. And, yes you are right, you have no proof so quit predicting ridiculous stuff.

Back to the suggestion, what does everyone else think about it?
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Well, couldn't you say people cheated to get ArmorPoints? Isn't a majority of peoples 'comments' gained from just chatting with a friend on their messenger?

Very true, I do not beleive in posting for points. In fact I do not realy care if I get a merit myself or not. I just absolutely hate how some users liek Nick would always show off their merit count. Sickens me a little I wont lie. Of course that whole merit trend is dead now so I am now comfortable with the merits again.

It wouldnt hurt to have a list for merits, but personally I would never even glimpse at it because it sickens me how some users seemed to show off their merits and how others just made it worse by practicly worshiping them (of course I exagerate some).
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Maybe....

yeah nick has so many merits how is that possible to get, although it is... most people cheat on merits and its sooo unfair >

It's possible........if you spend most of your time on Armourgames, playing and writing comments super long. After a while, I'm sure you automatically have 2-3 suggestions for the different types of games.
I have no idea if this is true, but it's the only thing I can think of that can, for lack of a better term, 'counter', this situation o_o
Either that, or these people spend little time in the real world and dedicate themselves to spending hours on getting merits. Like a WoW addict, or something.

The Top 25-50 Merit list, it isn't a super awesome idea or nessacary(but then, who cares?), but it's not a bad idea either, and maybe might be put in later =)
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Personally, I really don't think it's a good idea... it's better to be humble, isn't it? :P

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

I am in the Top 25 you cant blame us for chatting were popular i think and i run a club with 30 members in it and i ahve to send club updates evry day to every other day..... =D

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

The Top 25-50 Merit list, it isn't a super awesome idea or nessacary(but then, who cares?), but it's not a bad idea either, and maybe might be put in later =)

You see, that's just the thing. That's what a lot of people said, including mods, when I posted the same suggestion around 3 or 4 months back yet the idea never got carried out. I'd give a link but I'd have to do a lot of searching.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Ryan, I said a lot of people cheated... not everyone. A lot of other people had people recomending their comments even without their being an agreement.

Also I did not mean everyone with more than 30 merits are honest. Very few people haev more than 30 merits and some people with more are cmpletely honest. Especaily the ones who got more than 30 after the Merit Recognization was terminated. Do not take what I say too litteral. It was just too give everyone an idea of my opinion.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

@ Chaze100

We're talking about Merits....not Armour Points o_o
And that's good for you?

it's better to be humble, isn't it?

NO! You need to run in the middle of everything and shout out your opinions like a maniac! A MANIAC!!!
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Also I did not mean everyone with more than 30 merits are honest. Very few people haev more than 30 merits and some people with more are cmpletely honest. Especaily the ones who got more than 30 after the Merit Recognization was terminated. Do not take what I say too litteral. It was just too give everyone an idea of my opinion

Well, you said and I quote.. "Anyone with under 30 merits is honest..." What is that supposed to mean? People with a lot of merits are supposed to be the honest ones. :/ And if they supposably "cheated" to get them, then don't you think the mods would've done something about it before they get over 100? I didn't take what you said too literal either. I took what you said, and stated it in my own words, which made what you said sound ridiculous. haha xD

OK, back on topic please? I really wish this topic would stop getting spammed. Can anyone ELSE tell me what they think of this idea?
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Ok, I do apolagize, I meant are "more likely" honest.

Showing 1-15 of 46